Just chiming in to basically agree with everyone else. Great game, but the flight controls suck. If we can't get the ability to fully remap, then what we need is:

1. Shield and Boost/Dodge moved to L and R. We need to be able to use these while aiming - the current placement makes these basically useless in space.

2. An option to swap the two joysticks while in flight.

I've played a bit more, here's my two cents:

1. Ability to swap sticks in flight mode (independent of when on the ground)
    2. Boost and Dodge on L, R

For me, these two make the game unplayable.

3. Sustained forward thrust in flight mode if you move forward with the (now) right stick for a second or so. I.e. you can eventually take your finger off the stick and keep moving in flight mode.
    4. X inversion as an option.

These would be nice, but I wouldn't be that bothered if they don't make it.

You guys might be underestimating the amount of people that hate these controls and don't bother to complain on this forum or Reddit. Not one person that played this game on my switch doesn't think the controls suck. I'm crossing my fingers that this makes your next update.

Hi, great thread. Currently playing on Nintendo Switch. I would love to customize controls too. For example, I would prefere boosting with R instead of A because with A you cannot move up and down while boosting unless you move the right stick with your left thumb. I also (spoiler alert) would like to have inverted flight controls when inside the dreadnaught, where your ships moves forward and you just strafe, but just in that part since Im used to fly inverted if
    I am using the left stick.

Ubi-Lucipus's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for adding to this everyone, we appreciate you letting us know your preferences and suggestions

I was so excited to finally get a space shooter similar to Star Fox, and then to actually include Star Fox!!! But then to find that the controls can't be remapped, and the way they don't feel like all the other flight games out there... very disappointing.

Please fix this, Star Fox is one of the games that solidified my love of gaming, and this game gets so much right except for the most important aspect, space flight controls!

These controls make the game completely unplayable. You need to implement alt control scheme ASP. We've all paid money for this game and as it currently stands its broken. It's like trying to play with your hand behind your back. How was this not picked up in testing? It screamed broken in the first 30 seconds. This needs to take priority over anything else. dont wait to budle into a upcoming update get it out now, please.

Aim with left stick

good evening, I bought starlink for switch and I wanted to know if it is possible to change the controls ... in flight games I usually use roll and pitch on the left stick, but here it seems not to be possible. this makes flight sections very frustrating

Any news?

Originally Posted by Gahell123 Go to original post
    good evening, I bought starlink for switch and I wanted to know if it is possible to change the controls ... in flight games I usually use roll and pitch on the left stick, but here it seems not to be possible. this makes flight sections very frustrating
    Gentlemen, there are news for a possible patch that introduces the mapping of the controls? I'm playing something else while waiting for this patch

Ubi-Lucipus's Avatar Community Representative
    Gahell123, it's definitely something that we're forwarding to the team as we appreciate you want to customize your gameplay

Originally Posted by Ubi-Lucipus Go to original post
    Gahell123, it's definitely something that we're forwarding to the team as we appreciate you want to customize your gameplay
    Ubi-Lucipus can you please ask your team and confirm if they are in fact going to address the controls (and x inversion) in a future patch? Hearing about how you are forwarding our concerns to them is just getting frustrating at this point. No offence, but it seems like your team intends to do nothing about it, while you continue to attempt damage control...

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234