Thread: Any counter to Level 3 Manbearpig + Pope Timmy? | Forums

As I said if they do not have purify then they will save pope for SNR. Not saying that there are no ways to beat really bad mystic players. However it is not a strategy that will pan out enough to be considered a counter.

ZoddUber's Avatar Junior Member
    I usually summon the kyle gunslinger and some tank, to hold as units. When a skill of the kyle gunslinger finally loads, I quickly summon rats, gnomes and if possible more 1 killer or fighter, enquato active the skill kyle. This quickly melts the HUP.

That is the point you get smacked with AoE, a few second delay and the pope timmy mbp combo. Then of course your out of energy.

mitchconnor09's Avatar Banned
    I usually throw out alien clyde, poison him, let him beat up zen cartman, put 2 assassins on him, kill him, he summons pope timmy, brings mbp back, i yell " go to hell you gd mbp" and spontaneous combust him. Otherwise you're f'd in the a

DarthCh3f's Avatar Member
    Get a level 5 lightning bolt and kill Pope Timmy immediately. That's a two point energy swing your way which you can use earlier to kill the ManBearPig. Always put a swarm unit on the farm side of MBP after it aggros another unit so when they drop the inevitable assassin, it is slowed down when it has to kill each one individually.

You do tank (or beefy fighter) to aggro MBP, swarm, low cost assassin, LB vs MBP, assassin, Pope Timmy
    which should be
    13-15 vs 15-16

LB is not a reliable counter. Small amounts of latency on either player botches it. You can target PT with a LB when the unit is still not visible but starting the spawn animation and if there is just a few 10s of MS on the latency and his war cry will go off. PTs war cry animation is very quick. Not to mention if he gets it off you are worse off. 4 energy to kill a ranged unit leaving a MBP on the field. The tank swarm assassin will work nicely on the 1st MBP but the second will destroy you.

You can also expect a medusa to eat your swarm card since it is the only counter without running mystic or fantasy.