Ships, boats and trade

In S2 I had a lot of fun colonising different islands. Can you tell us something about the way ships will be used? Will we get military ships? Will we get boats to make waterways? And are there going to be options to make land colonies via trade carts or something?

I like seeing a lot of ships sailing and carts riding around.

Water and Rivers

Will there be running rivers in the game? It would be interesting to see them as a geographical challenge (bridges etc) and as a resource (fish, water wheels, mills)

Tall vs Wide

A fun part for strategy games to me is building tall instead of going wide. Is it possible to make a small elite village, based on trade and research/upgrades? Is there a big intended difference between going tall or wide?

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Community Representative
    As you probably noticed we had two FAQs shortly after gamescom to answer some of the most pressing questions we got.
    We're planning on another FAQ, answering some more questions, and want to thank you for posting even more here.Apologies if we didn't answer your specific question yet, with devlopment being in progress some things aren't final yet or still likely to change.
    And some topics, like "building upgrades"are going to have their dedicated blog

Small spoiler: There are upgrades and therefore the option to build "tall instead of going wide"
    And I can also answer Fritz_'s question: No always-on requirement for The Settlers.
     1 people found this helpful

Plz plz plz, answer this question.

Will you release a map editor?

A map editor is absolutely necessary for this game.
    It will greatly increase the longevity of the game.

bonjour pour the settlers 2 je trouve sa dommage que vous ayez enlevé la case option dans le menu du jeux pourtant présent dans l original et qui permet entre autre de changer la résolution du jeux car la impossible de passé en mode 1920x1080 cela aurait été un changement bien vu pour une réédition du jeux car pourtant disponible dans the settlers 2 10 ème anniversaire et je suppose que le problème est aussi pour the settlers premier du nom donc si cela pouvait venir avec une mise a jour ce serait top merci

As we can see in the trailer the lands are looking quit small. We don;'t want that Please create large / gigantic maps for the new Settlers with many possibilities, such as a giant Armys as in part 3 or 4. Many fans refer to part 3 or 4. I hope that there is something for everyone, but also for the old loyal fans .