Thread: New Far Cry Trailer | Forums

New Far Cry Trailer

Looks like we're getting some new Far Cry tomorrow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKseXjx_668

Is it a new addon for Far Cry 5? A new standalone game? Clearly, it's some kind of sequel or continuation to Far Cry 5, either way.

I am glad that Ubisoft is going in a new direction here. Some type of futuristic, post-apocalyptic setting... But, is this going to get lost in the noise of other similar games? For example, plenty of people are already calling this out as a Fallout ripoff. I think it's going to be more like a Rage ripoff, and with Rage 2 dropping this Spring, the comparisons will be even more common (they even used a dark magenta font in the teaser trailer). For comparison, here is the Rage 2 gameplay reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQMytyBFeA

If you recall, Ubisoft famously used the Far Cry 4 map as the rough basis for the Far Cry Primal map. In this case, it would 100% make sense to do that here: use the Far Cry 5 map as the basis for this futuristic post-apocalyptic game, which is clearly set in the same place, albeit a good amount of time in the future.

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by N4DAR31GN Go to original post
    In this case, it would 100% make sense to do that here: use the Far Cry 5 map as the basis for this futuristic post-apocalyptic game, which is clearly set in the same place, albeit a good amount of time in the future.
    So this.

Mad Cry 5.

Also, I guess this explains why there was no 'good' ending in FC5.

See? There was a point!

Looks like it’s called Far Cry New Dawn.

And judging by the box art, everyone in the future will dress like the 1980s BMX bike kids in Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure.

A cynical person might say Ubisoft are trying to bully those who haven't bought FC5 yet into purchasing it ASAP by essentially spoiling its ending in the marketing campaign for this new one.

Originally Posted by AnimusLover Go to original post
    A cynical person might say Ubisoft are trying to bully those who haven't bought FC5 yet into purchasing it ASAP by essentially spoiling its ending in the marketing campaign for this new one.
    So, having the ending of FC5 spoiled makes people want to buy FC5 because... ?

Please explain how this is 'bullying'? lol

Originally Posted by St.Million Go to original post
    So, having the ending of FC5 spoiled makes people want to buy FC5 because... ?

Please explain how this is 'bullying'? lol
    It's fairly obvious but I'll explain it differently: People who haven't bought Far Cry 5 but are planning to will feel pressured into getting it quickly so that they're not accidentally spoiled via the marketing for the new game - which starts exactly where FC5 ends.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AnimusLover Go to original post
    It's fairly obvious but I'll explain it differently: People who haven't bought Far Cry 5 but are planning to will feel pressured into getting it quickly so that they're not accidentally spoiled via the marketing for the new game - which starts exactly where FC5 ends.
    It's almost as if this new far cry is a direct sequel to the one that came before it huh? The 'logic' at play here suggests almost any sequel is just a bullying tactic to get sales on the title that came before hand. Some of the most absurd thinking I've ever seen...WTF?

Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    It's almost as if this new far cry is a direct sequel to the one that came before it huh? The 'logic' at play here suggests almost any sequel is just a bullying tactic to get sales on the title that came before hand. Some of the most absurd thinking I've ever seen...WTF?
    The difference is other games don't usually come out merely a year later so you have plenty of time to catch up before the latest instalment...