Thread: Toxic players completely ruin the experience | Forums

  1. #1

    Toxic players completely ruin the experience

    I'll try not to rant but toxic players really do ruin this game and other people's experience. These people are so self-centred and only care about them having fun no matter how much fun they take away from other people. Let's say someone is being toxic for whatever reason and they teamkill you. They are quite literally wasting time in your life because you don't want to sit through rounds of watching people because if you wanted to do that then you would watch YouTube or Twitch. Now if this is casual then you can just quit and find another game but I feel like that is their ultimate end goal. They want to get a reaction from you and specifically an angry one. Even by quitting and find another game they have still achieved their goal of making you angry and rage-quitting. They have still wasted your time albeit less than it could have potentially been.

    However in ranked you don't have the luxury of leaving games and finding a new one because if you quit and try to join another game you can only join the game you left. However if the game you left finishes, then you get banned. However if you stay in the game toxic people will only continue to be toxic and will ruin the experience and waste a lot of your time since ranked games can go for longer. I do my best not to give my teammates any excuse to be toxic and I like to think I'm always forgiving to my teammates (old me wouldn't have been so forgiving lol). However some people will always find a way to be toxic by being overcritical and nit picking every tiny thing you do as if you need to play precisely how they are thinking in their mind without them saying anything.

    My question is what do I do? Do i leave the game and accept the ban if I don't join the game before it finishes? Or do I stick with it letting these people control me, teamkill me for the most ridiculous and immature reasons just to avoid being banned and letting my anger bottle up? People have their own way of dealing with this stuff but I hate to give what these people want which is attention, a reaction (specifically an angry one), credit or whatever else they want. I don't want to walk away from the game because first of all I want to play it and secondly I don't want to let idiots like these people control my life and make me get off. That is still giving them what they want. Toxic people always have power in this game because of the whole one-life per round deal. I've tried to reason with them but that is never possible.

    It's particularly a problem when you are solo-queueing and you have a team of 4 who can literally do anything they want to you knowing they can easily kick you at any time. When they want to play all recruit or do knives only and I don't conform to their made up stupid rules because I don't find it fun, I am the one that gets the punishment. Yes - I take a gun to a knife fight because I want to play the game the way it should be played and the way I want to play. Sorry but its a competitive game in nature so its hard sometimes to do these kinds of things for me personally.

    I think there are two kinds of people who are toxic at least in ranked. There's the genuinely good people who let their emotions and competitiveness get the better of them ( I used to be like this and am trying to control this as much as I can) and I can forgive those people if they admit these things. Then there's the people who are just dickheads being toxic for no logical or justifiable reason other than being dickheads. I'm genuinely curious to see what these people are like in real life. Are they selfish and self-centred like they seem to be in the game? Is there some correlation between real life actions and video game actions? Were they raised wrong? This is getting off topic but I just want to know why people are so toxic. It's honestly not hard to be nice and play the game fairly and consider everyone.

    I simply don't understand the thought process of some people. In my 700 or so hours of playing siege I have learnt to relax and not take it so seriously sometimes and I'm definitely having more fun with that mindset. However it still takes away from ranked as people from casual leak over to ranked. I think ranked is becoming a gimmick and it's hard to take it seriously with some people. Ubisoft could start by removing recruit from Ranked. That would be a start in making Ranked more serious.

    Anyway, I know I said I wouldn't rant but here I am! I just want to hear what other people think or give them a space to rant too I guess? Yeah not sure what to expect from this, I just hope people can be adults with their comments as I'm sick of immature people in Siege.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,509
    Out of all the threads today I thought yours I would respond to.

    There is a 3rd type of toxic player you didn't mention and it's those that want to exact revenge on the game and Ubisoft. It's those players that are the most toxic because they have malice behind their actions and we're just innocent bystanders in their little mission of terror.

    I'm not so sure you're looking at your options in a healthy or constructive way. You say you don't want them to 'force' you to take action, yet inaction is creating unwanted emotions. Basically you're damned if you do and damned if you don't..which isn't really the right way of looking at it. From my standpoint we all have a choice to play the game or get personal with it. You have to pick what game you play and what they do can't effect it because it's your game. If they start f**king with you then make a choice on who's game you're playing and act accordingly. For the soloist, simply leaving the match is probably better than any other action you could take. However, it's not like they 'win' and you're giving in. It's more like you're not playing their game and they can have that trash match.

