Crucial Update

I believe I speak for a lot when I say the next balance update is crucial. For me personally it's going to decide weather or not I stick to the game. Here are some topics that need mentioning, balanced etc. I EXPECT community driven changes.

Also frequent balance changes are a must for most fighting game/Moba hybrid genres, for Honor should be no exception. I expect more frequent updates and community interaction. Consistency is the only way for Honor will ever be balanced.

Aramusha buff

Pk buff/kit additions.

Nobushi buff

LB buff

Shugoki rework

Warlord buff/additions

Shaman Nerf

Warden sb speed Nerf

Conq sb whiff Nerf, shouldn't be able to light on whiff to prevent a grabbed

Jiang Jun cleave Nerf

Raider kit additions

Highlander ub cool down balancing

Kensei top light or zone speed Nerf, make one or the other reactable

Revenge buff (when hit by an unblockable in a group fight/against the odds gank, either take less dmg from getting hit by 2+ people at once, or when hit by an unblockable, increase the amount of revenge gained, as well as when cc'd by shaman grab, raider grab, shugoki grab etc, gain resistance from outside sources during said cc)

Arcade mode rewards buff

Dual/brawl xp buff

These are general topics that people and myself have mentioned that we are looking to see in the upcoming balance patch.

As a community provide suggestions and feedback on the topics listed above, in your own threads or as a comment on this one. we want the game to be great and fun not frustrating to play on both duals/brawls and 4v4 modes.
     1 people found this helpful

LB buff?

That guy needs a full blown rework!

I hope ubisoft reads this. And not just read. Listen and take action.

Originally Posted by Illyrian_King Go to original post
    LB buff?

That guy needs a full blown rework!
    Like I said I want the community to voice their thoughts and opinions. Let's be real though, he doesn't need a rework, he just needs an opener, maybe armor on some type of heavy or two, and I'd say make his lb toss thing the speed of valks sweep. And with the speed of his shove maybe make it guarantee a light into a chain with no chance of an opponent dodging

Vakris_One's Avatar Senior Member
    Aramusha needs an opener added to his kit and he'll be in a decent place. I've suggested previously that he should be able to soft feint any heavy finisher into Ring the Bell. In addition:
    - Give him access to deadly feint immediately from his first top heavy from neutral so he doesn't have to whiff his first light to get into it.
    - Let him soft cancel his heavy finishers into dash forward top heavy to catch opponents who roll back.

Gladiator needs a better kit so they can then remove his very safe zone.

Originally Posted by iadvisoryi Go to original post
    Shaman Nerf
    What would you nerf about her? Apart from her bite restoring full stamina she is one of the most balanced heroes.

Warden sb speed Nerf
    His speed isn't really a factor. It's the fact that he can safely force a reaction and safely react to anything his opponent does whether it be cancel into parry, cancel into GB, cancel into forward dash heavy or keep charging until the very last second to attempt to safely catch an early dodge. I would nerf his ability to cancel his fully charged bash so late into the animation that the Warden actually takes a single step forward before cancelling. That part is just too safe for him as it's pretty much a guessing game for his opponent at the moment when they see Warden take a step forward.

Jiang Jun cleave Nerf
    If you mean his hitbox then I don't agree. He has worse hit boxes than both Nobushi and Kensei. If anything he needs a buff to his hitboxes in order to live up to his role as a wide reach attacker.

Highlander ub cool down balancing

Kensei top light or zone speed Nerf, make one or the other reactable
    Highlander - I'm not too sure Highlander needs a cooldown on his unblockables. Restricting his use of his unblockables pretty much makes his offensive stance near useless which is not good. The most balanced suggestion I've read is to reduce the damage of his OF stance heavies depending on how he gets them. If he hits the opponent from neutral then it remains 40 damage. If he gets it after a kick or a Caber Toss then it should be 30-32 damage.

Kensei - Both his top light and his zone are 500ms. His top light is already reactable as you can see his top guard in place before he attacks. A 500ms light attack from neutral is reactable on PC and pretty much on console too. Kensei is the most balanced hero in the roster and doesn't need any nerfs or buffs in my opinion.

