Thread: Developer Update: Mr. Slave is coming! | Forums

ItsJustBuck's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: Mr. Slave is coming!

Hey everyone! It’s Buck from RedLynx and it’s time for this week’s developer update! Let’s get started!

THIS WEEK

EVENTS

Welcome to another great week of South Park: Phone Destroyer! We’ve recently finished up our latest 24 Hour event, which was Sci-Fi themed and now we’ve got an exciting Challenge on deck! This weeks’ challenge is very special, as it’s the first time ever we’ve featured a BRAND NEW CARD in a “Designer Deck” challenge. Mr. Slave Executioner is finally here and he’s just SUPER! He’s a 5 cost Epic Tank with two abilities. Firstly, he’s got an ‘Enrage’ ability, which heals him each time his HP drops below half (and can be triggered multiple times). Secondly, he’s got a ‘Deathwish’, where he spawns 2 C O CKs (from an unknown location). You can see his base stats below, the base heal is 50HP. At max level 4 he has 1584 HP, 54 ATK and heals 156 HP on enrage.

This challenge will give everyone the chance to play with a brand new card, before you’ve got your own copies. You will have a chance to earn Mr. Slave from the challenge, of course. This challenge will also be extended in time and run from Wednesday to Monday.

Good luck out there!

This weekend’s event will start at the normal event time is Friday(~1 PM UTC) to Monday(~1 PM UTC) and will feature the brand new card, Mr. Slave Executioner.

Note: This will be a token collection event, meaning you can earn event points by collecting items from PvP packs and lockers. Complete the solo portion of the event for a guaranteed copy of the new Mr. Slave card!

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 10
    2 50
    3 90
    4 170
    5 260
    6 410
    7 600
    8 925

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 330
    2 950
    3 4125
    4 9000
    5 15000
    6 22500

DEVELOPER STREAM

Our Live Streams continue to entertain! Tune in this Thursday at 10:00 AM PST/1:00 PM EST to hang out with BlueBadger400 and Me as we chat with you and play this weeks’ challenge with Mr. Slave ! Ubi-Toller will be there too, hanging out in chats and giving away all kinds of great prizes! We can’t wait to see you all there!

NOVEMBER 26TH UPDATE

On Monday, November 26th, we’ll begin rolling out our newest update. This features a few bug fixes, technical improvements and a new holiday icon.

• Fixed an issue where if Imp Tweek teleports a mind controlled unit, that unit would remain mind controlled forever
    • Fixed an issue where if Imp Tweek teleports a frozen unit, that unit would remain frozen forever
    • Fixed an issue where Youth Pastor Craig could remove a spell from your hand, if that spell was played at a certain time

FUTURE BALANCING

We are also working on the next round of balance changes, which will come at the beginning of our next season on December 4th. While we’re still working on and testing the exact details, I can confirm we will be making changes to Imp Tweek, Pope Timmy and Grand Wizard Cartman. Stay Tuned for the detailed list in next week’s Developer Update.

CONTENT CREATORS

Last, but certainly not least, we’re re-opening our applications for content creators!
    Do you create South Park: Phone Destroyer content and want to join our content creator program? If so, please fill out the form here and we’ll go through them and reach out to selected users in the next couple of weeks!

That’s all the news we have for now. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us. We love hearing from our players!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team

For a free to play player who doesnt want to spend cash on the game or constantly reset challenges, what is the point of having a longer challenge?
    Oh right
    You dont care about the f2p players

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager
    Of course we care about our F2P players. We care about all our players. Extending the challenge means people who may not have normally been able to play during the regular challenge times will now have a chance to try out the new card at a time that works better for them.

Oh right ok
    Is anything happening this weekend for black friday

Why??????

Ubisoft/Redlynx you are destroying this beautiful game. A locker event on a holiday weekend? I will be busy all weekend and was hoping for card usage event since I'll only have one day to play this weekend and I think I speak for everyone on that. Then the challenge mode, we asked every time a designer deck challenge has been active WHY don't both players use the same deck!! It's absurd I have not quit this game this whole past year. I demand Matt and Trey give us explanations cause Toller, Buck, and Steve just aren't cutting it anymore for us. So tired of these half answered questions and replies. MOST the time I get a "idk" like bring the awesom creators to answer us I'm tired of Ubisoft redlynx running this game to the ground.

Again a Token Event ?! Why so often ?! 🤔 maybe one tokenevent than one cardevent ?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Yawzv Go to original post
    Ubisoft/Redlynx you are destroying this beautiful game. A locker event on a holiday weekend?
    Phone Destroyer is a world-wide game. It won't be a holiday weekend for everyone. We here in Canada already had our turkey last month. Though I'm tempted to make another...

Originally Posted by TIMMAH1997 Go to original post
    Oh right ok
    Is anything happening this weekend for black friday
    Not that I'm aware of.

just a note:

please, make sure you never mention bugs and the relative timeline to fix them, like any half decent developer can do...

now units freeze on the field and just stay there immovable...
    and don't you dare to ask for a video proof, you have plenty of stuff to look for all around the internet.

on a separate note, I noticed that I am still banned from twitch streams after I tried to enter a raffle with the name "******ed&Lazylynx" few months ago. Is that going to be permanent? Can you really afford to lose viewers on a channel that struggles to reach 50 views? if the answer is yes, I admire in advance your guts for not giving a **** about players enjoyment and only care to keep milking whales... go for it until it last, won't be forever.

Ciao

We discuss bugs and their progress all the time. We mention three of them in this very post.

We don't discuss player bans in public, so I'll reach out to you via PM to get further into that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►