Wheel of Fortune Nintendo Switch Bugs

Just popped wof into my switch and found some issues:

When setting up the rewards in the options, sometimes you can’t see the prize wedge, and the gift tag option doesn’t move the wheel to the correct wedge so you can’t preview it.

Lots of sound effects and music are missing.

When blue tiles are populated on the board prior to a letter being revealed, there is no ding sound.

When a puzzle is solved, there is no puzzle solve cue/sound effect; for both toss up puzzles as well as regular puzzles.

When you land on the half car gift tag, no car horn is heard. Also there are half car wedges on the wheel for round 1 and there shouldn’t be (only round 2 and 3).

When you land on bankrupt, no bankrupt sound is heard.

There is severe artifacting that occurs on the prize wedge and gift tags on the wheel at random times, though it seems to happen more when the switch is in tablet mode and not docked.

If you pick up the prize wedge during the round, it shows the cruise ship wedge underneath. It should be a purple $500 wedge, and the prize wedge should never return to the wheel once it’s picked up. Same rules should apply to everything that is picked up off the wheel; nothing gets returned, the only difference are the 1/2 car tags which get replenished.
    Edit: it appears that just about everything stays on the wheel (or changes in some manner) even after you pick it up, which is definitely not correct.

When the final spin graphic occurs, there is no bell heard to signal this, and during the round there is no speed up music. It’s just silence? Which is odd because this same music is played during the bonus round.

During the final spin by the host, almost all of the special wedges and gift tags appear to stay present on the wheel.

When the bonus puzzle loads onto the puzzle board, there should be no introduction noise, the bonus puzzle should load without the iconic “dingdingdingding” sound effect.

If during any game you pick up the wild card and take it to the bonus round, if you play another game after finishing that one then you will always have the wild card, even if you didn’t pick it up that game.

If the bonus puzzle is solved, a music cue is supposed to play signaling a solved puzzle that is not present. If the bonus puzzle is not solved, a different music cue is supposed to play which is also not present.

FYI these are compared to just the ps4 and Xbox versions and what they already have, so these are truly missing assets and rules that are already present in the other versions.

Also this game absolutely chews through the switch battery when undocked and playing on the screen, which seems unusual. This game is not graphic intensive and shouldn’t be that CPU intensive.

Thanks!
     2 people found this helpful

In all fairness, I had to edit my comments... I went back and tried two more games and found that when I hit the "Solve" button VERY lightly, it did not pass my turn. But I still contend that when I landed on the One Million Dollar space on the wheel and it kicked me out of my turn and called me Bankrupt!

I also noticed when I hit the 1 Million on the Wheel (while playing my Xbox One), I've never gotten credit for the Million when I've won. And lastly, more like an observation that I don't like: You hit "Bankrupt" on the wheel WAY too often in this game vs. the TV show.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    For these sound issues there is a possibility that the problem is related to the Switch's sound settings when in TV mode. Try setting the sound to stereo for me and let me know if it helps.

I've tried every setting imaginable to see if there was something I was missing, nothing had any effect. TV move, switch/tablet mode, nothing changed.

I understand the thought process/logic being used in your response, but these aren't the type of sounds that would be affected in this way. They are just simply missing.

The sound is a disappointment and I hope it can be fixed, but the non-sound related issues are much worse and in fact break the game. The game might not crash and it can make it through an entire round, but the rules of the game aren't being followed, so unfortunately the point of buying and playing it has been completely missed.

Again just to reiterate, the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the same exact game do not have these issues and they play correctly.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by KingBobCat Go to original post
    In all fairness, I had to edit my comments... I went back and tried two more games and found that when I hit the "Solve" button VERY lightly, it did not pass my turn. But I still contend that when I landed on the One Million Dollar space on the wheel and it kicked me out of my turn and called me Bankrupt!

I also noticed when I hit the 1 Million on the Wheel (while playing my Xbox One), I've never gotten credit for the Million when I've won. And lastly, more like an observation that I don't like: You hit "Bankrupt" on the wheel WAY too often in this game vs. the TV show.
    You have to pick up the correct prize envelope to get the $1M in the bonus round, so it’s not unusual to not claim it even when you take it to the bonus round.

Version 1.0.1 for switch changed how the flippers move. It seems that if the flipper is on a wedge, but pointing to an adjacent wedge, it will think you landed on the adjacent wedge incorrectly.

This is on twitter and Ubisoft has been tagged. Absolutely no response to this yet.

New glitches and bugs continue to appear.

I selected the option to solve the puzzle, and as soon as the letters came up to start inputting, it immediately skipped my turn and it moved to the next player.

Sometimes the flipper now gets “stuck” on a pin and somehow thinks it has landed on the wedge next to it, even though it clearly is not.

Can anyone from Ubisoft please let us know if this game is getting fixed? I purchased a $40 game that does not work. should I be posting somewhere else? Emailing someone?

Also having issues

The accounts for Ubisoft won't link for both WoF and Jeopardy! on Switch. Is that something coming soon?
     1 people found this helpful

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I have passed on your list of issues to the team working on Wheel of Fortune. We appreciate you collecting this list of issues you've found.

@GrannyKA - I do not see a Nintendo account linked to the Ubisoft account you use here on the forums. Do you have a Nintendo account?

While we're talking about issues, is the platform that the wheel sits on being super dark in this version compared to the show and the multiplatform release a bug, or some sort of optimization? Because it looks SUPER ugly. Honestly was going to pick this up today, but with all of these issues, I'm gonna wait and see how it turns out. This will be a buy if y'all can get it playable, on par, or better than the multiplatform release, which still has some issues itself.

I tried to embed an image in that last post, but it didn't seem to work, and since I can't figure out how to edit my post, here's the image: https://imgur.com/gallery/Q0RqtBs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►