Thread: Anti-christian theme | Forums

GORESH's Avatar Member
    I am more offended that there are no horses in the game.

Saying the game is anti-Christian is as good as saying games that involve fighting terrorists in the Middle East/Afghanistan are anti-Islam.

So the game is basically just 'pro-killing' and 'pro-violence' :P

We gotta question whether the antagonist really should be killed together with their supporters? Vaas probably should have been killed in my opinion, the guy was a nutter. Pagan? Not too sure he warranted the death penalty. The cult? Maybe, or were they just brainwashed by weird plants?

I just hope we get some real antagonists in the future that everyone is united against.

One has to consider in America in order for a cult to take successful root they are probably going to have to go with some sort of pseudo-Christian theme, since people there for the most part are at least culturally Christian and such a theme will likely resonate with them.

Pastor Dame (of my previous post) mentioned a system of four filters used for theological reflection:
    --scripture, Does it line up with the whole counsel of scripture?
    --experience, What has experience taught me about this?
    --reason, What is reasonable, based on the information available to me and my research?
    --tradition. What have we understood about this traditionally?

If we look at Joseph Seed then certainly what he is doing does not agree with the narrative of scripture and on it goes down the list.

Of all the villains, ultimately Joseph Seed is the most interesting to me because he does bring it up to the level of some form of "divine empowerment" and has reached a level of suspending incredulity by his aggressive brainwashing and reality shifting drugs. He brings into the conversation of what is real religion. There is a practical side because in a few days he has seized property all over Hope County and almost under the radar, prior has had the organizational and logistic skills to acquire the abandoned missile silos for the group. He does not seem to be sidetracked in collecting wives or sex but is conscious of the big picture. There is a lot of groundwork done by Ubisoft like with the pre-release novel and original music for Joseph's group that makes his cult believable.
     1 people found this helpful

As soon as someone insults a Christian, they get all angry and defensive. It's just a game and no, for your information, the cult is not actually ‘Christian’, they are just crazy people who twist the defining characteristics of Christianity in order to successfully manipulate new recruits and maintain order. Stop being so toxically attached to your religion.

Originally Posted by steamchip Go to original post
    He does not seem to be sidetracked in collecting wives or sex but is conscious of the big picture. There is a lot of groundwork done by Ubisoft like with the pre-release novel and original music for Joseph's group that makes his cult believable.
    It would be more credible if he had had a first hand experience with God. Religion is one thing. Having a direct relationship with The Almighty puts every religion into shadow.

The problem then is that his role would still need to play out to be right, since God is perfect.

In which case it would be more plausible that Lucy deceived him in some back-story instead of him being inspired or simply mis-interpreting true scripture..

Either way, the Far Cry story of a cult has really been dumbed down apart from the violence. You watch any movie about deranged people, if you watch Silence of the Lambs, Seven, anything that draws on lunatic control freaks, which obviously Joseph Seed was - there is a much darker character to the movie media.. As a game - it fits perfectly into what the masses view as games and that, my friend, is a game industry tragedy. For that reason, I don't follow the narrative of games because its like a dumbed down piss-take of real life instead of portraying anything meaningful in an artistically meaningful way. Yea the graphics look real, everything else is just parody.

Or how you say it.

Fun.