Thread: Got Banned Due to Quantity, not Quality | Forums

Got Banned Due to Quantity, not Quality

So I was playing a match with a friend when an enemy made an excuse for dying. I did what was obvious and said "*n word NOT WITH THE HARD R* stfu" and instantly got banned for 2 hours because their whole team reported me for toxic behavior. I would like to get unbanned this instant, as this was uncalled for. This is a rated M game, where cursing is allowed. The fact that they decided to ban me for saying "stfu" is rude and heinous, and I want compensation.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Homihoho Go to original post
    So I was playing a match with a friend when an enemy made an excuse for dying. I did what was obvious and said "*n word NOT WITH THE HARD R* stfu" and instantly got banned for 2 hours because their whole team reported me for toxic behavior. I would like to get unbanned this instant, as this was uncalled for. This is a rated M game, where cursing is allowed. The fact that they decided to ban me for saying "stfu" is rude and heinous, and I want compensation.
    firstly your ban was for 2 hours. this means your a repeat offender,

Secondly why are you getting triggered over someone getting salty........ maybe cool down a bit and just chill and ignore what people say. sometimes they go OTT but at the end of the day, its words just report and move on.
     2 people found this helpful

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    You dont get banned for 2 hours unless you've used bad words in chat before.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Homihoho Go to original post
    The fact that they decided to ban me for saying "stfu" is rude and heinous, and I want compensation.
    How is that a fact? As far as I can tell you used the N word (without the hard R) and it was a considered a racist term, not for saying stfu. Cuss like a drunk sailor just don't talk like a rapper that uses *removed* for half of his vocabulary.

Don't worry though, Ubi has told us that a rework of the system is well on its way and should be touching down soon.

So you think your pronouncing a racist term slightly differently changes it's racial history and offensiveness and makes it innocent ? That the ban was for saying STFU ?
    Wow, this is an astounding lack of comprehension. The N word, and the current words used to avoid chat filters such as the one WBBCoop just used are offensive and racist, end of story. This is really not that complicated to understand.

Oh please, give me a break. That term is used by the black community as a term of endearment all the time. I don't know it's exact connotation because I'm not black, but I also don't use it at all thinking that I was black. I referenced it in that same context and as such I find no offense nor racism involved in it's use. Hell, I was one of few that befriended a black family back in the 70's when I was a kid, I'm as anti-racist as you can fathom.

And that's why we have new chat rules, to be able for people to express their feelings with the words they choose to use without being autobanned. I assure you that a 5 stack of brothers aren't gonna get banned for habitually calling each other the 'N' word. ( <-is that better even though we both know exactly the word were referring to?).

edit: and yea, I know nothing will be seen in the chat, but players are still gonna type it.

@WBBCoop
    If a 5-stack of "brothers" as you termed them use it in the in-game chat they will get hammered just the same. Here's the thing, it is up to Ubi to define what they feel is toxic language, the N word and it's derivatives fall under into that category so them's the breaks. Since you aren't black and admit to not knowing it's exact connotation I would suggest learning about it and then coming back to try defend it.
    Whether or not you find it offensive means nothing, there's plenty of language I don't find offensive but many do and I have to try respect that. I would have to ask if you would call any of your blacks friends that word ? If not then why would you think it acceptable online ?

Furthermore I pointed out you using the the common derivative since it was created to deliberately avoid chat filters and still allow toxic idiots to spam it on Twitch channels. The use of it does not lessen the meaning, it simply makes it painfully obvious that the person was purposefully avoiding the filter and deliberately going for it.

Originally Posted by IreFilledMonkey Go to original post
    @WBBCoop
    If a 5-stack of "brothers" as you termed them use it in the in-game chat they will get hammered just the same.
    I very much doubt it. Not only that, but like I said, there's a duality and separation of the word that the black community uses freely and it must be accepted regardless of how other ethnic groups perceive it. Just because Ubi doesn't understand it's usage does not mean it's offensive in all cases. It may be close to offensive if another nationality uses the term, but it certainly isn't defined as such.

Yea, I have black and white acquaintances that use the N word ending in 'ga' instead of the offensive derivative of 'er'. There is nothing wrong with disassociating one word with the other and most of the people on the planet already grasp this idea. So, call it what you like and paint me anything you want, it wont change the fact that it's not going away and nobody's gonna change it..and to be perfectly honest I have no clue why your making such a big deal out of it. I know nobody, not one person that does not accept the black community using that word in a positive way. If you don't understand what I'm saying, or how the blacks use it, then that's your wild hair up your own rear end.