1. #1

    Parry mechanics need to be changed when getting ganged up on.

    You know how many times I've been screwed over after getting a multi parry while I'm getting ganked by 2 or more people? Too many times.

    I would be facing off against multiple enemies and one or two of them would just need one more hit before their dead, right? Sure enough, one of them throws an attack out and I get a parry but as SOON as I'm able to capitalize on it another one of them throws an attack out and my character switches positions so they can do the parry animation on them and I either attack them because the game is responding to late to my button input that was meant for the first guy I parried, or it cancels my attack completely after the parry animation is over because the attack input was read during the animation and no one is dead except for me...

    I think what would help remedy this problem is if it was changed so that if you parry multiple enemies at once, the guy you are locked on to will get stunned and you can capitalize on them while the rest of your opponents that you parried will just bounce off you like what happens when you try to guard break someone and they attack you, or when both of you attempt a guard break at the same time.

    Something along those lines...
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Charmzzz's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,978
    So basically you want a defence advantage when being outnumbered. No.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Charmzzz Go to original post
    So basically you want a defence advantage when being outnumbered. No.
    I would think it would be only fair since you got the parry fair and square and especially since you're getting ganged up on already, you get to capitalize on it, just on one guy like I said in my post. You should not get punished for parrying someone or multiple people. I want the correct reward for getting a parry like you do in anywhere else in the game, not a defense advantage, don't generalize my point.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Charmzzz's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,978
    Originally Posted by Mighty_Mackerel Go to original post
    I would think it would be only fair since you got the parry fair and square and especially since you're getting ganged up on already, you get to capitalize on it, just on one guy like I said in my post. You should not get punished for getting parrying someone or multiple people. I want the correct reward for getting a parry like you do in anywhere else in the game, not a defense advantage, don't generalize my point.
    I dont generalize. You want to have a mechanic which gives you an advantage when you are outnumbered to get your parry reward. But being outnumbered and enemies doing the right thing is a disadvantage for you, and it should be one. For sure you should get punished for running into 2-4 enemies, even when an enemy joins the fight. They do it right, you do it wrong. They have advantage due to smart play.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    If you're outnumbered, you're not going to be able to capitalise on those kinds of opportunities. What you should do is come to terms with the fact that you're outnumbered and are likely to die. In other words, chill and accept your fate. I must admit, I get annoyed at times when I'm being ganked, unless I'm drunk. If I've had a drink I just chill and block everything I can and try to pick off the guy I'm locked onto as best I can while still defending. I've just realised that drunk me is much better that this game than sober me.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Charmzzz Go to original post
    I dont generalize. You want to have a mechanic which gives you an advantage when you are outnumbered to get your parry reward. But being outnumbered and enemies doing the right thing is a disadvantage for you, and it should be one. For sure you should get punished for running into 2-4 enemies, even when an enemy joins the fight. They do it right, you do it wrong. They have advantage due to smart play.
    Multiple enemies wildly attacking you over and over again at once instead of strategically and carefully planning out and executing timed attacks is smart play and doing the right thing but me timing correctly and taking advantage of their mistakes by getting a proper parry is not smart play and doing the wrong thing? "They do it right, you do it wrong?" I don't understand that. Asking for the correct reward for getting a parry correctly is not asking for an advantage mechanic, it is asking for the correct mechanic that is supposed to happen when you get a parry like anywhere else in the game. That is what I am getting at, but you missed that because of your generalization. If my solutions that I presented are too much and are the things that are what is giving this advantage mechanic that you are talking about, fine, scrap those ideas... but how about at the very LEAST then just giving a split second of hyper armor during the parry animation in lieu of extra parry animations so that way you at least get a CHANCE to capitalize on the parry on that one dude you're locked on to. Surely that is reasonable. I only think the multiple parry animation should only happen during revenge mode but that's only because everyone gets knocked down afterwards and you definitely are given the time to capitalize on at least one person. You talk about giving a defense advantage when revenge mode is the biggest perpetrator of that; you literally are given a huge advantage for being a turtle against multiple enemies, that is the thing you should be upset about if I am understanding your point correctly. I suppose you could then argue my point then by saying that waiting for revenge to fill up is the smart thing to do and parrying while you're not in revenge mode is not the smart thing to do, but that still inherently punishes you for preforming a punishing mechanic onto enemies who wildly keep swinging at you and reinforces the defense/turtle meta that everyone keeps saying they want to get rid of...

    I understand you're at a disadvantage as you well should be when you're outnumbered, but putting you even more at a disadvantage by doing the right and smart thing by parrying your enemies when they are stupidly and wildly swinging at you all at once? Seems kind of unreasonable to me. Yes, gankers should get rewarded for being smart and doing the right things but don't punish the person being ganked for also being smart and doing the right things.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by DefiledDragon Go to original post
    If you're outnumbered, you're not going to be able to capitalise on those kinds of opportunities. What you should do is come to terms with the fact that you're outnumbered and are likely to die. In other words, chill and accept your fate. I must admit, I get annoyed at times when I'm being ganked, unless I'm drunk. If I've had a drink I just chill and block everything I can and try to pick off the guy I'm locked onto as best I can while still defending. I've just realised that drunk me is much better that this game than sober me.
    If that is truly what the devs want us to do and feel by taking away a mechanic that allows you to capitalize for just a split second on an opportunity that is parrying, then that is something that truly saddens me since getting outnumbered and ganked is what typically happens most in Dominion mode, and at the current moment it is the only mode I can play often as no one else is playing the other modes.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Mighty_Mackerel Go to original post
    If that is truly what the devs want us to do and feel by taking away a mechanic that allows you to capitalize for just a split second on an opportunity that is parrying, then that is something that truly saddens me since getting outnumbered and ganked is what typically happens most in Dominion mode, and at the current moment it is the only mode I can play often as no one else is playing the other modes.
    We're all in the same boat pal. I don't like being ganked any more than anybody else but that's what Dominion is and as you point out, it's by far the most popular mode and I'm on PC which has a playerbase of about 10. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Breach, simply because you can sort of avoid ganks by going wherever the gank squad are not and capturing points or clearing minions, both of which have actual value in the game. If Dominion changed the boosting values to +4 from +1 like it was in Infernal, this would improve the game massively. During the Infernal Dominion event I was top of the leaderboard in 95% of games. Not because I'm some godlike death machine, simply because I spent my time boosting zones and boosting zones in Infernal Dominion was worth something both to the team and to you.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by DefiledDragon Go to original post
    We're all in the same boat pal. I don't like being ganked any more than anybody else but that's what Dominion is and as you point out, it's by far the most popular mode and I'm on PC which has a playerbase of about 10. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Breach, simply because you can sort of avoid ganks by going wherever the gank squad are not and capturing points or clearing minions, both of which have actual value in the game. If Dominion changed the boosting values to +4 from +1 like it was in Infernal, this would improve the game massively. During the Infernal Dominion event I was top of the leaderboard in 95% of games. Not because I'm some godlike death machine, simply because I spent my time boosting zones and boosting zones in Infernal Dominion was worth something both to the team and to you.
    I agree one hundred percent. In the meantime, I'm gonna follow your advice and just get drunk, hehe.
    Share this post