View Poll Results: Should Ubisoft Quebec implement AC Origin's enemy level scaling: add it as an option?

Voters
666. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

588 88.29%
  • No

78 11.71%

Thread: Forced enemy level scaling | Forums

Originally Posted by ProdiGurl Go to original post
    Look at the date of this thread... 10-1. This was when they gave special game access 3 days prior to Regular release date.
    There were zero help sites on the net to get info - these were the Pioneer days and people plowed into ACOD thinking it was AC as usual, being easy combat and hit a brick wall instead.
    As for this,

Origins & Ezio's Trilogy are my favorite games of AC as are the Characters, Ezio & Bayek -
    only Odyssey has managed to become my new favorite AC game for a host of reasons and even surpass Origins which I played a second time (and never do).

It's AC on steroids and much better with more variety & fun content (daily/weeklyOrichalcum, Cultists, Ruins, opponent types, open combat, Merc contract board, Naval battle, RPG, strategy for gear/weapons/ability choices, new events added, better AI) plus some challenge.
    You're right that this isn't the 'old AC' we had and that's actually a good thing becuz it was losing some level of interest even from the fan base.
    AC Origins wasn't a classic AC game and that had scaling option and it worked why can't it be the same here? It's basically the same damn premise in Odyssey yeah I know they said they would do something about scaling but it was still a vague comment we have no idea what is happening and we want to know what's going on. That's why some of us keep fighting to know what happens with this so we can voice our opinions now rather than when it arrives in 2019
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by BogPeasant420 Go to original post
    Ah, yes. I apologize, I did not intend to imply that the system itself is faulty. I definitely should reword this.

Ubisoft:
    Give
    Us
    Options.

I do apologize, it's just this is such a glaring issue that I am genuinely frustrated with it. I expected this to be almost a carbon copy of Origins, which would have been perfect, but it's not. It's disappointing.

Leveled zones are leveled for a reason. End-game is where every enemy is scaled to your level, that's the purpose of end-game. But we have this functionality from the get-go. This is my issue. I want to overlevel to be able to fight someone I have trouble with. Now they're my level, I can't kill them. This is seriously stupid.
    So far going on month three now and we still have many people who will not play a frustrating/disappointing game due to a lack of options.

Bog, have you played since launch or pushed through the game?

Originally Posted by miklkit Go to original post
    Since you addressed to me I will try to answer it fully. But first, this is the first AC game I've played so I had no idea what to expect.

What are these "builds" everyone talks about, and how are they built? I use the best armor and weapons I come across. The purpose of armor is to reduce damage to me and the purpose of weapons is to increase damage to them. I upgrade them until they become too expensive and then use higher level stuff until it too becomes too expensive to upgrade. This is a race I can not win.
    Since you're not getting any useful replies:

Your character will never be the best at everything. You can choose a headgear that improves your warrior damage, then engrave it with something that gives it better assassin damage, then choose a sword that gives you better hunter damage. The end result will be something that is "ok" at everything, but doesn't really excel at anything either. Instead, you might want to choose only gear that improves your hunter damage. You will then deal huge amounts of damage with a bow, but your character will be relatively weak in swordfights or assassinations. Your chosen combination of gear and equipment is what is referred to as your "build".

At first glance, there are three builds to choose from in AC (or combine however you like). Hunter (dealing damage with a bow), Warrior (dealing damage with the sword/staff) and Assassin (dealing damage by assassinating enemies). Then once you factor in abilities and engravings, things become a bit more complex. My personal build is geared towards massive hunter damage, particularly using headshots and the predator shot (zoom function). I haven't spent ability points on ghost arrows and most other hunter skills, but my focus on the predator skill and headshots means that I can one-shot most strong enemies, and even take down mercenaries my own level with just a few arrows. My strategy for taking out a fort tends to revolve around slowly and systematically taking people out from a safe distance until the fort is empty enough for me to sneak in and boobie-trap the beacon. Another player might build towards Warrior skills (what is sometimes called a tank build). They might not be able to do much damage with the bow, but they can basically run straight into a fort and slaughter everyone without a scratch on their own bodies. A player with an assassin build might focus on skills that makes him invisible when standing still, being able to move around much faster while crouching, etc. Then he will use his eagle to carefully scout out and tag each enemy in a fort, sneak inside, and start taking them down one by one, all while hiding the bodys in order to not alert the remaining guards.

