Thread: Fix the Drone situation! | Forums

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    The problem is that's there not any real Intel ops on attack. On defence you have pulse,valk,meastro, echo, depending on placement Mira, and occasionally cav. Not to mention you can use ela, lesion, and kapkan as early warning detection systems. So that's nine ops that can fill in that role to some capacity not to mention pre placed cams. On attack you have lion which won't help with anchors, dokka which gives an audio cue not a precise location unless she hacks and jackal who is easily baited. So there's a very large discrepancy that's abated by the drones. So before removing five drones I'd say they need to add more Intel ops on attack that actually fit that category.
    Man, I was gonna wait a day to respond but I forgot, sorry bout that.

I see your point, but I don't think it would be a serious damper on things if we just went back to the basic drone system. Lets be serious, the attacking team uses their drones to scope out iffy spots. Super, great. But It wouldn't be difficult to drone a room and pick it up afterwards. If it gets shot in that room then you know someones in there. After that you should rely on your wits and skills, not another drone. We simply don't need drones used as a crutch to get specific tactical knowledge on a whim. Again, I think these extra drones should be chosen in the loadout section.

But I'm willing to bend a little..how about we at least remove the 10 drone rule in the 'discovery' matches. That sounds like a great starting point.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    Man, I was gonna wait a day to respond but I forgot, sorry bout that.

I see your point, but I don't think it would be a serious damper on things if we just went back to the basic drone system. Lets be serious, the attacking team uses their drones to scope out iffy spots. Super, great. But It wouldn't be difficult to drone a room and pick it up afterwards. If it gets shot in that room then you know someones in there. After that you should rely on your wits and skills, not another drone. We simply don't need drones used as a crutch to get specific tactical knowledge on a whim. Again, I think these extra drones should be chosen in the loadout section.

But I'm willing to bend a little..how about we at least remove the 10 drone rule in the 'discovery' matches. That sounds like a great starting point.
    I'd be inclined to agree with you if it was a cod or bf title where ttk is noticeably lower and had health regen. Not to mention as an attacker I'm forced to push with no real other options. Hell my team only really uses them when we know somebody is in the room so we don't die peaking a doorway because the defender has a clear cut advantage in that situation otherwise we just rely on our headsets.

I think one simple fix would be to buff Mute so that he could stick his jammers onto walls, similar to how Jager can put his magpies wherever he wants.
     1 people found this helpful

Making sure I understand your post

You want to limit attacker drones, correct?
    As in, start with 1, and must CHOOSE (sacrificing something else) to have a second

I could live with that, but it would hurt attackers noticeably

A good attacking team depends on drones to at least have SOME idea of what they are going into
    If someone is pixel peaking/holding a tight angle, its literally impossible for attackers to have a chance without knowing at least SOMETHING ahead of time

I think a fair buff to attackers then would be to #bufftheflashbang (see, I tied it in lol)

But overall, im on the fence on this one

I'd be inclined to agree with you if it was a cod or bf title where ttk is noticeably lower and had health regen. Not to mention as an attacker I'm forced to push with no real other options. Hell my team only really uses them when we know somebody is in the room so we don't die peaking a doorway because the defender has a clear cut advantage in that situation otherwise we just rely on our headsets.
    If you know someone is in a room then why not team a smoke and flashbang to go wipe them out?

Honestly, I do use drones once in a while, but only if it's a real tight game and I really really want to win. But after over 1000 hours I can legitimately say that 90% of the time I forget I even have a drone. 90% of the time it's not required. But, again, those soloist that don't have any social backbone need their soloist crutches .

Originally Posted by croken717 Go to original post
    I think one simple fix would be to buff Mute so that he could stick his jammers onto walls, similar to how Jager can put his magpies wherever he wants.
    That would work. But having Magpies zap those little pests would be much more satisfying.

Originally Posted by Mad_Dog8762 Go to original post
    Making sure I understand your post

You want to limit attacker drones, correct?
    As in, start with 1, and must CHOOSE (sacrificing something else) to have a second

I could live with that, but it would hurt attackers noticeably

A good attacking team depends on drones to at least have SOME idea of what they are going into
    If someone is pixel peaking/holding a tight angle, its literally impossible for attackers to have a chance without knowing at least SOMETHING ahead of time

I think a fair buff to attackers then would be to #bufftheflashbang (see, I tied it in lol)

But overall, im on the fence on this one
    See..at least you get my drift. I mean, if you had smokes and working flashbangs then you guys could just pony up a few tosses and walk right in with your K-bars in their spleen. It would be much more effective (and way more fun) than using a stupid mechanical cockroach with a cam.

