haep's Avatar The Settlers Moderator

History Collection Starter Guide - LANGUAGE, SAVEGAMES, etc.

Here are some useful tips for your first steps into the History Editions:

General information:

All History Editions are multilingual!
    Savegame transfer works in my experience only in The Settlers 6 and The Settlers 7.

Port release:
    To play the Multiplayer, the following Ports should be released:

TCP: 80, 443
    UDP: 1005, 1100, 3074, 6200, 6300

For connection problems, please also visit the help page of the Ubisoft Support:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/0...llection-TSHC/

The Settlers 1:
    Change language:
    Click in Uplay on "Play" and then on "Config". Here you can change the language.
    Languages: English, German, French

Configure controls:
    In abovementioned config menu you can config the controls for the second player too.

Savegame transfer:
    Not tested

The Settlers 2:
    Change language:
    Click in Uplay on "Play" and then on "TSHE - Configuration". Here you can change the language.

Configure controls:
    In abovementioned config menu you can change controls too.
    When you choose the "classic controls", the mouse cursor jumps automatically to the flag button on building streets. Veteran players are much faster with this option.
    You can choose here the classic mouse cursor too and change the controls for the second player.

Savegame transfer:
    Not tested

The Settlers 3:
    Change language:
    Click in Uplay on "Play" and then on "TSHE - Configuration". Here you can change the language.

Savegame transfer:
    In my experience, the takeover of Savegames at The Settlers 3 does NOT work.
    In my tests, the game crashed while loading old savegames.
    Of course you can always try it yourself, the folder is:
    C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\TheSettlers3\Save

Resolution:
    If you press the F2 or F3 keys, The Settlers 3 automatically switches to window mode with different resolution.
    To switch back to full screen mode, press ALT + Enter

The F12 key was used to skip a certain amount of time in the past. This function has now moved to the F9 key. On F12, on the other hand, you can take screenshots with Uplay.

The Settlers 4:
    Change language:

Savegame transfer:
    Again, the savegame transfer is unfortunately not possible. The old savegames have a different file format (exe vs. sav) and are unrecognized by the game. If you want to test it yourself:
    C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\TheSettlers4\Save

Resolution:
    By pressing the keys F2, F3 or F4, The Settlers 4 automatically switches to the window mode with different resolution.
    To switch back to full screen mode, press ALT + Enter.

The F12 key was used to skip a certain amount of time in the past. This function has now moved to the F9 key. On F12, on the other hand, you can take screenshots with Uplay.

The Settlers 5:
    Change language:
    In Uplay click on Properties -> General -> Select language
    Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Russian

Savegame transfer:
    In my experience, the transfer of savegames does not work even with The Settlers 5.
    In my tests, the game either did not start after I took over the savegames or they were not displayed.
    You can of course try it yourself at any time, the new folder is:
    C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\THE SETTLERS 5 - History Edition\SaveGames

The Settlers 6:
    Change language:
    Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Polish

Savegame transfer:
    No changes necessary, savegames are still in the folder:
    C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\SaveGames

The Settlers 7:
    Change language:
    Languages: English, German, French, Polish, Russian

Savegame transfer:
    Old folder: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Settlers7\Savegames
    New folder: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\THE SETTLERS 7 - History Edition\Savegames
    Simply move the savegame files!
     2 people found this helpful

Thanks for the info. I spent most of last night making boring screenshots, trying to skip a minute of gameplay.

@haep, do you happen to know if there's still a mission editor available? I tried loading an old EDM file as a MAP file for Settlers 3 history edition, but didn't get it to work, sadly.

I tried taking my save folder from settlers 2 (gog version) and copying it to the history edition and it didnt work I'm sad to say.

I do not understand why italian language is not available.......

Italian language is available for sure in Settlers 3,4 and 5. I didn't check if you can play in your language in settlers 6 and 7.
    But if you want your native language you have to edit files.

Settlers 3 - go to Documents and Settings\Your Profile\Documents\The Settlers 3 and edit config.json file in notepad. Set language to 2.
    Settlers 4 - https://www.gog.com/forum/the_settle...rs_iv_language
    Settlers 5 - https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...9#post13869389 - i think that you don't even have to copy sounds and voices from en directory and instead of pl-PL change registry key to it-IT

--------------------------------
    In the other hand i still don't understand why i can't play in polish in Settlers 3. There are all polish files and texts but you can't set language more than 3(french language) and polish is next after French.

Missing one thing... what are "Legacy controls" in S IV and what do they change?
     1 people found this helpful

Porque no se incluyo el español si los juegos originales estaban en ese idioma?? se pueden traducir? el 2, 3 y 4 ? el 7 estaba en español subtitulado y lo han quitado porque?

Savegame transfer Settlers 1

Anybody witjh success in transferring savegames for settlers1? As it seems, the subfolder "save" is not used...