Thread: Developer Update: Tegridy Farms | Forums

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: Tegridy Farms

Hey everyone! It’s Toller from Redlynx, and it’s time for this week’s developer update! Let’s get started!

THIS WEEK

CHALLENGE MODE

This week’s Challenge mode is bringing back Designer Decks, but with a special twist!
    We've worked together with some of Phone Destroyer’s incredible content creators to create the decks that are being used in this week's Challenge! Working with them on this was awesome, and we hope you send some wholesome love their way in thanks! We look forward to working with more content creators in the future, as well as the community at large. So if you’ve got an idea for the perfect deck, hold onto it! You never know when we’ll come looking to borrow it.

The rewards and retry costs will be same as in last week’s Challenge.

NEW SOUTH PARK EPISODE

A BRAND NEW episode of South Park airs tonight! The Vaping epidemic hits South Park elementary in an all-new episode titled "Tegridy Farms", premiering on Wednesday, October 17 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central. Be sure to check it out!

This weekend’s event will be a token collecting event and, as usual, there will be both Solo and Team packs to open, with the same point amounts as usual. Please make sure you join your team before the event starts (which is usually 12 UTC), in order to be able to claim those team packs, and please open your packs as you earn them! We don’t want you to save them up only to miss the deadline and lose them forever.

This weekend’s event will run from Friday(~12 UTC) to Monday(~12 UTC). There will be a new outfit hiding in the Solo Path of the event, and there will be an increased chance of finding Towelie and Randy in both paths. Which Randy, you ask? ALL THE RANDYS!

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 10
    2 49
    3 90
    4 170
    5 260
    6 410
    7 600
    8 925

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 330
    2 950
    3 4125
    4 9000
    5 15000
    6 22500

RACE TO LEGENDARY PACK

The Race to Legendary pack is back! After every season rest, the bottom 50% of Legendary players are returned to Rank 50. If one of those New Kids is yours, you have until October 26th to battle your way back to Legendary status to win yourself one of these Welcome Back packs! If you’re already still in Legendary, no need to worry, you already qualify!

Get it while it's hot! Or should we say while it’s cold, as Program Stan is the guaranteed Epic this time around. :P

DEVELOPER STREAM

There will be no developer stream this week, so if you had any burning questions you were planning on asking, feel free to ask them here instead!

UPCOMING MAINTENANCE

Heads up, New Kids! There will be a maintenance tomorrow, October 18th, beginning at 8 AM UTC. This should last around an hour and half, and as always we’ll keep you informed through our social media channels if that changes.

CLOSED BETA APPLICATIONS

Our “Closed Beta” is still accepting applications for those who want to help us test future builds of Phone Destroyer! This may include, but is not limited to, testing new features, new cards and giving feedback on things directly to members of the Development team. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, follow the link below and send your application!

There is no set cut-off date for applications as of right now, but do get your name in early if it’s something you’d like to take part in.

Note: A Non-Disclosure agreement (NDA) will be required for anyone selected to join the closed beta tester program. This agreement means that you will not discuss the Beta with any other parties, nor will you be able to (for example) create videos or livestreams while playing.

That’s all the news we have for now. Please feel free to let us know what you think of this update, or about anything concerning our game. Your feedback is what makes us better!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
    Toller🐶, Buck🦌, and Steve🚀

I have following questions about some legal issues related to closed beta NDA.

Current situation. Recently there was a suspected identify theft/inpersonation of community managers which resulted in temporary bans from the game. In response, discord community decided to eject community managers from SPPD servers questioning actions of themselves. No official statement has been given.

1. Closed beta survey has an option to join discord server dedicated to discuss closed beta related information with other testers. How you are going to protect yourselves from being impersonated?

2. How are going to communicate with players if they decide to NOT join dedicated discord server?

3. How does NDA will protect closed beta program from being sabotaged?

I don't know if there will be a leaderboard again for this weekends event or if that is only for card usage events, but if there is, you should really increase the rewards.

