Thread: The new map is tower 2.0 | Forums

I like the new map.

I think sometimes the map designers forget this is 5 V 5 gameplay. Maps like Tower just have way too many levels, and each level is excessively large; the catwalk is especially annoying; there shouldn't really be a safe-haven inside any map for attackers that defenders can't reach; in this case the vertical gameplay heavily favors attackers, and just by design, isn't balanced. I really don't like the new Hereford either (again, too many levels, and each is very, very similar). Some of the best map designs I prefer are maps like Coastline, Border, Bank, Consulate, Kafe, and while some would disagree, I really like Plane because it's "different". I also enjoy House (it's a classic, got to appreciate it).
     1 people found this helpful

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    One of the few DLC maps I like.

In the real world - how many times would a team of defenders blow open all the walls so they were essentially 'defending' an open-air pavilion?

Yeah - never ... that's how many. The problem is that the game does the opposite of reality. It gives defenders of wide-open spaces an advantage when in reality anyone who does such a thing would be annihilated in 0.1 nanoseconds by an attacker who just approaches slowly and shoots from far away. Defenders who can blow out the walls of the objective room and act like they're sniping from a nest or who just ignore the objective completely in favor of bum-rushing are the problem. And building maps that support that kind of gameplay are bad. If I wanted a run & gun, spray & pray shooter then I'd go play Quake or Overwatch.

The map is good. Don't change a thing. The wide hallways and the art style of it, plenty of cover points. It is a good map. Remember Nomad is here to protect your flanks.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA Go to original post
    The map is good. Don't change a thing. The wide hallways and the art style of it, plenty of cover points. It is a good map. Remember Nomad is here to protect your flanks.
    I agree. It's a great map.

I just wish the lighting was closer to 5k kelvin. But other than that I love it so far.

My absolute favorite map so far

The large number of destructible walls allows for a lot of creativity, and unpredictability.

Sure, its large, and therefore roamers have more freedom to move around, hence why Nomad was brought in to cover flanks

Attackers on this map need to move together more tactically or get picked off

I think it would be nice for the NEXT map to be the opposite, a more cramped, less room to move kinda map (like House, another one of my favs)
    EVERY map should NOT, ALWAYS be roamer friendly, or any specific strat friendly. Thats what mixes it up.

Ubiflowessence's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for response everyone! I'll share this feedback with the team!

I haven't play the new map a lot.
    But for some reason I dislike maps that look like a "giant ball of rooms". After Theme park , all maps were like this. Theme Park, Tower, even Villa looked like rooms clumped randomly together.

I like maps that have structure. Like Border, Oregon etc. Where there is a place to start and a place to finish. And before people tell me that I just like small maps or maps with few rooms, I love Skyscraper too, which is not that simple but it does have structure.

And even if you have to make a map that is a little spherical(not enlongated), still , you can make it like Bank, you dont have to make it like a giant ball of rooms clumped together.

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    the maps are just too big and with too many options for a 5v5 , a bit more open space with cover to move instead of crampled small rooms that dont even make sense most of the time would make them feel at least less of a maze.

and for tower a bold sugestion , i always loved the look of the modern gardens beneath the lowest floor , how about making that area a second option for attackers to spawn in? could possibly save the map.