Thread: Anti-christian theme | Forums

Anti-christian theme

In Far Cry 3 it was showing a very positive picture of a pagan religion in Asian-Pacific island, then in Far Cry 4 it show very positive picture of hinduism/buddhism in Nepal, but now that the Far Cry 5 is set to America (known for Christianity), it shows a awfully mockery of Christianity as a cult. In a one picture you are showing "destroy cult outposts" with a picture of a Church, not to mention the mocking picture of the last supper.

Obviously, most gamers of such a mockery are pagan anyways, but this is feedback to developers: YOU SHOULD A SHAME OF YOURSELF.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." - Galatians 5:7

It's not Christianity, in fact Christianity clashes with the religion a lot. Marshal Burke and Pastor Jerome are christians and they despise the cult. It's obviously inspired by real christian cults, but regardless, it isn't calling Christianity bad, it's a fake religion centered around the last book of the New Testament. Kind of like Judaism and Christianity work.
     2 people found this helpful

oh great more uninformed people not actually knowing what they talking about when they say game mocks christians

anyone who actually plays the game knows the cult are only using christianity to appeal the populace in order to recruit them the cult leaders ideals are not actually faithful to christian beliefs he is just crazy and used god to justify his twisted plans
     3 people found this helpful

I think there has to be a line drawn between fiction and real life. Otherwise all FPS gamers are breaking the Law of Moses... "Thou shalt not kill"

So yea, my view is that its a fictitious cult and even in real life, cults are anti-Christian only using scripture to deceive others to their own ends.

Flanker1Six's Avatar Senior Member
    What??!! I suppose you'll be claiming Star Wars isn't real next!!
     1 people found this helpful

Not at all anti-Christian

FAR CRY 5: THE PASTOR VERSUS THE FATHER
    A Theological Deep Dive into Far Cry 5, The Father, and the Project at Eden’s Gate

This is by a pastor, Damien Gula who actually played far Cry 5 and rates the game highly.
    He contrasts Eden's Gate with actual Christianity.
    The game is rated 9.5 AMAZING and I agree.
    GO UBISOFT.

https://www.gamespace.com/featured/f...us-the-father/

I've heard complaints about this game being anti-christian. What amazes me is that to say this implies that the cult is somehow Christian or that the game conveys in some way that the cult is just an example of another Christian sect. It is not Christian by any definition I was raised by.

FarCry 5's cult is just another example of a cult/group that believes they are above the law - be they religious, white supremacists or militia or whatever. They have taken the law in their own hands.

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    You think the cult in Far Cry 5 is somehow Christian? You must hang out with some pretty wild church groups LoL. Me thinks thou protest too much.

Even at the fictitious level, the game clearly illustrates how extremist views corrupt and end badly.

Stop feeding the troll. Let the thread die, just like his ignorant opinion should.
     1 people found this helpful