    I leave you with this mantra to think about when you run into these clowns: AMFYOYO ( adios mother f***ers you're on your own).

    Good luck mate and peace out!
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    If they would put a vote to kick in ranked it would help as I am too sick of the ranked toxicity. I work all day come home get my outdoor chores down take a shower and want to have some fun with what limited time I have. Nope not today, surprise half your matches have throwers in them. It sucks so bad because this is a great game when people are trying to play. I think there needs to be a "no friendly fire" game mode as well. Then the only person they could troll is themselves.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    There is no way I'm reading all that.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    There is no way I'm reading all that.
    Then don't? I'm not forcing you. Why would you even make a comment other than for attention? Move on with your life if this doesn't interest you
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,509
    Originally Posted by VirallVendetta Go to original post
    If they would put a vote to kick in ranked it would help as I am too sick of the ranked toxicity.
    Do you remember when we had kick in ranked? It was abused so badly they removed it. Can you imagine getting kicked and banned with no renown in today's climate? Yea, bad mojo mate.

    Oh, and there is no way in our lifetime that they will remove friendly fire. I tried my hardest a while ago to get some good talks on the subject only to get the big forum slam for it. Not again brother, no way.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    Do you remember when we had kick in ranked? It was abused so badly they removed it. Can you imagine getting kicked and banned with no renown in today's climate? Yea, bad mojo mate.

    Oh, and there is no way in our lifetime that they will remove friendly fire. I tried my hardest a while ago to get some good talks on the subject only to get the big forum slam for it. Not again brother, no way.
    I'm willing to fight with you for team kill damage removal/reduction/reflection.

    The toxicity of this game has reached unthought of levels, and I understand they want to keep the realism element but we now have a meta of nanobots, bullet/blast proof shield pain trains, flash grenades that can be blocked by bottles on a shelf, and all the other weeaboo fightin' magic gadgets that are going around, not to mention the pure strength these operators must posses to fire rifles on full auto let alone lmgs and not instantly come off target, I think it is safe to say that we have transcended realism a while ago and ots time to end the toxicity.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,509
    Originally Posted by monkey89brains Go to original post
    I'm willing to fight with you for team kill damage removal/reduction/reflection.
    You have to understand that all this toxic crap is basically only affecting the soloist crowd. Yea, you get some sh*t while playing doubles or trips, but at least for me it's been fairly calm for a while now..even playing solo myself. Im not so sure I want to fight that fight again because I don't think there will be any significant changes any time soon, least of all any ff dynamic changes. So it's not really worth it to me anymore.

    I think less recoil would be just about what the doctor ordered. I remember a day after Op Health where there was super low recoil and it was freaking fun. Players were dropping left and right and even the new guys could get an MVP once in a while. It was great, it was grand..now its all whacked out again. Meh. I'm starting to use the DMR now so whatever..but it would help.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    You have to understand that all this toxic crap is basically only affecting the soloist crowd. Yea, you get some sh*t while playing doubles or trips, but at least for me it's been fairly calm for a while now..even playing solo myself. Im not so sure I want to fight that fight again because I don't think there will be any significant changes any time soon, least of all any ff dynamic changes. So it's not really worth it to me anymore.

    I think less recoil would be just about what the doctor ordered. I remember a day after Op Health where there was super low recoil and it was freaking fun. Players were dropping left and right and even the new guys could get an MVP once in a while. It was great, it was grand..now its all whacked out again. Meh. I'm starting to use the DMR now so whatever..but it would help.
    I routinely play in a group of at least 3. Even one random trying to smurf or just being a jerk and team killing on one round and then getting himself killed for the rest of the game is enough to throw the game if the other team is not full of dummies.

    I'm beginning to think there is some other game that is amazing that is only playable by reaching the longest ban penelty. Why else would these people want to sit around for hohrs at a time waiting to team kill again...
    Share this post

  10. #10
    I had forgotten al about return damage. That's genius!!!! That would but all fix everything. We woudlnt need vote to kick as they would only be able to kill themselves. And it would still count as friendly fire because dps is being administered. We need this is ranked.
    Share this post