View Poll Results: Should Ubisoft Quebec implement AC Origin's enemy level scaling: add it as an option?

Voters
597. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

530 88.78%
  • No

67 11.22%

Thread: Forced enemy level scaling | Forums

BogPeasant420's Avatar Member

Forced enemy level scaling

Why is this not an option? Why are we forced to deal with enemies at our level??
     57 people found this helpful

Just so you know, this punishes us for trying to overlevel in any leveled area on the map. I wanted to be able to defeat the starting mercenary at a higher level with better gear, but no. HE SCALES WITH ME. S C A L E S. And this is not an option, it's MANDATORY.

Don't make this another TES IV: Oblivion. You can be better than this. Origins did it, Odyssey should do it. Remove the level scaling. Immediately, and make it an option in the gameplay menu.
     25 people found this helpful

Lysette88's Avatar Senior Member
    My guess is - and I have heard that in videos - that an enemy a level higher than you is already pretty hard to kill. If the same is true for a player, that he would easily be able to kill someone a level lower and would have pretty much no risk with it for himself, then it is understandable, that enemy scaling is mandatory. I guess that is a consequence of a very steep progression curve.
     2 people found this helpful

My approach will be to meet this mercenary near a cliff - lure him towards it's edge, go around him and kick him off the edge - maybe try this.

If this is true, why is it a chore and a nightmare to be able to kill an enemy at my level? I play on Nightmare to get the best possible combat experience but all it does is ramp up their health and their damage with no additional benefits for us, the player. I hate bullet sponges as much as the next guy. This literally is just another Oblivion. TES community HATES forced enemy scaling, it's why we have mods that remove that. Why tf did Ubisoft have to do this to Odyssey? If we want a challenge, make it a ******* option in the gameplay menu. I want to play a RPG, not a chore.
     14 people found this helpful

timpbader's Avatar Senior Member
    This is a MAJOR PROBLEM for people that want to play as archer/assassins.
     27 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by timpbader Go to original post
    This is a MAJOR PROBLEM for people that want to play as archer/assassins.
    Exactly. This is what I mean. We get trashed by scaled enemies because our gear is ****. Enemies at our own level. OUR LEVEL. Are destroying us, this is why I try to overlevel, but then I notice bandits are at my level again.
     7 people found this helpful

Yeah, I don't like it as well - but if the progression curve is really steep, then it makes actually sense. I expected it to be an option though and I will probably play on easy then, because I do not like enemy sponges - and the risk is a lot higher with enemy level scaling, when I want to keep my dead-is-dead game style. With scaling I might not be able to progress far in the game on normal with permadeath.

Edit: well, i really don't know yet, there seem to be abilities in the game which multiply your damage output a whole lot, and if enemies have too low health it would outright kill them with a single hit. I will have to play it first, to evaluate if that is good or not - not judging from the first 10 levels, but maybe when I will be around 15-20, I will know.
     1 people found this helpful

TaleraRis's Avatar Member
    Oh HELL no

The starting area, the TUTORIAL, is now MY CURRENT LEVEL. Are you serious? Idk, this game started off strong but now it's revealing some minor issues that need to be addressed. I don't want every zone on the map at level 50 by end-game. If you're gonna do this to us, make it an option like Origins did.
     16 people found this helpful