Thread: [RELEASE] New Assets: Add more Zombie DLC assets to your maps! | Forums

I spoke to soon- I'm sure there is a good reason these didn't make the cut, perhaps there is a finance issue that limits them to giving us a certain amount of assets. Either way I'm so thankful for this, the ability to script actual player barriers that can then be scripted to spawn in or despawn can be a real game changer in the hands of those who know how to use it.

Any chance of an object in which AI can pass through but player can not?

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by C0MMANDERC0LS0N Go to original post
    Any chance of an object in which AI can pass through but player can not?
    Objects like the "Gate Hospital Fence Small" would work: if you tilt them very slightly and put them on the ground, it'll form a one-way barrier for the player. AI however can traverse it without issues.

Alternatively, I think there was a time where AI could climb up on a ledge sunk under the terrain, and players wouldn't be able to climb down from that ledge. Not sure how reliable that is, could have been a bug that's patched now.

PS4 here.
    - The Garage Door Openable doesn't come with a prompt to make it open, but it is targetable by a script.
    - None of the scripts have properties in Deathmatch so you'll need to see what they do and work from there. I think the scripts next to the helicopters are to make them respawn a number of times in multiplayer. Setting the map to single player removes the scripts if they had custom properties.
    - Most of the objects are spawnable in Single Player so you could make them 'move' using stop motion.
    - The decal of trees is also spawnable..
    - Next to the ladder is a 3x4x5 spawnable Invisible Barrier, however it lacks any visuals so you'll need 'Bounding Box' turned On in the editor settings to see it.
    - A Soundpoint by the dead tree is called Piano. Put that by the piano with a chair and a zombie sitting there to play it .
    - The red rail cars are destructible, and the giant structure with a '+' is hollow.
    Alternatively, I think there was a time where AI could climb up on a ledge sunk under the terrain, and players wouldn't be able to climb down from that ledge. Not sure how reliable that is, could have been a bug that's patched now.
    This was a thing in FC4- The player can't pass through the ground from the top, but enemies and the player could climb up from underneath. You could do player zombies or 'random encounters' this way .
    - This works in the editor.
    - This works in Arcade.
     1 people found this helpful

apapoutsas's Avatar Member
    Daim, so many needed assets in there. Always wanted to make my own human, with those limbs my dream would come true! I think I get why they didnt release most of these, but the spawnable wall should have made the cut. Or that sweet decal with the gravel. That "no authorised personnel" sign. So much goodness. Found out about this after I built the map I needed the assets for. any way to inject them into an existing map?

The Spawnable wall.

Could it be used to create a "team" barrier in mp? For eg., to prevent spawn killing players from opposing team, by keeping them away from spawn area.

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by apapoutsas Go to original post
    Found out about this after I built the map I needed the assets for. any way to inject them into an existing map?
    Yes, you can wait 'til I release my editormod, or send me the mapfile on Facebook.

Originally Posted by ultranew_b Go to original post
    The Spawnable wall.

Could it be used to create a "team" barrier in mp? For eg., to prevent spawn killing players from opposing team, by keeping them away from spawn area.
    I don't see how that would work. Yes, you can spawn the wall, but we don't have any way to differentiate player teams.

Furthermore, script triggers only trigger once, so if you want to create a 'doorway' that opens from 1 direction and closes afterwards, you'd need a trigger for each time that door needs to open. So it looks like that isn't really doable. Although I never tried linking a script to an "on-death" of a respawning asset, I'm just assuming that wouldn't trigger the script multiple times.