Thread: Developer Update: The Problem With A Poo | Forums

ItsJustBuck's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: The Problem With A Poo

Hey everyone! It’s Buck from Redlynx, and it’s time for this week’s developer update! Let’s get started!

THIS WEEK

CHALLENGE MODE

We’ve just finished up our latest 24 hour event, which was Adventure themed and our next Challenge mode has started. As you’ve likely seen, this week’s Challenge Mode is DOUBLE DAMAGE! This means that ALL units will deal 2x their normal damage. This will likely make healing less useful, so focus on taking out your opponent’s quickly! Maybe you can try to sneak in a headhunter to damage that enemy NK quickly or try using a swarm heavy deck to cause trouble for your opponent! I look forward to seeing what awesome decks all of you will come up with!

Important note: you can also win copies of the brand new card Priest Maxi in this week's event!

Also, a clarification on Priest Maxi's ability:

I saw a few questions about the brand new card that has arrived in South Park: Phone Destroyer, Priest Maxi. I'll answer those down below and of course, if you have any other questions, let me know!

So there's a new ability 'trigger' and that's called enrage, what does that mean?

Enrage triggers when the character drops below half health. In the case of Priest Maxi, when he becomes Enraged there is an additional 2x healing added to his regeneration effect.

What does this mean on the battlefield? Let's use an easy example. Let's say, your Priest Maxi heals for 5 HP per second (HP/s). When he becomes enraged, there will be 2x more added to the 5 HP, meaning the total would be 15 HP/s (5 HP/s + 10 HP/s). In addition to this, this effect can stack. So if Priest Maxi's health drops below half and the enrage is triggered, then he is healed above half health, by Angel Wendy or Friar Jimmy for example, when he drops below half health again, he will add another 2x healing to his regeneration effect.

The rewards and retry costs are also the same as in last week’s Challenge.

NEW SOUTH PARK EPISODE

A BRAND NEW episode of South Park is approaching! Mr. Hankey must defend his character or lose everything that is important to him in an all-new episode titled “The Problem with a Poo” premiering on Wednesday, October 10 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

This weekend’s event will be a card usage event and, as usual, there will be both Solo and Team packs to open, with the same point amounts as usual. Please make sure you join your team before the event starts (which is usually 12 UTC), in order to be able to claim those team packs!

This weekend’s event will run from Friday(~12 UTC) to Monday(~12 UTC) and you’ll have increased chances to get your hands on Mr. Hankey. It’s also worth noting that we are working on some balance changes for Mr. Hankey at the start of the next Legendary season (I'll provide the details when I have them)!

Card List:

• Mr. Hankey
    • PC Principal
    • Marcus
    • Kyle Of The Drow Elves
    • Canadian Knight Ike
    • Stan of Many Moons
    • Mecha Timmy
    • Pocahontas Randy
    • Angel Wendy

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 5
    2 10
    3 15
    4 25
    5 40
    6 55
    7 75
    8 100

TEAM REWARDS
    1 25
    2 75
    3 250
    4 650
    5 1200
    6 2000

EVENT LEADERBOARD

This event will have a brand new feature, an Event LEADERBOARD. Players who earn the highest total scores during the event will be rewarded with prizes, similarly to how the Challenge Mode leaderboard functions. Let us know what you think of it in the comments down below!

DEVELOPER STREAM

Our Live Streams continue to entertain and/or enrage! Tune in this Friday at 9:15 AM PST/12:15 PM EST to hang out with ThatDarnSteve and ItsJustBuck as they answer your questions and play as many matches as they can. UbiToller will be there too, hanging out in chat and giving away all kinds of great prizes, including a few copies of our little friendly poo, Mr. Hankey! You won’t want to miss it!

CLOSED BETA APPLICATIONS

We’re also excited to announce that we will be opening our applications for the upcoming “Closed Beta” testing for future builds of South Park: Phone Destroyer. This may include, but is not limited to, testing new features, new cards and giving feedback on things directly to members of the Development team. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, follow the link below and send your application!

Note: A Non-Disclosure agreement (NDA) will be required for anyone selected to this closed beta tester program.

That’s all the news we have for now. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us. We love hearing from our players!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
    Buck🦌, Steve🚀 and Toller🐶

Question about Closed Beta

How long does it take to apply closed beta?

So are materials/cards going to be Neutral only?

Question,

How does the new event leader board NOT promote de-ranking? I feel even worse for the people in the 3k-7k range now. It feels like deranking just became more lucrative.
     3 people found this helpful

Spoilers

Stop posting show spoilers. I don't want the show spoiled the day it comes out on the game I play because I like the show and don't want spoilers. Stop posting them

Reward

Are we gonna get rewarded if you select ous for be the beta testers?

