Thread: Classy Lonestar is a blast! | Forums

Classy Lonestar is a blast!

It was at the bottom of my list, and as a result the second-from-last set I put together (still missing one piece from Sentry to have every Classified set). I admit my expectations were low but LS has two +ammo buffs built-in, plus two of my pieces also had a +5x% ammo capacity too, so the end result is my optimized LS set carries almost 3,500 LMG ammo. Arm it with two Big Als and any mission I am spraying bullets everywhere non-stop, with NPCs falling like blades of grass when you run your lawnmower over.

Doubt this set would be powerful enough to even try PvP, but it's da bomb for PvE.

What are the healing talents on gears and weapons?

Originally Posted by toxicFrag Go to original post
    What are the healing talents on gears and weapons?
    None on the gear, but my Big Als both have Self-preserved. Yes, LMGs have very low CHC, and the 3% (of healing) is not much, but you are literally a firehose of non-stop bullets, so it adds up.

It's the only set I use, iv'e loved from the day it came out I had one pairing of an MG5 and Big AL.

Now I run a Dual Hungry hog they hit like trains at 28.7K damage (at anywhere between 35K to 70K per body shot and 72K to 107K per headshot (one has 13% CHC and 101% CHD other has 10% CHC and 72% CHD) Destructive on both.

3300 ammo capacity and 220 round mags once I pull the trigger, it just doesn't stop

Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Representative
    I've only ever seen squadmates using it but it sure is scary. Lonestar with a Sentry to back them up is a ruthless duo. How does Classy Lonestar compare to your time with your other favorite sets?

Originally Posted by Ubi-RealDude Go to original post
    I've only ever seen squadmates using it but it sure is scary. Lonestar with a Sentry to back them up is a ruthless duo. How does Classy Lonestar compare to your time with your other favorite sets?
    Hard to say - it's just different. For PvE where I am trying to be speedy I still think either my Classy Tac or AB sets might be better. I cannot say for certain LS is any faster but spraying bullets everywhere non-stop is a blast. I guess it's more like a twin to Classy Firecrest; not necessarily faster or better but just a lot of fun. Both would probably also be helpless in PvP.

XahRith16's Avatar Member
    I remember when LS first came out, I got a 6pc fairly quick and when using it in missions, other group members accused me of Rpm Hacking 🙁
    So I was constantly explaining the Gear set bonuses associated with Lonestar.
    I stopped using it, but have recently revived it now everyone is aware of the set 🤠

My favourite part especially with the Hog is you can have sustained crowd control.

I have several Hogs in my stash that I will review based on talents and perhaps try them out. I think all I'd have to do is optimize them (after maybe rolling a talent or two) and they'd be good to go. What do you have on yours?

One other interesting thing about my set is that the FA/STAM/ELEC stats fall almost right into an ideal range where nearly every talent on every gun I have seems to be active. it's the only set outside of my AB (for obvious reasons) that does this!

Originally Posted by Sock_Monkey Go to original post
    I have several Hogs in my stash that I will review based on talents and perhaps try them out. I think all I'd have to do is optimize them (after maybe rolling a talent or two) and they'd be good to go. What do you have on yours?

One other interesting thing about my set is that the FA/STAM/ELEC stats fall almost right into an ideal range where nearly every talent on every gun I have seems to be active. it's the only set outside of my AB (for obvious reasons) that does this!
    Yeah I have on my Hogs, Destructive on both, with Self preserved on one and Unforgiving on the other.

On a side note my best gun on any set I have is The House I run an Alpha Bridge set that gives my house Deadly/Fierce/Predatory and Card counter, (45% CHC and 135% CHD)