What I'm asking is, that the brains of this multilingual, multibillion-trillion dollar company with the gaming industries best minds of Ubi, to think of a way to eliminate the need, the want, and the lust for these things. Be it fixing flashbangs or another few seasons gadget packed operators. If not, then with my bubble busted I'll suck it up like a buttercup and get off it. Until then #fixthedrones.

Yeah remove the drones and while you're at it, remove destructible walls too and rename it Call of Duty!

Seriously, Siege is already far too close to all of the other run&gunners out there, don't take away the things we love and which make this game unique.

If you know someone is in a room then why not team a smoke and flashbang to go wipe them out?

Honestly, I do use drones once in a while, but only if it's a real tight game and I really really want to win. But after over 1000 hours I can legitimately say that 90% of the time I forget I even have a drone. 90% of the time it's not required. But, again, those soloist that don't have any social backbone need their soloist crutches .

That would work. But having Magpies zap those little pests would be much more satisfying.

See..at least you get my drift. I mean, if you had smokes and working flashbangs then you guys could just pony up a few tosses and walk right in with your K-bars in their spleen. It would be much more effective (and way more fun) than using a stupid mechanical cockroach with a cam.

What I'm asking is, that the brains of this multilingual, multibillion-trillion dollar company with the gaming industries best minds of Ubi, to think of a way to eliminate the need, the want, and the lust for these things. Be it fixing flashbangs or another few seasons gadget packed operators. If not, then with my bubble busted I'll suck it up like a buttercup and get off it. Until then #fixthedrones.
    Because we rarely use flashs because we need a claymore and smokes more. Why don't we meet in the middle remove spotting from drones. It would promote more team play and coordination while lowering the amount of drone spam.

I could live with one less drone if it meant defenders took damage while trying to spawn peek or were identified immediately when coming outside.

Originally Posted by Lord_Cherubi Go to original post
    Yeah remove the drones and while you're at it, remove destructible walls too and rename it Call of Duty!

Seriously, Siege is already far too close to all of the other run&gunners out there, don't take away the things we love and which make this game unique.
    Dude, take a chill pill. There was nothing wrong with the old drone system. It didn't promote or help any COD behavior before or after the change. It doesn't make Siege a unique game either. From what I can tell there was never a call for a drone change nor was it needed. The only thing that 'changed' was Vigil and some lazy guys getting peened in the head COD running their way to the building (aka spawn peeking babies). So relax, nothing a drone change can do to disenchant your gaming experience.

Because we rarely use flashs because we need a claymore and smokes more. Why don't we meet in the middle remove spotting from drones. It would promote more team play and coordination while lowering the amount of drone spam.
    Oh yea, the smoke plant meta. Whoops my bad . And I thought I already said I'd settle for a nix on dead peeps spotting. We still need spotting, just not having a cam in Every Room in House to spot with. 10 drones, 10 rooms. That's a lot of intel, you have to admit.

Originally Posted by VirallVendetta Go to original post
    I could live with one less drone if it meant defenders took damage while trying to spawn peek or were identified immediately when coming outside.
    That's not gonna happen so I cant bank on any agreement to stop my butthurt crybaby attitude. I would however agree to no less than giving me an option to disable the 'you're being droned out by some try hard nose picking zit-faced adolescent wanna be diamond'. That alone would settle the issue. What I don't know can't hurt me kinda deal.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    What I don't know can't hurt me kinda deal.
    In a world of explosives from below and wallbangs, I must disagree. Not knowing when your exact location is being pinged for all enemies is a horrifying thought in my mind.

To the main point of the thread though:

I remember the days of the single drones. Often times, Attackers would end up with no drones simply because everyone would drive them straight to the objective to be unceremoniously crushed immediately. I was so happy when I heard we were adding a 2nd regular drone, it meant there was actually a chance they'd get real use during the action phase.

Sometimes, I do agree that the attackers have too many moveable cameras - but that relies heavily on how well those attackers actually utilize the drones. I don't really find it difficult to catch the first set of drones, especially because I usually focus on preventing them from entering the OB during prep phase. The second set of drones can be a nusance, but I feel it's an important mechanic for the Attackers to stand a chance in most cases.

I can't say I completely disagree with your thoughts on removing the ability for dead operators to actually re-orient the drones - I think that could be a good potential "nerf", and it would bring regular drones in line with gadgets like the EvilEye.
     2 people found this helpful