Ok, I gotta ask how the hell yall are picking the cards for events. Normally, even with broad range levelling for challenges etc I meet maybe 2 or 3 points in a deck concept, but this event has 3 legendaries in different themes including arguably THE WORST legend in the game because of his stat line, and one theme is a legend only. Adventure is a legend and a subpar (stat wise) version of an epic (Poco v Nun v Amazing).

I know that I can't always have 2 or 3 cards ready to go, but not a single card here is one I have had time or inclination to level or have even obtained (Hankey and SOMM). so just how are cards picked?

No that's only for green events...

Please fix the problem with the energy staff it's no point of upgrading it. Stan of many moons is to OP. And you guys should focus on fixing the ranged cards more
    Originally Posted by ItsJustBuck Go to original post
    Hey everyone! It’s Buck from Redlynx, and it’s time for this week’s developer update! Let’s get started!

THIS WEEK

CHALLENGE MODE

We’ve just finished up our latest 24 hour event, which was Adventure themed and our next Challenge mode has started. As you’ve likely seen, this week’s Challenge Mode is DOUBLE DAMAGE! This means that ALL units will deal 2x their normal damage. This will likely make healing less useful, so focus on taking out your opponent’s quickly! Maybe you can try to sneak in a headhunter to damage that enemy NK quickly or try using a swarm heavy deck to cause trouble for your opponent! I look forward to seeing what awesome decks all of you will come up with!

Important note: you can also win copies of the brand new card Priest Maxi in this week's event!

Also, a clarification on Priest Maxi's ability:

I saw a few questions about the brand new card that has arrived in South Park: Phone Destroyer, Priest Maxi. I'll answer those down below and of course, if you have any other questions, let me know!

So there's a new ability 'trigger' and that's called enrage, what does that mean?

Enrage triggers when the character drops below half health. In the case of Priest Maxi, when he becomes Enraged there is an additional 2x healing added to his regeneration effect.

What does this mean on the battlefield? Let's use an easy example. Let's say, your Priest Maxi heals for 5 HP per second (HP/s). When he becomes enraged, there will be 2x more added to the 5 HP, meaning the total would be 15 HP/s (5 HP/s + 10 HP/s). In addition to this, this effect can stack. So if Priest Maxi's health drops below half and the enrage is triggered, then he is healed above half health, by Angel Wendy or Friar Jimmy for example, when he drops below half health again, he will add another 2x healing to his regeneration effect.

The rewards and retry costs are also the same as in last week’s Challenge.

NEW SOUTH PARK EPISODE

A BRAND NEW episode of South Park is approaching! Mr. Hankey must defend his character or lose everything that is important to him in an all-new episode titled “The Problem with a Poo” premiering on Wednesday, October 10 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

This weekend’s event will be a card usage event and, as usual, there will be both Solo and Team packs to open, with the same point amounts as usual. Please make sure you join your team before the event starts (which is usually 12 UTC), in order to be able to claim those team packs!

This weekend’s event will run from Friday(~12 UTC) to Monday(~12 UTC) and you’ll have increased chances to get your hands on Mr. Hankey. It’s also worth noting that we are working on some balance changes for Mr. Hankey at the start of the next Legendary season (I'll provide the details when I have them)!

Card List:

• Mr. Hankey
    • PC Principal
    • Marcus
    • Kyle Of The Drow Elves
    • Canadian Knight Ike
    • Stan of Many Moons
    • Mecha Timmy
    • Pocahontas Randy
    • Angel Wendy

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    1 5
    2 10
    3 15
    4 25
    5 40
    6 55
    7 75
    8 100

TEAM REWARDS
    1 25
    2 75
    3 250
    4 650
    5 1200
    6 2000

EVENT LEADERBOARD

This event will have a brand new feature, an Event LEADERBOARD. Players who earn the highest total scores during the event will be rewarded with prizes, similarly to how the Challenge Mode leaderboard functions. Let us know what you think of it in the comments down below!

DEVELOPER STREAM

Our Live Streams continue to entertain and/or enrage! Tune in this Friday at 9:15 AM PST/12:15 PM EST to hang out with ThatDarnSteve and ItsJustBuck as they answer your questions and play as many matches as they can. UbiToller will be there too, hanging out in chat and giving away all kinds of great prizes, including a few copies of our little friendly poo, Mr. Hankey! You won’t want to miss it!

CLOSED BETA APPLICATIONS

We’re also excited to announce that we will be opening our applications for the upcoming “Closed Beta” testing for future builds of South Park: Phone Destroyer. This may include, but is not limited to, testing new features, new cards and giving feedback on things directly to members of the Development team. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, follow the link below and send your application!

Note: A Non-Disclosure agreement (NDA) will be required for anyone selected to this closed beta tester program.

That’s all the news we have for now. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us. We love hearing from our players!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
    Buck🦌, Steve🚀 and Toller🐶

MrEct's Avatar Junior Member
    I totally feel for ya dude, two or three cards from each deck seems
    much more advisable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►