Like I said I want the community to voice their thoughts and opinions. Let's be real though, he doesn't need a rework, he just needs an opener, maybe armor on some type of heavy or two, and I'd say make his lb toss thing the speed of valks sweep. And with the speed of his shove maybe make it guarantee a light into a chain with no chance of an opponent dodging
    Basically what you are talking about making the LB same to every other Hero and lose his whole identity.

Do you really think it is a good idea to give every Hero "an opener with a guaranteed light, some hyperarmour and some Valk speed moves"?

What about the rest of his kit? Another 1-trick pony with a fast opener and that's it?

You are right, that balance is really need right now, but I am glad that you are not working at Unisoft.

@Vakris_One

A lot of what I said (not all of it) was mostly speaking on the 4v4 experience because I find it the most unbalanced (for obvious reasons) just an fyi

For kensei, I believe for the most part he's balanced, but he can also be guarding top, and throw his zone, you basically have to choose to be blocking one or the other realistically. (I play on console) with the fps in 4v4s it's definitely unreactable on console, in duals against him I can react to the light, but the zone catches me a lot, and if I block his zone I normally will get hit by the light. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe wardens is slower? I feel able to react to his zone easier than kensei's.

For wardens sb, when I said speed, I meant make it reactable instead of just making it a guess. Since he can cancel and force a reaction, charge for a top heavy plus armor, or regular sb for a guaranteed double light into a chain, if his regular sb was reactable, it would help with one of the options he has. Getting sb'd over and over again or him fainting it is kind of ridiculous.

For highlander I agree with that damage statement, but I disagree with the ub cool down making his agro stance useless. In 4v4s I'd say he's for sure top 3 best picks if not number one. Unblockables in ganks are almost necessary, and he has unlimited supply of them Lol, and they all hit for 40dmg. If they don't want to touch him, or the damage for that matter, that is why I suggested the revenge system I briefly described. Earning more revenge when taking a unblockable hit, and also during a cc move that's not a wall splat (bear hugs, shaman grab, kick, sb, etc) make the recipiant take less damage from outside sources, and take only the true damage from the person using the cc (shugoki, highlander, shaman, etc)

Jaing Jun I was saying his ability to cleave with his ub is a little too much Imo, hitting multiple people from an incredible distance, maybe it's just me, we can agree to disagree there, it's not too big of my concern. But his heel kick shouldn't wall splat let's be honest lol

Shamans catch up ability, dodging heavies, zone and heavy faints, I believe are way too much for her kit to all be one. Her bleed and bite is what's supposed to make her unique, fine, I don't believe her jump in should be as fast as it is, it's basically a free hit on top of a mix up chain. She's a super human peace keeper lol.

Ty for displaying your input on my post by the way, good to start a conversation.

For aramusha I agree with that, I'd also like to add maybe armor on finishing heavies in the chain, kensei has it, zerker has it, highlander has it on his heavies out of stance, if aramusha can get grab punished with his stance unlike other stance characters, then he needs more utility in that, or just make him non grab-able on whiff lol

Originally Posted by Illyrian_King Go to original post
    Basically what you are talking about making the LB same to every other Hero and lose his whole identity.

Do you really think it is a good idea to give every Hero "an opener with a guaranteed light, some hyperarmour and some Valk speed moves"?

What about the rest of his kit? Another 1-trick pony with a fast opener and that's it?

You are right, that balance is really need right now, but I am glad that you are not working at Unisoft.
    Unisoft doesn't exist...

And it's about making him viable, you say I'm taking away his identity when you want him reworked? You have everything twisted. He lacks solo utility for damage. The things I said would help that. A turtle tank bully with a bit of agro is all he needs. Look at what they did to conq, now he's top tier. But you're not being constructive, you're just being disrespectful on an online forum where I'm asking others to also voice your opinions, all you said was he needs a rework... Didn't provide any of the how or why or what he needs. I believe you are taking away his unique identity