Thread: Classy Lonestar is a blast! | Forums

Originally Posted by Done-and-Dusted Go to original post
    Yeah I have on my Hogs, Destructive on both, with Self preserved on one and Unforgiving on the other.

On a side note my best gun on any set I have is The House I run an Alpha Bridge set that gives my house Deadly/Fierce/Predatory and Card counter, (45% CHC and 135% CHD)
    I have several of those too (The House), I think three in my inventory, each part of a different load out. I know you can bind one weapon to multiple load outs but these are my various DZ / PvP set-ups, so the talents on each are rolled so that all are active with each (except AB, which of course they are all active anyway).

Originally Posted by Sock_Monkey Go to original post
    I have several of those too (The House), I think three in my inventory, each part of a different load out. I know you can bind one weapon to multiple load outs but these are my various DZ / PvP set-ups, so the talents on each are rolled so that all are active with each (except AB, which of course they are all active anyway).
    True I like the House with AB because of the 4th perk you can have. I also run a Striker set with a Warlord/House combo (the Warlord is a hidden gem ) that many pass by.

But my Lonestar is the one set I have the most fun with (Rambo style)

PS: iv'e only ever found 1 House and I have 1200hours in the game. (40 pairs of skull gloves though

Played a little with dual Hogs, and cannot say which I like more. The Hogs have twice the ammo cap so you have more shots under the LS buff, plus the Glutton talent is sweet when you never lift your trigger finger.

On the other hand RPM is half what my Big Als can do, so there's that.

I guess I'll have to experiment more between the two weapon sets.

Lone star was my first ever classified a long time ago. Just started to reuse it as a 6k stam build. I prefer the smaller mag LMG as the bonus can cut in more frequently. Currently using the L86 really stable.

Originally Posted by Sock_Monkey Go to original post
    Played a little with dual Hogs, and cannot say which I like more. The Hogs have twice the ammo cap so you have more shots under the LS buff, plus the Glutton talent is sweet when you never lift your trigger finger.

On the other hand RPM is half what my Big Als can do, so there's that.

I guess I'll have to experiment more between the two weapon sets.
    If you have a decent MG5 i'd suggest giving that a go i useed one in pairing with an L86 quite a good combo

PS: The Hogs are quite addictive though

Originally Posted by Done-and-Dusted Go to original post
    If you have a decent MG5 i'd suggest giving that a go i useed one in pairing with an L86 quite a good combo

PS: The Hogs are quite addictive though

True, except for one major annoyance: that pull UP is stronger than just about any weapon in the game. If you open fire and empty the magazine without lifting your finger off the "trigger" you run your mouse clear off the mouse pad compensating.

Because I always invert my y-axis my mouse kept running off the top of the pad and onto my desk over and over trying to stay on-target!

I tried classy Lonestar (7k FA/6k STA) in some legendary missions and it sucked comparing to classy Striker at 4k FA/9k STA.
    Two issues:
    1. Not enough healing even with Predatory and 15% heal-on-kill. Couple of NPCs with SMGs are melting my agent to the ground in two seconds.
    2. It's really hard to control Big Al when Lonestar goes Berserker.

XahRith16's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by toxicFrag Go to original post
    2. It's really hard to control Big Al when Lonestar goes Berserker.
    Try using ' Steady Hands ' talent will help controlling weapons

I tried out a 5-piece set recently with the Hungry Hog and it was a pretty good combo. It gets a little stressful trying to kill everything without releasing the trigger or the mag running out. I found it really effective for running Hudson though. As effective as my D3-FNC set, and faster, just more work to run properly. If I can find a better LMG to try with it I will give that a shot. Also need to try some runs with my tweaked out 870 shotgun. That thing is fun before I even swap to Lone Star.

For true Lone Star fans, build it focused on Shotgun damage, and run dual Showstoppers. Just try wipe the grin off....

Please note, its not able to be used really in legendaries or Heroics incursions without being super careful, due to the issues of proximity of the NPC's and heals, but for pure fun, run any challenge mission set up like this just to throw a little ray of sunshine into your day.

Also for all M249/M60 family LMG users, stuff the expanded mag, use the one that gives 7.5% CHC, you still get up to about 112 rounds and just hot swap as soon as you see berserk not popping. This gives you a nice big crit boost.