Thread: Worldwide Far Cry reveal at the Game Awards | Forums

Ubi-CJ's Avatar Community Manager

Worldwide Far Cry reveal at the Game Awards

Tune in Thursday, December 6th at the Video Game Awards for the worldwide reveal of the next Far Cry.
     3 people found this helpful

Exciting!

Im a bit bummed that theres still expansions coming after support for arcade was dropped

Cant wait to see what this is tho!

apapoutsas's Avatar Member
    Awesome news! You guys are streamlining treats for us non-stop! Can't wait.

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    I hope Arcade (PvP / Editor) can be added to this expansion with changes and extras, The Uncharted games did this on PS4 they included the same multiplayer with the last 2 games which was a great idea, some are thinking this could have some kind of Battle Royale mode - if so I hope it's better than Dying Lights Bad Blood because that is dreadful on PC lots of cheating & its a slow boring game in the standard mode.

The setting looks very sweet for this post apocalyptic / mad max, very interested to see what we get if its solo only, or has cooperative and maybe multiplayer and an editor.
    For me Primal was great, I liked Blood Dragon but it was quick and felt thrown together with the animals / crafting / unlocks.

So looking forward to to this reveal, not been playing much Far Cry 5 lately, the 2 player COOP in my opinion never really worked because players had to stay so close, tried it a few times and didn't get excited but maybe 4 player coop would be more fun.

So is it a continuation of Far Cry 5 (As mentioned here) or a whole new expansion?

Yes! I can´t wait for more info!

Originally Posted by legacyzero Go to original post
    Exciting!

Im a bit bummed that theres still expansions coming after support for arcade was dropped

Cant wait to see what this is tho!
    Well it's a brand new Far Cry, even if it looks like that it takes place after the events of Far Cry 5.

People are already talking about the fact that it might be the Fallout 76 of Ubisoft, but it could be a lot different than they imagine, a post apocalyptic open world without vehicles might cut a big part of the fun with travelling.
    I hope they are still going to be available in some way, Mad Max style of course.
    When i think about an after nuclear event i will always remember at the Stalker series, which manage to make great atmosphere in quite big environment,
    Seeing that now Ubi is working on this type of setting is very exciting indeed, especially with all the gameplay mechanics they already have at disposal.

Anyway, will the use of the crossbow saw discs cause dismemberment of the ennemies ? :P

Originally Posted by FlyingSpiritus Go to original post
    Well it's a brand new Far Cry, even if it looks like that it takes place after the events of Far Cry 5.
    Sure but I still wonder if Joseph Seed will still play a part, the actor who played him tweeted a while ago that he was filming so I expect he will show up somewhere in the game.

Originally Posted by FlyingSpiritus Go to original post
    a post apocalyptic open world without vehicles might cut a big part of the fun with travelling.I hope they are still going to be available in some way, Mad Max style of course.
    I hope if there is PvP and Arcade (building maps) that we still get the vehicles from Far Cry 5 even if they are not in this new game.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Fallen-Champ Go to original post
    I hope if there is PvP and Arcade (building maps) that we still get the vehicles from Far Cry 5 even if they are not in this new game.
    I really hope too, adding an Arcade editor with improvements, especially regarding the MP part can only be a good thing, as those will definitely increase their sales.

https://www.newsweek.com/far-cry-lea...tana-5-1247563

That image to me looks a little coop or pvp orientated, more fun so unsure if its campaign based or PvP or both - looking forward to finding out later tonight / early morning.

As we are already discussing on facebook there are vehicles in the image and one of the weapons appears to have a bayonet attached.

If this is an expansion, great. If not PLEASE please please do not botch the gun mechanics again. 3 and 4 beat the life out 5. 5 had the worst gun mechanics since pre-overhaul Payday 2.