Thread: [PC]No audio on instructor videos for lessons | Forums

No audio on instructor videos for lessons

I am experiencing an issue where there is no audio playback for the instructor guitar during the video playback when doing the lessons.

All of my audio and video drivers are up to date.

I best guess is it's an issue with missing audio codecs for whatever video files you use for these tutorial lessons.

I include a video that clearly shows what the problem is here: https://youtu.be/wDiNzNZ5cUg

In this video I have uploaded you can easily see that the only problem is with the audio for the instructor videos. I have no other audio related issues within the game, which leads me to conclude it is most likely a codec problem.

Annnd just in-case for some stupid reason you want this info, my system specs are as follows:
    Windows 10
    Intel i5 2500K Sandybridge
    ASUS GTX 980ti
    8GB RAM

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Psynature! Have you tried verifying your game files (depending on whether you purchased RS through Steam or Uplay) and doing a clean install of the game by chance? It is very strange that you are only having this issue with instructor videos.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Please also check and make sure your audio is set to stereo rather than surround sound.

I tried:
    • Verifying game files.
    • Reinstalling.
    • Running as administrator in compatability mode for Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
    • Adjusting my Rocksmith.ini files as instructed here.
    • Going through and adjusting all my sound settings as instructed here.
    • Using different speakers and headphones.
    • Searching for other people that had a similar problem to find a solution.

Nothing has worked.

I can't find any relevant information about my issue anywhere, the closest is https://youtu.be/g3nLd-rCLvI and it didn't help in the slightest.

There is also this post which relates to the issue in the other video I found. It seems most people there are running the game on low end laptops and the like and they do actually have audio on these videos but it's crackled. While I have no audio whatsoever.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Are you using any other programs at the same time? Please disable background applications regardless, as there could be software conflict.