Thread: Developer Update: A Witch to Pursue | Forums

ItsJustBuck's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: A Witch to Pursue

Hey everyone! It’s Buck from Redlynx, and it’s time for this week’s developer update! Let’s get started!

THIS WEEK

CHALLENGE MODE

We’ve finished up our latest 24 hour event, which featured Towelie, and our next Challenge mode has started. As you’ve likely seen, this week’s Challenge Mode is the Big-Ticket Challenge! This means that ALL cards will cost +2 from their normal cost, but there is 2x energy regeneration. For example, a normal 2-cost assassin will cost 4 energy and a 3-cost fighter will cost 5. I expect that Energy Staff and Hermes Kenny will be a popular combination this week! Good luck, New Kids!

The rewards and retry costs are also the same as in last week’s Challenge.

A WITCH TO PURSUE

This weekend’s event is bringing a very special card to South Park: Phone Destroyer. Witch Garrison is coming to town and you’ll be able to get your hands on him this weekend by completing the event!

This weekend’s event will be a token collection event, which means you can find tokens in PvP lockers and PvP packs. As usual, there will be both Solo and Team packs to open, with the same point amounts as usual. Please make sure you join your team before the event starts (which is usually 12 UTC), in order to be able to claim those team packs!

This weekend’s event will run from Friday(~12 UTC) to Monday(~12 UTC) and by completing both the Solo and Team portions of the event, you will get at least 7 copies of the new card, Witch Garrison!

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 10
    2 49
    3 90
    4 170
    5 260
    6 410
    7 600
    8 925

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 330
    2 950
    3 4125
    4 9000
    5 15000
    6 22500

There will also be another EVENT LEADERBOARD this weekend, so if you’re into that sort of thing, see if YOU can get your hands on some extra prizes (Including Witch Garrison)!

DEVELOPER STREAM

Our Live Streams continue to entertain! Tune in this Thursday at 9:15 AM PST/12:15 PM EST to hang out with ThatDarnSteve and BlueBadger400 as they answer your questions and play the Challenge Mode. Ubi-Toller will be there too, hanging out in chat and giving away all kinds of great prizes, including a few copies of Witch Garrison! You won’t want to miss it!

*** Note the stream is on THURSDAY this week as opposed to the usual Friday stream!

CLOSED BETA UPDATE

We’re also excited to announce that we have selected users for the upcoming closed beta and have sent out e-mails to the selected users. If you applied, please check your e-mail and get back to us as soon as possible. In preparation for this, we will also be pushing out a technical update around October 29th, which will require users to download a new version of the game from their app-store. Changes made in this build are mostly behind the scenes things for the upcoming test.

New users will now also have the ability to play as a ‘guest’ with progress saved locally. This means that you’ll not be required to log in and you will have a randomly assigned name, but also that you’ll lose the progress if you uninstall the game, without linking your account. This should have no effect on users who have already linked their accounts.

BALANCE CHANGES

At the start of the next Legendary season (November 6th). We will be pushing out some balance changes to a few cards. I mentioned in the last livestream, that Mr. Hankey would be one of those cards and that I would include some details about those upcoming changes. Here they are as follows: Level 1 (base stats) for Mr. Hankey- HP increased to 98 from 33 and ATK increased to 98 from 37.

There will also be changes to all Dougies and Mecha Timmy. Full details will be in the Developer Update next week!

One last thing! From the time the event starts on Friday, users who own the following cards will now have increased chances to get them from the shop packs.

• Terrance and Phillip
    • Incan Craig
    • Visitors
    • Priest Maxi
    • Youth Pastor Craig
    • Imp Tweek
    • Witch Garrison

That’s all the news we have for now. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us. We love hearing from our players!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
    Buck🦌, Steve🚀 and Toller🐶

Closed Beta

Awww man I didn't get accepted

Originally Posted by Kennyfan21 Go to original post
    Awww man I didn't get accepted
    Me neither, it must've been a though selection, but check your spam folder maybe you got it .

You guys going to fix the mystic tuning in that patch? It is still absurdly broken.

Visitors

I've been playing this game for almost a full year and still have not received Visitors. I see that you're increasing the chances of getting them if you already own them, but how do I go about getting my first copy?

Originally Posted by Turles912 Go to original post
    I've been playing this game for almost a full year and still have not received Visitors. I see that you're increasing the chances of getting them if you already own them, but how do I go about getting my first copy?
    Dude, we just had a challenge event a couple weeks ago where you could have gotten them. I went in with 0 Visitors, but after several runs I ended up getting enough to have them at level 3. We all had our chance. Oh, and I'm 100% f2p, so can't use that as an excuse.

Now about that Incan Craig, how about making him a little more attainable by dropping him out of Legendary rank and putting him at 45 where there aren't any cards?

Originally Posted by JR0MER0 Go to original post
    Dude, we just had a challenge event a couple weeks ago where you could have gotten them. I went in with 0 Visitors, but after several runs I ended up getting enough to have them at level 3. We all had our chance. Oh, and I'm 100% f2p, so can't use that as an excuse.

Now about that Incan Craig, how about making him a little more attainable by dropping him out of Legendary rank and putting him at 45 where there aren't any cards?
    I didn't receive Visitors from the event. This also happened to a few of my teammates.
    However, I have received 2 Incan Craig this month.

Originally Posted by Turles912 Go to original post
    I didn't receive Visitors from the event. This also happened to a few of my teammates.
    However, I have received 2 Incan Craig this month.
    That's strange. I think I completed the challenge about 7 or 8 times and got at least 1 Visitor card each time, 2 of them on multiple occasions. I am jealous about the Incan Craigs, though, he's the only card I'm missing.

JuraquiIIe's Avatar Junior Member
    Get we get any details about the Dougies balance changes? It will be a buff or debuff

Been playing since the first day the game actually released. Spent decent money and alot of time, no visitors or incan. Now increased chance for anyone lucky enough to have them. Oh if u don't have em good luck cause now they're "event" cards so good luck with the packs u have to buy when we decide to release em.