GR Wildlands crashes in inventory menue

Hey everybody.

I own the game since yesterday. I have an Ausus MB, Intel i7 7700, 16GB Ram and a Nvidia RTX 2080. I can play everything at maximum setting. However, the game crashes every time I go to the inventory menu. Not in map mode and not in achievements or other. Only in the inventory menu. So I can not customize or change a weapon. I have already installed the game twice. All other games run without problems (DOOM, RotTR, etc). Does somebody has any idea? Otherwise, I have to reverse the purchase, the game is really fun and looks stunning. Everything works fine. But only the crashes to windows when i try to open my inventory. And there is no crashreport or else. Nothing. No hints why it crasches. Now i istall it the third time.

Shell i reduce the graphics or is it a known issue? I need to be able to customize my equipment. :-)

Thank you for your help!!

Best regards

GiveMeTactical's Avatar Banned
    When you say install twice, have you just uninstall it or install it on top of the old install? Did you fully uninstall it? get rid of the remnants of the game? Did you check in the Tech Forum? I really have not heard of that issue but it does not make it any less real for you.

There was some talk about the game having issues with PCs with 16GBs of RAM but I assume that was fixed a long time a go as well.

Do you have the latest drivers for Audio and video?

Have you patched the game to the latest version?

Clean the game install, install again but go in Offline mode instead... that uPlay Sync Cloud Crap they have suck big donkey balls, my game got screwed after the first 2 times I was playing live.

Good luck

Hi,

thank you for the comment. I got all the latest drivers. I did one overinstall and one clean install. It worked for a short time. I switched off Tem AA down to FXAA. That worked. When I started again, the problem was back again. Even on FXAA or AA off. That sucked... I reinstalled the Nvidia driver. I saw some flickering in the menue when it worked a few times.

But mayby you are right and it is some internet connection issue. I am totally pissed off, because i bought a new GPU (RTX 2080, have a new gaming machine and a 50inch screen as monitor. All the other games are running fine.

Ill try the offline thing and come back again.

THX for help. And is there any option, that i can get my money back? I bought the game on friday.

Best regards

EDIT:

I tried the flightmode. No Internet connection. And it worked. After reaching my outpost, i activated the internet to save my prgression. So. No Nvidia issue but an internet connection issue via UPLAY. In game press win-key, deactivate the internet, play and after the mission, press win-key and activate internet for saving.

Thats it

GiveMeTactical's Avatar Banned
    for all the money their charge for half assed crap one would think their own interface would suck less but oh well... glad you sorted it out.

RTX280 huh... I wonder how much better and faster than my 1050ti yours is LOL

I came here looking for help with this bug, and what do you know, I also just bought an RTX2080, and suddenly: crashes in the inventory screen and nowhere else. So while turning off internet is a workaround, my eyebrow is up about the graphics card and driver being an underlying cause.

Kane_sg's Avatar Senior Member
    Good news is: the game is installed internally in your HDD. When you are in the Inventory menu, it doesn't sync anything from server or does it have anything to do with internet connection. Everything is loaded and processed from your own machine.

So it has something to do with your hardware or hardware firmware that may be incompatible or unable to process something from the tasked software - as usual in any kind of software. And likewise, the software itself may have incompatibility with a certain hardware that cause un-optimal run that leads to visual glitch or crash.

It's not about how expensive and high level your rig is. I work with low-medium spec laptop to run heavy application. So I expect anyone with funky-named hardware in their custom PC to know more than I am at this point, especially about the software (in this case, video games) that you are running.

Now to reflect on other system, PS4 fan sometimes work harder while in inventory menu. In Narco Road DLC where menu releases a lot of more bokeh particle and smoke, PS4 works even harder to render that, causing the fan to run louder and quickly grow hotter. So that's that.

Originally Posted by GiveMeTactical Go to original post
    for all the money their charge for half assed crap one would think their own interface would suck less but oh well... glad you sorted it out.

RTX280 huh... I wonder how much better and faster than my 1050ti yours is LOL
    Hi,

Yeah. Thank U. I also hate the compelling software like (uplay, origin, blizzard etc) U HAVE TO keep running in background to play the game properly. Its full of advertisement and in game popups and unknow background data transfers while gaming. hmmm

I play it all on maximum. 1920/1080 (max res of my 50inch TV in my private office I use es PC monitor)(And I did not try on 4k on my samsung tv) with average 80fps with my RTX 2080 and it looks incredible. The reflections, sunlight, shadows, environment... nice.

Originally Posted by Kane_sg Go to original post
    Good news is: the game is installed internally in your HDD. When you are in the Inventory menu, it doesn't sync anything from server or does it have anything to do with internet connection. Everything is loaded and processed from your own machine.

So it has something to do with your hardware or hardware firmware that may be incompatible or unable to process something from the tasked software - as usual in any kind of software. And likewise, the software itself may have incompatibility with a certain hardware that cause un-optimal run that leads to visual glitch or crash.

It's not about how expensive and high level your rig is. I work with low-medium spec laptop to run heavy application. So I expect anyone with funky-named hardware in their custom PC to know more than I am at this point, especially about the software (in this case, video games) that you are running.

Now to reflect on other system, PS4 fan sometimes work harder while in inventory menu. In Narco Road DLC where menu releases a lot of more bokeh particle and smoke, PS4 works even harder to render that, causing the fan to run louder and quickly grow hotter. So that's that.

OK! THX for your post. - But:

I play games since 1992. I am 39. I have an IT based job for the government.I know how to get games running and to investigate bugs. You can trust me. I tried it many times. No matter what detail level or AA level but when i am in the game:

1. I wait for autosaving
    2. go to win and enter flight mode
    3. can enter the inventory screen without problems
    4. play my mission and go to savehouse
    5. enter win and leave flight mode
    6. wait for autosaving and leave the game

That works by 100%.

I dont care, what might be possible and what not. I only tell U MY OWN EXPERIENCE!.

I love that game and I was disapointed because of the bug. But I found a way to handle it. My System is all new and running wihtout ANY OTHER bug-issues in any other games.

Maybe ubi is troubleshooting this issue.

It might be some nvidia bug. But i cannot explain the how this is connected to the internet. I did not install nvidia experience.

Actually it works by playing offline. Still I did not check the bug in coop or other online gaming.

Ill give reports

THX to all of U for Your support.

UbiInsulin's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by ceejbot Go to original post
    I came here looking for help with this bug, and what do you know, I also just bought an RTX2080, and suddenly: crashes in the inventory screen and nowhere else. So while turning off internet is a workaround, my eyebrow is up about the graphics card and driver being an underlying cause.
    Hmm. So that's two 2080s with the issue. Thanks for that info!

X-_'s Avatar Junior Member
    I also have an RTX2080 (FE). Same issue. Crashes on the inventory menu in SP and MP, in particular when I'm scrolling down the weapons list.

Preemptively showboating just in case somebody asks:

RTX2080
    16GB 3000 RAM
    i7 8700
    970 EVO

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... Last ►►