Thread: The new map is tower 2.0 | Forums

The new map is tower 2.0

A massive map with a load of little rooms that heavily favours roamers. Another garbage map
     4 people found this helpful

Map is pretty good.
     2 people found this helpful

Nothing...I repeat...nothing...can be as bad as Tower. I'm still giving the new map the benefit of doubt as I continue to try to learn it....but again...NOTHING is as bad as Tower. They should delete Tower to make room for something else.
     3 people found this helpful

Map reminds me of favela with all the little rooms and large amount of destructibility. Sadly another map that forces a roaming playstyle rather than actually defending obj room

Ubiflowessence's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for the feedback guys! What do you find most frustrating with the map as compared to other maps like Tower? Is there anyone else who feels the same way or thinks the new map is better than previous maps?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by croken717 Go to original post
    Nothing...I repeat...nothing...can be as bad as Tower. I'm still giving the new map the benefit of doubt as I continue to try to learn it....but again...NOTHING is as bad as Tower. They should delete Tower to make room for something else.
    Towers concept was solid it was just the execution was bad. If they would've removed a small amount of cover from the catwalk and made more of the floors destructible it would of been fine. However this habit of theirs of making easy roam heavy maps needs to stop. Roaming across the map and easily getting back to obj with no resistance needs to end.

Originally Posted by Ubiflowessence Go to original post
    Thanks for the feedback guys! What do you find most frustrating with the map as compared to other maps like Tower? Is there anyone else who feels the same way or thinks the new map is better than previous maps?
    The new map, while seemingly designed to give roamers options, has too many viable entry points.

Personally, I miss bank style maps where you have a bulk of larger rooms based on a common aesthetic we as players see every day in the real world. Hereford base and Fortress just feel like mazes with an excess of rooms. Coastline and bank are the gold standards of map design in this game.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubiflowessence Go to original post
    It would have to be how easy roaming keeps getting made. Take the old Hereford if a roamer wasn't near obj on basement and it got taken they were punished by having to fight to get back in with some risky flanks same with clubhouse before its "buff". Now maps are oh I can sit on the opposite side of the map and even of attackers take obj they can't lock down the 15 different flanks that all these rooms give them. Personally I loved favelas style base rotations that could be locked down and opening rotations through gadgets had a high risk/reward for both sides.

Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    It would have to be how easy roaming keeps getting made. Take the old Hereford if a roamer wasn't near obj on basement and it got taken they were punished by having to fight to get back in with some risky flanks same with clubhouse before its "buff". Now maps are oh I can sit on the opposite side of the map and even of attackers take obj they can't lock down the 15 different flanks that all these rooms give them. Personally I loved favelas style base rotations that could be locked down and opening rotations through gadgets had a high risk/reward for both sides.
    Yeah I agree. There are just too many little nooks and crannies for roamers to hide in with no effort needed to get back on site

I actually think fortress is worse than tower at the moment, im really not liking it tbh
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Sam_vimes_ Go to original post
    Yeah I agree. There are just too many little nooks and crannies for roamers to hide in with no effort needed to get back on site

I actually think fortress is worse than tower at the moment, im really not liking it tbh
    Meh like I said towers concept was good(give attacker a space to catch their breath and the ability to lock down rotations) it was just the execution. More floors should of been destructible, a little better lighting, remove the center elevator, and lower the catwalks wall by like a foot to where you don't have to catch an extremely lucky shot on a head glitcher but it would still give an attacker a small edge.

Sadly this map philosophy of theirs is helping keep the meta stale because it just reinforces the same crappy trap/roam meta. they're to afraid to mix it up