FredEx919's Avatar Community Manager

State of Balance - Season 6

Hello everyone,

While we were a bit late for this one, I wanted to share our latest State of Balance: Season 6 recap. It's meant to give you insights into the data behind the scenes, and hear directly from the team how they see things, balance-wise.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en...season-6-recap

The Season 7 recap should come much sooner after the season end. Thanks, and comment below with your thoughts!
     1 people found this helpful

Where's the detailed graph for 4v4 win rates it's just the overall winner rates?

Balance needs to be looked at across the board... I don't want to get into how you're all looking at the data wrong. Look at 1v1, for example, and look at Nobushi. She's a hybrid, with low percent win rate. You fixed your bug that you say affected the numbers, though no one really thinks that was the problem anyway. Why aren't you looking at Nobushi then? She's not an assassin, so supposedly benefitted from the bug, but is still at the bottom? Can't you ****ing see how wrong that is?

Yikes. Peacekeeper literally at the bottom. Great rework! Meanwhile, Conq and Kens up top as expected. Surprised Warden and Zerk aren't higher, but I don't know how much to trust this data.

EDIT: Not a PK apologist necessarily, something needed to be done for sure. But NO HERO should have a 41% win rate. What a joke.

On the Aramusha I don't know how much of it is weakness vs problems with his design. His strength especially at mid/low is the ease in which he's able to feint attacks into other attacks. As you climb ranks you cant rely on this quite as much as people are more patient making it hard to "get in". Another thing that would be interesting to have statistics on is how often his multiblock is effectively used per match. The short window to use it makes it compete with just flat out parrying which in some cases is less punishable. Add to injury that parrying attacks reap generally better rewards than his multiblock attacks. I think this is one of the most concerning things, if you make use of half his kit your playing him wrong. At least that's been my perception from playing and listening to top players. I am less concerned with how weak he is vs how imbalanced his strength is across his kit. He becomes more boring to play the better my opponent becomes as i'm reduced to less and less options it feels I don't have that feeling on other characters I play to near the same degree.

So nothing about the warlord......

EvoX.'s Avatar Senior Member
    How is this correct? The graph is made in accordance to results from the top 2.5% of players, yet Centurion has the third highest win rate? BS. Everybody in the average percentages counters him effectively, everybody in the 2.5% should stomp him effortlessly.

Other stuff like Shugo and Aramusha being above the likes of Orochi and Zerk makes this even more mind-boggling.

Honestly, would like to see the stats of console and PC separately.

1. Saying a character with 51% is above curve while 6 of them are between 51% and 49% is a blatant misunderstanding of basic statistics and variance rules.

2. Do you even consider that a few of those percent come from under powered characters like PK that artificially increase the win rate of all the others when they naturally lose against them ? Basically, remove PK and look at your stats. 3 characters will be in the top, the rest way below 50%. (including Shugo, Lawdaddy etc)

3. Is it satisfactory to have 70% to 30% win rates depending on the characters and still do ... nothing !? Is it satisfactory to have a PK rework turning it from the most OP to the most UP fighter and not doing anything about it for 2-3 seasons ?

4. Getting to it and to the rhythm of updates: 3 months to acknowledge a problem, 3 months to confirm it, 3 months to cook a minor change = 9 months to wait to get a change. Are they really that out of touch in the dev team, Mr. Pope ?

5. This game is dying because it promotes cheesy gameplay and bug abuses (roll, unlock, etc). We're still back at only 3,000 players on Steam because everyone left again. Same problems for 18 months, same no change policy. The dev team is lazy and doesn't know what makes this game fun or not.

6. That dev blog post was so depressing to read. Nothing to announce, wait and see.

7. You guys don't see the problems in the game. Basically, you have no clue... that you have no clue !

8. Please don't mix PC with console stats, that's obvious that it will screw up the whole data and it means nothing in the end.
     2 people found this helpful

ChampionRuby50g's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by EvoXTalhante Go to original post
    How is this correct? The graph is made in accordance to results from the top 2.5% of players, yet Centurion has the third highest win rate? BS. Everybody in the average percentages counters him effectively, everybody in the 2.5% should stomp him effortlessly.

Other stuff like Shugo and Aramusha being above the likes of Orochi and Zerk makes this even more mind-boggling.
    So I watched a video in which Spliced was saying they used all of the data, including new players which obviously have no idea about the heroes and it would completely skewer the stats. This must be what’s happened here. Actually does look like the reason the post took so long was damage control from Ubisoft’s team to try and make a sh1t situation look better. They still failed. A mass exodus and condemnation of this game is happening online now, and it’s about time. Maybe Ubisoft will finally realise they are out of touch with the community, and address it on the den. I doubt it though.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►