Yet another person with the same crash issues.
    I did beta for Crew2 and this was an issue then .. it was patched and the Crew 2 ran perfectly on my more than capable i7 950 @3.07GHz
    Origins ran just fine to .. it was never an issue getting Origins to run. I played it last week to finally finish the story before Odyssey released.

Here in Australia upgrading your CPU willy nilly isn't an option prices start at $250AU and climb quickly that's not to mention the new Motherboard and case.. the complete reinstall of Windows and games.. its simply not an option.
    Please look into patching Odyssey as you did The Crew 2 Ubisoft.
    I have long been a supporter and fan of your games but I refuse to spend some $1000 or more just to play 1 game.

Wow really. Unplugged my HOTAS and voila it will now at least load to the menu. Haven't tried any further as I have to go to work
     2 people found this helpful

i7 970 Crashing on startup, runs every other game fine including Origins :\

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello everyone. I am very sorry to hear that you all are having difficulties with crashing in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. After looking through this thread I have the following recommendations. Please let me know if they help:

Please roll back to the 411.63 driver if you are using the 411.70 driver. I have seen reports that this has helped other users with being able to access the game.

If you are on a laptop please make sure your computer is running Assassin's Creed Odyssey using the dedicated GPU rather than the integrated GPU.

Please unplug any peripherals on your PC other than mouse and keyboard as there may be conflicts.

Please see if changing the game to windowed mode lets you play. To do this locate C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Assassin's Creed Odyssey\ACOdyssey.ini

Edit the file and make the following change: WindowMode = 1. Then save the file and start the game.

Please let me know if this does not help. Please also know that these crashes are being looked into regardless of the efficacy of these steps.

For Xbox users: Please try our Xbox troubleshooting and let me know if the issue persists.

Hi!
    I chance to 411.63, edit the ini and have only mouse and keyboard on my pc.
    i install the game to c and do many other tips from the forum(s)...

...but i have a i7-920 cpu….and a ticket since 02.10 open...

greetings from a very satisfied customers

No luck for me after trying above unfortunately!
    However I also have a first gen i7 920 and that seems it could be the issue based on other posts.

So on a youtube vid q guy have the same system as me I ask him how he could play the game with out any crashing he told me try to set it on 900p so that what I am going to try when I am home. Maby it works if it works I will let you guys now.
     1 people found this helpful

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Please note that the i7-920 did not meet processor requirements before and after we clarified that only second generation intel processors or later are supported. The requirements were not changed.

Sorry to contradict you but yesterday afternoon you added to the page of technical requirements the minimum generations and processors that work with your game.

This in countries of the European Union is called SCAM, why? you allowed the purchase of units without establishing the exact technical requirements of microprocessor architecture. This is as if you advertise that the game works on computers without specifying whether for Mac or PC and once you have sold units and people try, you change the page and put that only for PC.

One thing is the minimum technical requirements (which does not mean incompatibility, just means PERFORMANCE) and another is NOT to publish that the processors need a set of instructions to operate (as well established with SSE 4.1 Support or higher required)

I'm sorry, but it's the last time I trust Ubisoft.

Bye Bye Ubisoft
     9 people found this helpful

@UbiGabbin

My i7-920 runs well with 3.8Ghz. And with a 1080ti in 4k runs good. Forza4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, BF5 Beta - all good in 4k. AC Origins too.
    Why is Ubisoft the only company that does this now?
    And when I pre-ordered, the requirements looked quite different. They were changed in the last days after the 2.10.
    If nothing changes at the current state and there is no return possible, I will only order in the future via Steam-because you can easily return in 2h the Game. I am still waiting for the pending support Response.
     6 people found this helpful