Thread: Update on the Mercenary Live Events | Forums

Ubi-QuB3's Avatar Community Manager

Update on the Mercenary Live Events

Hey everyone,

We hope you’re enjoying your time exploring the land and sea of Ancient Greece! We’d like to provide an update on the status of the Epic Mercenary events.

Two weeks ago, when we attempted to launch the first Epic Mercenary Event with Damais the Indifferent, we discovered that the content didn’t properly appear for a majority of our players. It wasn’t satisfactory to have an event available to only a portion of our players, so we decided to temporarily remove the Epic Mercenary Events from the game altogether until the issue is resolved. We are working on a fix and are hoping to introduce them later this month. We will provide an updated ETA as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we will activate 1x Epic Ship Event each week moving forward. And as a thank you for your patience and understanding, we will be activating a discount of -80 Orichalcum for the Legendary item that Sargon (Oikos of the Olympians) will sell next week.

Best
    Dom
     11 people found this helpful

ianaalv's Avatar Junior Member
    Hi everyone thanks for listen us, when you say: "we will activate 1x Epic Ship Event" you mean 2x right??
     1 people found this helpful

Eagle017's Avatar Member
    Thank you for the communication and beeing open about such things, really appreciate it! And of course the discount at the Oikos next week! Now I hope that it's not an item I might already have

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    I hate to be a pest, but can anyone play this event - for free?
    Do you get one chance to beat it or more than one?
    Thanks for any info - or link to how this works =)

Tropicdragon's Avatar Junior Member
    Can we get a reply from Ubisoft commenting the fact that the Ship Event is in fact experiencing the same / similar issue than the Mercenary one? Meaning the first ship was not doable by a lot people check the support forum / other places, many people asking about it. The Ship event either being completely absent or disappearing after a time and not returning. I am worrying next week with the reset and supposedly 2nd Ship Event the same thing will happen meaning it will Bug Out. I mean are you aware of it? Because you removing 1 Bugged Event to replace it with a 2nd Bugged Event.

kpopmuzika's Avatar Junior Member
    What about The Black wind?He was also dissapeared
     2 people found this helpful

FrozenSilver's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-QuB3 Go to original post
    Hey everyone,

Two weeks ago, when we attempted to launch the first Epic Mercenary Event with Damais the Indifferent, we discovered that the content didn’t properly appear for a majority of our players. It wasn’t satisfactory to have an event available to only a portion of our players, so we decided to temporarily remove the Epic Mercenary Events from the game altogether until the issue is resolved. We are working on a fix and are hoping to introduce them later this month. We will provide an updated ETA as soon as possible.

Honestly upon reading this I can't but get a little pissed at Ubi. In this message they completely disregard the massive issues many players experienced with the "The Black Wind" quest. The thread regarding the server maintenance on 1st November was closed without any notification (at least I didn't see one) as well.

As Tropicdragon mentioned before we have no clue if the next ship event will work or be the same buggy mess as the last one.
    If you want to show us you're taking your community seriously please start by using the truth and not just a part of the truth that's convenient.

n2i4c6k8's Avatar Junior Member
    Not to mention that the disabled fast travel bug has to be fixed first...

Renkaiden's Avatar Junior Member
    I never saw the special event ship either.

LCD_Dave_N7's Avatar Member
    I've asked a few times already to no avail, maybe I can get an answer here.

How are these events supposed to work? Are they supposed to be able to be completed by multiple characters or just once? Are the cosmetic rewards supposed to be tied to the character that unlocks them or are they account wide?
     1 people found this helpful