Because the previous weekend event was the first time with a leaderboard and I almost always end up first or at least top 3 in my team, I decided to give it a try. Ended up place 230 or something with I can't remember how many points (600 or something in that region?). I can tell you now, that was the first and last time I do that. It cost me hours of grinding, way past locker limit, and lots of deranking to be able to use a 7-point deck. And what did I get? A pitiful 770pvp tickets, 20 commons and 10 rares (which sucked, but that's RNG so I can't blame you for that). I can get about the same rewards or better by doing 1 donation request, 2 pvp packs and a couple of locker openings, which costs me between 30 and 45 minutes.
    The 700 pvp tickets might be worth shooting for, it's not much of a reward, but it doesn't take that much effort to get in that group either. But the number 1 player, oh boy. I think he got like 3.5k points. Even with a 7 point deck that means 500 wins! Assuming a match takes about 5 minutes (including searching an opponent, loading and such) and he never loses, that's over 40 hours, for 5 epics!!! How do you kill he who has no life?

I do like the leaderboard idea, but the rewards are pathetic considering the hours of grinding it requires to end at a high spot. It would be much better I think if you just gave an amount of cash. Maybe something like 1001 cash minus your spot on the leaderboard and with a minimum of 50 if you finish the event. So for example the person at spot 236, gets 1001-236=765 cash That way people also wouldn't be bummed out if they end up at spot 251 or something.

Originally Posted by EasternNewKid Go to original post
    I have following questions about some legal issues related to closed beta NDA.

Current situation. Recently there was a suspected identify theft/inpersonation of community managers which resulted in temporary bans from the game. In response, discord community decided to eject community managers from SPPD servers questioning actions of themselves. No official statement has been given.

1. Closed beta survey has an option to join discord server dedicated to discuss closed beta related information with other testers. How you are going to protect yourselves from being impersonated?

2. How are going to communicate with players if they decide to NOT join dedicated discord server?

3. How does NDA will protect closed beta program from being sabotaged?

1. How exactly would they be impersonated on a private discord server run by them?

2. I imagine most of the information about the Beta will be passed through Discord but I'm sure they can email just fine.

3. The NDA is a legally binding contract. That is what protects them. If someone does want to "sabotage" they do so under the threat of legal action. (Nobody would be stupid enough to do this. And if they are. They are EXTREMELY stupid.) NDA's are not a joke and not something you "troll".
     1 people found this helpful

I used to manage a video game store back I the day. I have signed more than one NDA they are very specific and penalties are harsh. You don’t mess with them period

Token collecting event. Fine, but will the lockers have tokens to collect? Will the weekend go something like this - play tough/easy match, win, pick three lockers (f2p), NO POINTS! Repeat, open three lockers, yay no points! Card events guarantee points after every win. Locker events do not. Please put points in more lockers or reward every win with points plus any extra points found in lockers.

Who ever made the scifi and mystic deck should never made a deck again. Feels like a 50/50 chance of winning or losing

I don't know how thoroughly you guys play tested this week's challenge decks, but when you do these things you need to make sure it's more balanced. The way it is this week with two competitive decks and two meme decks, it's not worth refreshing. The last premade challenge was the same way, which is unfortunate because I really like the concept there but when one or two decks is completely overpowered by the others it's just too random to waste money on. So please if you do community sourced deck challenges in the future give the contributors some more guidance on whether to use meta decks or fun decks. It's not the community's responsibility to balance your game.

COMPLETELY agree with you dobbsmerc. 2 decks were great (almost copies of one another though...) one was marginal (just don’t ever play MBP, what was he thinking?) and one was a steaming pile of crap (I guess drewzy doesn’t actually play the game?). Win/loss is basically a luck based exercise, and this is the first challenge I didn’t get 12 wins as well as many other usual top performers in our teams. No way possible we’ll pay for refreshes in what is a slot machine.

If you want to do these types of challenges and don’t want to seriously consider balance between decks, then please make them mirror matches. Otherwise it’s just luck of the draw to get a game where you don’t have a garbage deck against a usable one.

well, good challenge, lose connection twice