Thread: South Park: Phone Destroyer Worldwide Launch Anniversary! | Forums

ItsJustBuck's Avatar Community Manager

South Park: Phone Destroyer Worldwide Launch Anniversary!

Hey there New Kids, Buck from RedLynx here.

Today is a day of celebration, as it’s the one year anniversary of the worldwide launch of South Park: Phone Destroyer! Today, we’ll look back at the last year and perhaps take a little peek at what to expect going into the second year.

The last year has been quite a roller coaster ride! We’ve had NEARLY HALF A BILLION PvP matches played, over 29 million hours played, and nearly 100 events. We’ve had a ton of fun, adding various new things for you all to do, and watching Phone Destroyer and its community grow.

In the last year, we’ve added a Legendary Leaderboard, so those of you who want to fight your way to the top and find out who’s the best Phone Destroyer in the world, can now do so. We added Friendly Fights, so you could challenge your teammates, for bragging rights! We made Team Events, so players could coordinate with their team to earn sweeter loot, in addition to the solo event packs that already existed. We added 24-hour events, for a few extra rewards throughout the week. We also added Challenge Mode, which is still one of my favorite new things, as it changes the way you play the game each and every week, with a leaderboard for those ultra competitive players!

In addition to those new things, we’ve continued to run events, nearly every weekend and have added a ton of new cards for all of you to collect. We’ve had Bebes and Bounty Hunters and multiple Craigs. We’ve had Towelie, Terrance and Phillip, Mr. Hankey and Imp Tweek too. More recently we’ve had Priest Maxi and Mr. Mackey fresh off their appearances in Season 22 of South Park, and now… SATAN! We’re not done either, in the next year, you can expect many new cards, serverside PvP, Team Wars, quality of life improvements and much more!

In the very early part of 2019, we’ll be rolling out Team Wars and Server-side PvP, both of which are in the process of being tested, and having their bugs and kinks worked out. We also have plans to create more exciting opportunities for our more competitive-minded players to receive recognition and appreciation for their skills.

Despite how far we may have come, we recognize that there is still a long way for us to go before we’re satisfied. There have, of course, been some bumps in the road - as there always is when you look to develop an ambitious game. We’ve had the Assassin Spam Meta and Hyperdrive Hell. We’ve had problems with poison and purify and some other spells. If you’ve been around awhile, this should all ring a bell. We’ve still got work to do and bugs to crush, but over the course of the coming months and years, we’re dedicated to ensuring that Phone Destroyer improves, and that we shore up the foundation with technical improvements, bug fixes, most importantly, fully server-authoritative PvP.

Throughout all of the changes of the past year, one thing has remained consistent and that’s YOU, the Community. You’ve been there for our streams and Reddit posts too. Through the memes and the mustaches, we’ve always had you. Your passion and dedication doesn’t go unnoticed. We appreciate it, and we want you to know this! On a personal note, our entire community team is grateful for having the chance to get to know so many of you who share our love for South Park, Phone Destroyer, and gaming. It has been an honor and a privilege, and we’re looking forward to many more fun streams, events, and community initiatives in the future!

Throughout the next week, we’ll be celebrating the anniversary with all of you. We’ll have a special live-stream tonight (about 1 hour from now), which you can watch on Twitch, YouTube or Facebook Live. We’ll unveil the new Satan card, and raffle away TONS of loot, including Satan! We’ll have an event to play this weekend, with double PvP tickets in packs, and next week we’ll have multiple 24 hour events, featuring some of the new cards from last year and a new outfit to help you celebrate. From the bottom of our hearts, from all of us here at RedLynx, THANK YOU. We have an absolutely amazing community and can’t wait to see all of you on the streets of South Park!

Love,
    Your Community Team

Buck🦌, Steve🚀 and Toller🐶
     1 people found this helpful

Well played Buck...

Well played.

I wanna rip this apart so bad, but I'm not going to. Ill say one thing and one thing only

Do better by the community. Connected to that.. Giving 20 cash and a flipping hat for the 1 year anniversary gift...after a years+ worth of dedication to the IP & Game through spending and playing is frankly --- absolutely dismal and honestly, Shame. Shame. Shame. It's a Shake My Head moment. But surprising enough does not surprise me. That's like UBI giving you a bonus at the end of the year for your hard work and when you look at your check, its $3.50 total bonus. Makes you just think "just shows they really don't care". Just simple things like that man. Just amazed at the lack of respect for the community through constant dickin' us through not caring and or at least showing that support for the community through in game means.
     2 people found this helpful

So when you said server side would be ready in summer, you meant next summer? I was really looking forward to getting back in the game, but it seems that's still a long way away.
    The freemium stuff shows no sign of going away, with offers worse than ever (66 dollors for a legendary, 66 dollars!). It's clear that your "more competitive-minded players" are the people who pay all their money on the game.
    I can't play the game anymore cause i always suffer lag, but i can still waste all my money on these offers. When I heard a mobile game was coming for south park, i expected so much more. Even when i started playing it, I started really enjoying it, but the past year I've seen this game devolve into ****. Basically, a fruit machine with extra steps. I still want to play the game tho. The concept is good. The artwork is great. The cards are fun. But when we hardly even have a chance at all to get an event card, what's the point in playing.
    But sure, lets reward our players, with a hat and some mesly cash. 20 cash buys a few lockers. thats it. It's 2 dollars you gave us, plus 1 hat. The same **** we've had to deal with for the last year. I want this game to be good. But i'm almost certain it's not going to be. Even if you get server side, these freemium offers will still be out there, they will still be what youre focusing on. Im not even sure youre gonna read this message. If you are, if you reply, you probably won't take it in, and Im just one of the millions of people hopelessly asking you to get rid of your freemiumness. Just charge people to play the game, and get rid of offers and everything. Focus on your players, not on your money.
    I'm guessing this reply was a waste of time tho. It's not gonna change anything, but just know, I used to be addicted to your game, i ****ed up my exams because of this game, and now i've lost hope in the game. And i dont think there's any reason to hope that this'll change anything.

But Happy anniversary!
     1 people found this helpful

ItsJustBuck's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by TIMMAH1997 Go to original post
    So when you said server side would be ready in summer, you meant next summer? I was really looking forward to getting back in the game, but it seems that's still a long way away.

I'm guessing this reply was a waste of time tho. It's not gonna change anything, but just know, I used to be addicted to your game, i ****ed up my exams because of this game, and now i've lost hope in the game. And i dont think there's any reason to hope that this'll change anything.

But Happy anniversary!

We had hoped that the development cycle of Server side PvP would be finished by the end of summer, as that was our initial estimation. As the development cycle went on and various issues and delays happen, as can happen with something like this with so many moving parts. Testing is on-going and as we said above, early 2019 is the new estimation.

Sorry to hear about your exams. Please focus on school before games, as that's an important aspect for life!

how many point to finish the single player last pack?

150 points are required to complete single player part of event.

So past card events have been 100 to complete, but this is 150 (50% increase). Were drop rates also increased 50%? If not, what was the incentive for this?

And 2500 points are required to complete team part of the event. Thanks for Neutral rewards only event, I needed that.

Don't forget about those very important timmy emotes.