If you try to focus your skills on what you enjoy doing most and build a particular strategy for each situation (fort, mercenary, etc) according to those skills, you might actually start enjoying the game a lot more. It's difficult to remember key mappings for the skills at first, but after 5-10 hours of using your skills properly you will remember the keys without any problems, I promise.

Dunno what made me come back to this forum but....

Thanks for this. Since this game says "Assassins" in the title I thought it was a stealth game and that is how I tried to play it. Wrong! There was no stealth. So I ended up in melees till I ran away, then attempted weakening them with arrows but the arrows dealt almost no damage. So I concentrated on armor and weapons and melee abilities.

It stayed like that until I got past level 50. Then I started noticing that it might be getting less difficult, but still quit playing. After a two week break I tried it again. Now at level 60 it is pretty easy, like it should have been at level 6. Before there were many places where I just gave up and left without completing them because they were just impossible. I went back and just breezed through them with no challenges.

There is one fort I remembered clearly where I was hiding in some bushes next to a building waiting for a guard to walk by so I could assassinate him, but he spotted me at quite a distance and within seconds I was surrounded and had to run away.
    When I returned much later I crouched in those same bushes and ambushed a guard, then partially pulled him into the bushes. Another guard wandered by and spotted him and pulled out his sword but never saw me. I stood up and slashed him to ribbons without taking a single hit and without any alarm being sounded.

The game is now so easy that I'm thinking about bumping up the difficulty! Even arrows are doing real damage now!

The leveling system is just broken. A game that starts off too hard and suddenly becomes too easy is just broken. To those who will scoff try this: Uninstall all the abilities except those you had at level 10 and see how you do.
     3 people found this helpful

miklkit, thank you for posting your experience. Though it’s good to hear the game does get ‘easier’, I am not willing to suffer through the muck for 100 hours just to play the game the way it should have been playing the whole time. Also, I’m awaiting some of members here to reply to you saying “well just get good” or “you aren’t playing right, this is the new AC!”
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by miklkit Go to original post
    To those who will scoff try this: Uninstall all the abilities except those you had at level 10 and see how you do.
    Except earlier missions were a lot more easy.

There seems to have a real taboo about setting the difficulty on easy.

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo Go to original post
    miklkit, thank you for posting your experience. Though it’s good to hear the game does get ‘easier’, I am not willing to suffer through the muck for 100 hours just to play the game the way it should have been playing the whole time. Also, I’m awaiting some of members here to reply to you saying “well just get good” or “you aren’t playing right, this is the new AC!”
    The new AC just without the Assassins and without the Creed.

It does get easier but it is really tough in early stages of the game the dmg feels off when your weapons are a lvl lower than you but the same lvl as the enemy and even if they are not brutes it takes like five to about 6 or 7 hits to kill him should only take about 4 for a regular solider

Originally Posted by Dtheawesome9010 Go to original post
    It does get easier but it is really tough in early stages of the game the dmg feels off when your weapons are a lvl lower than you but the same lvl as the enemy and even if they are not brutes it takes like five to about 6 or 7 hits to kill him should only take about 4 for a regular solider

I’ve mentioned in the past that I played for about 21 hours during launch week before realizing I just wasn’t having fun with the combat system and level scaling. I loved exploring, was excited about the story, and was just getting... bored? with the combat.

At what point would you say it gets more fun, or about how many hours to have access to full abilities that let you do damage where you aren’t button mashing or running away from fights?

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo Go to original post
    I’ve mentioned in the past that I played for about 21 hours during launch week before realizing I just wasn’t having fun with the combat system and level scaling. I loved exploring, was excited about the story, and was just getting... bored? with the combat.

At what point would you say it gets more fun, or about how many hours to have access to full abilities that let you do damage where you aren’t button mashing or running away from fights?
    roughly around level 30 if you place them in the right spots after I got my OP attack i had an easier time still sucked tho