Thread: AC: Odyssey main quest bug | Forums

Skeever12's Avatar Junior Member

AC: Odyssey main quest bug

So, I have cleared the whole map and sidequests, now it is time to complete the main story, but a gamebreaking bug wont let me do that. Its about quest called "Delivering a Champion" at stage where I have to talk to Alkibiades at Elis region, when I talk to him there is an conversation with him, my character and Testikles, when I use the dialogue option ending the conversation the game sort of freezes, I cant move my camera or the character, when I press the pause it looks like the dialogue is still going, all I can do is to talk with Alkibiades again, and the same cutscene and dialogue is repeating, cant do anything else, only quit to main menu, there is no way to skip this dialogue, so I cant progress with the main story and finish the game because of this bug, Im playing on the PS4 version

lauran07's Avatar Junior Member

Delivering a champion

Iíve got the same problem. After talking to alkibiades. I canít do Anything accept talking to him again. Please fix this bug asap, since itís the main story

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi guys! Are you able to reload to an earlier save and try again? Can you also try fast traveling away and walking back if possible?

I tried five different saves, and the bug appeared every time, also its unable to fast travel, because I cant acces the map, when I press touchpad it says I cannot do this now and when I press Start button it only shows Resume, Options and Return to the Main Menu, the only way to do anything is to restart the game, but its not fixing the bug

lauran07's Avatar Junior Member
    Again the same for me. Whatever i try to do, the bug wonít go away. Right after you speak to Alkibiades, you canít do anything except for going to the main menu or shutting down your PlayStation.

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Can you guys provide a video of this issue by chance? Can you confirm if you both play on PS4?

I've also moved this thread to the ACOD Technical Support forum to see if anyone else may be having the same issue.

Here is a video I just recorded via PS4 Share option showing this bug: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgVu-PbUQd8
    I can also post a link to my PSN account if needed

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thank you very much for the video! I've reported this issue to the Assassin's Creed Odyssey team. I'm sorry you are currently stuck!

UPDATE: Please send our technical team your save game files from your PS4. You can place them on a USB and reach out on our support portal.

Ok so I reached out to your support and have sent them my save game file, waiting for your response and hopefully for the bug to be fixed

delvetor's Avatar Junior Member

Fixed it

For me i had to call the ship to the dock because some characters also have to be there that are on the ship before talking to him