Thread: Developer Update: Nobody Got Cereal? | Forums

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: Nobody Got Cereal?

Hey everyone! It’s Toller and it’s time for this week’s developer update! Let’s get started!

THIS WEEK

24 HOUR EVENTS AND CHALLENGE MODE

This has been a great week! We started our anniversary celebration with a 24 hour Incan Craig event on Monday and we’ve now finished up Bounty Hunter Kyle’s 24 hour event! As you’ve now seen, another 24 hour event has started featuring Imp Tweek and Youth Pastor Craig, and also the next challenge, the “Big Boy” Challenge, has started. This will run simultaneously with today’s event. During this challenge TANKS will have 2x health and deal extra damage. Who will be your go-to tank for this challenge? I’ve heard rumors of a ManBearPig on the loose, can anyone confirm this?

Good luck out there!

Tomorrow will begin another 24 hour event, and our final anniversary gift before we kick off this weekend!

NOBODY GOT CEREAL?

This weekend we’ll be having an event featuring content from the newest South Park episode. No spoilers here, so you’ll have to wait for the event to start! You can see the press release for the next episode here

ManBearPig continues to terrorize South Park in an all-new episode titled, “Nobody Got Cereal?”, airing on Wednesday, November 14 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

This weekend’s event will start once everything is ready, but please be aware that due to the nature of episode to game content, there are possibilities of delays. The normal event time is Friday(~1 PM UTC) to Monday(~1 PM UTC)

Note: This will be a token collection event, meaning you can earn event points by collecting items from PvP packs and lockers. Complete both the solo and team portions of the event for a chance to earn the new Satan card as well!

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 10
    2 50
    3 90
    4 170
    5 260
    6 410
    7 600
    8 925

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 330
    2 950
    3 4125
    4 9000
    5 15000
    6 22500

DEVELOPER STREAM

There will be no live-stream this week. Be sure to follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts for more information about the next stream!

DESIGNER DECK CHALLENGE
    Next week, we’ll be trying something new and exciting with Challenges! For the first time, all players will be able to use a Designer Deck featuring a never-before-seen unreleased card! Everyone will be able to give it a whirl before it’s released in next weekend’s event, and test it out for themselves. This brand new card will be added to the Fantasy theme, and will be certifiably Epic (both in rarity and how awesome it is). So be sure to be on the lookout for this new Designer Deck Challenge next week! Don’t just pull something out of your butt! We know you can execute the perfect strategy.

That’s all the news we have for now. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us. We love hearing from our players!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
    Buck🦌, Steve🚀 and Toller🐶

Hey Toller thanks for the update; Last week I missed most of the stream, you guys should have offline raffles when there are no streams .
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager
    Ooo, I like the sounds of that! You know I'm all about that raffle love! I'll chat with Buck and Steve about it and see if we can't come up with something that would work.
     1 people found this helpful

No live stream on the week of your 1 year anniversary? Wow. What an embarrassment. This entire anniversary week is a complete disappointment. The events are boring and the rewards are lackluster, nothing different from the typical weekly events. The offers are terrible and, again, they are nothing different from the typical offers. The PVP ticket offers are terrible value, every PVP ticket pack I purchased gave me less value than just spending the PVP tickets in Butters' shop. And, to top it off, you didn't even offer a special discounted deal on in-game cash like every other mobile game does for their anniversary.

The incompetence is real guys.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by AbiogenesisYT Go to original post
    This entire anniversary week is a complete disappointment.
    This really is spot on. Rather than be rejuvenated and excited for what's to come, I'm worn out by having to do more of what I've done week in week out. The really disappointing part about this, is that you could have avoided it and done something great, simply by looking at what other games had successful 1 year anniversary celebrations. It isnt revolutionary rocket science; the roadmap was there. Unfortunately that, coupled with the minimal responses here (your official forum where you continuously direct players) is extremely ominous for the future of this game.

Originally Posted by Armageddon08 Go to original post
    This really is spot on. Rather than be rejuvenated and excited for what's to come, I'm worn out by having to do more of what I've done week in week out. The really disappointing part about this, is that you could have avoided it and done something great, simply by looking at what other games had successful 1 year anniversary celebrations. It isnt revolutionary rocket science; the roadmap was there. Unfortunately that, coupled with the minimal responses here (your official forum where you continuously direct players) is extremely ominous for the future of this game.
    By the looks of it, it seems that any new implementation can potentially wreck the game, so its stability is very fragile. I insisted in the past that the team should grow in number to attend the demand of attention it seems to require, and I guess the closest thing to that is to have recruited beta testers to fasten the progress (smart move but greedy hehe). I do hope that they take seriously the feedback about new ways of acquiring progress in the current event modes (points per bar, points for draw situations, etc) or an altogether new event mode that doesn't frustrate its player base as much.

During locker events please reward wins with points. 15 or 20 points. It's frustrating to win a match only to leave with zero points. F2P I only open three lockers. A win actually becomes a loss. Please fix this issue. And/or fill eight lockers with points.

I agree with the other posts. A bit of a grind for lackluster results. I do like the idea of one day events. Instead of 225 pts to finish the locker events it could've been win five to ten games. Done. It's supposed to be a happy week. Not a grind/disappointment week.

I don’t see us getting new epic fantasy card, I got ripped off with satan pack no guranteed satan card, the anniversary event I got cheated, now a new epic card to test I say no because you cannot keep your word. I am though going to get support for your broke game

DvL05's Avatar Junior Member
    The events suck. Every single challenge, people put a couple cards together for the event and then hallelujah. This hallelujah stuff has got to be fixed. Its wrecking the game. Oh...and reverse the dougie buff....what the f@ck we you guys thinking with that???? Now an assassin can't kill him but he can take a full bar in one shot?????

You got to stop with the collecting tokens in locker events. They suck. Plain and simple. I dont think anyone likes them especially the way they are set up with getting ZERO tokens on most of your wins unless you spend cash. Even spending cash which I occasionally do does not guarantee you will get tokens. It is demoralizing and makes me not even want to play the event because I know the last day I will need to be down to needing only 300 tokens or less or I will hit my locker limit and not be able to finish the event. Remove the locker limit for these events or change the way they work which is preferred or the best solution get rid of these type of events. Card usage events are much better and there has 1 recently out of the last couple months as far as I can remember and the cards picked to use were very small which is a problem as well with those events