Thread: Can't access Legacy of the First Blade DLC | Forums

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    That is likely the issue. Please reach out to our technical team about the Season Pass.

So, apparently you can't own the Steam version and buy the UPlay version of the Season Pass. Which this was not written ANYWHERE. I now am on the hook to prove to greenmangaming that I can't use my already redeemed cd-key and to be able to get a refund...

Ubisoft support ended the conversation with: "I do apologize for any inconvenience with this issue. Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?"

How the hell is this acceptable? There is not a single warning or anything about this, even in the game it says the Season Pass is "Installed"!

DLC problem

i still can not access my dlc even tho im level 56 completed the main story line and i bought the season pass, im on pc can someone help me please?

I have the same issue for PC, i recently bought the season pass, (didn't need to download anything new, game was at 1.1 version) but i can't start the questline.
    Also, i know i typed in the pin correctly since the AC 3 remaster was added on my games history. Any ideas?
    I did buy the game from Steam, I really REALLY hope that's not the problem

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Marvias10 Go to original post
    I have the same issue for PC, i recently bought the season pass, (didn't need to download anything new, game was at 1.1 version) but i can't start the questline.
    Also, i know i typed in the pin correctly since the AC 3 remaster was added on my games history. Any ideas?
    I did buy the game from Steam, I really REALLY hope that's not the problem
    Hey, Marvias10!

I have just checked over your account and can see that you have the Uplay version of the Season Pass and the Steam version of the game. As such they are not compatible with each other.

You would need to have either the Season Pass on Steam or the main game on Uplay in order for it to work.

I would advise you contact your point of purchase of the Season Pass for a refund and purchase it on the Steam platform.

Thank you.

This is the transcript from my chat with support. Please excuse the salty language but how on earth is this normal????

Jared L : Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Live Support. Please give me a moment to review your case. In the meantime, feel free to add any additional information that may pertain to your issue, and I will be with you shortly.
    Me : Hello
    Me : I forgot to add another screenshot but I don't know if you need it. It's proof that the season pass is linked to my account.
    Me : Are you there?
    Jared L : hello yes thank you for your patience
    Me : Just making sure
    Jared L : you cannot mix and match content between the two platforms. Make sure if you got the game on Uplay that you get the season pass via Uplay and vice versa. The content is not cross compatible between both platforms unfortunately.
    Me : Take your time
    Jared L : We are unable to provide a refund for a purchase that is not made directly through our Ubisoft Store. If you are seeking a refund, you will need to contact the vendor where you purchased the game since you have entered in to a financial agreement with that company and are subject to their refund policies.
    Me : Uhm excuse me but how am I going to get a refund for an activation code that has been used????
    Me : Plus at no point in time was it made explicitly and easily clear that purchasing Ubisoft licenses through two different platforms would yield incompatibility issues!
    Me : This is simply not an acceptable answer (nothing against you personally btw)
    Jared L : I am sorry, but that is a question that you will have to reach out to Humble Bundle Support for. you will need to contact them for further assistance in regards to a refund.
    Me : I am dumbfounded.
    Me : This is the very ******* first time I'm presented with this kind of issue in 15 ******* years
    Jared L : I apologize for any inconveniences, but being that you purchased from a third party retailer, there is nothing I can do to assist further with this matter
    Jared L : I can understand being frustrated at the situation. However, I will not be able to assist you if you continue to use abusive language. Please understand that we are here to help you find solutions to your problems.
    Jared L : the solution in this case, would be for you to reach out to humble bundle support, because that is where you purchased your season pass.
    Me : But that's the issue! You are not finding a solution to my problem! You are very politely telling me to seek help for your company's shortcomings in organizing the way your product is distributed to its consumers through a third party that has ZERO influence in the matter!
    Me : As far as I'm aware, my ACO license and my Season pass license are both branded with Ubisoft, not Steam, not Humble Bundle!
    Me : This is absolutely insane!
    Jared L : if the game is purchased via Steam the season pass also needs to be purchased on Steam. The same if the game is purchased via Uplay, the season pass also should be purchased on Uplay.
    Me : The easy solution here is "Oh this guy can't play the content he clearly payed for and which is associated to his username. Let's just delete the current license key and add a functioning one."
    Me : This is the type of answer I'd expect.
    Jared L : I would advise choosing one platform and getting all of the content there (either all on Steam/Uplay).
    Me : Except that's not how free markets work.
    Jared L : I am sorry for any inconveniences, but this is our Policy
    Me : I cannot be expected to buy everything from a unique vendor
    Me : It's theft.
    Me : I've got every AC game since day one and another bag of ubi games on the side. This is beyond insulting.
    Jared L : I understand the disappointment this may cause, but being that you purchased the Season Pass from a third party vendor, you will need to contact them for this matter with the season pass. even though it is indeed our product, it was not purchased directly from us. there is not anything I can do unfortunately regarding it not being compatible with the game you purchased on the steam platform. I am sincerely sorry for any inconveniences but please reach out to Humble Bundle for further explanation and request of a refund
    Me : This is ******* ********. Happy new year.

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi guys. Please note we do have this FAQ stating that we recommend against buying DLC content from a different platform if you own the base game on another platform. We strongly recommend keeping the base game and DLC either all through Uplay, or all through Steam. We appreciate your feedback regarding this issue, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Page 5 of 5 ◄◄  First ... 345