Thread: Developer Update: A Second New Card Appears | Forums

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: A Second New Card Appears

Hey everyone! It’s Toller, and I’ve got the latest news for South Park:Phone Destroyer. It's time for another Developer Update!

THIS WEEK

This week we have info on the latest Challenge Update and the Weekend Event, as well as a finalized date for the “Welcome Back to Legendary” packs!

CHALLENGE MODE

This week’s Challenge Mode will be the Headhunter Challenge! It’s time to get out your best Dougie, because all headhunter cards will deal double damage, at the cost of having half their usual health. Good luck out there!

YOUTH PASTOR CRAIG EVENT

You didn’t really think we’d release one without the other, did you?

Youth Pastor Craig has followed after Imp Tweek, and he’s ready to be added to your deck! This new Rare card will be a 3 cost unit, and is able to block the spell casting ability of New Kids. Best of luck finding him in our Weekend Event!

This weekend’s event will run from Friday(UTC) to Monday(UTC).

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 10
    2 40
    3 90
    4 170
    5 260
    6 410
    7 600
    8 925

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 330
    2 950
    3 4125
    4 9000
    5 15000
    6 22500

DEVELOPER STREAM

The week the Developer Live Stream returns to FRIDAY at 9:15 AM PST/12:15 PM EST! Come hang out with ThatDarnSteve”, and ItsJustBuck , with me chilling in the chats of both the Twitch stream and on Facebook. We’d love it if you’d stop by and say hello! There will be gameplay fun, questions and answers, and all the Youth Pastor Craig giveaways I can fit into two hours!

Last, but not least, I have heard from our Development team that the confirmed date for the “Welcome Back to Legendary” packs is this coming Friday, so keep an eye out for them!

That’s all the news I have for now. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us. We love hearing from our players!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
    Toller🐶, Steve🚀 and Buck🦌

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

I’m looking forward to seeing Youth Pastor in action. It’s great to see that he’s a 3 energy cost unit and I hope to see him on the weekend.

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed about Imp Tweek. Robo/Bloodelf Bebe, Bounty Hunter Kyle, Terence and Philip – during the events that released these cards I saw them being used often and almost immediately. Not once did I see the new Tweek during the event and I played a lot – got all my solo packs well before the event ended.

What is it with Tweek? In the show Tweek is not a tough guy, but he's interesting. Making him a weak unit with some interesting features works. But why is he so expensive? I love the gameplay of Imp Tweek. Swapping units is such an interesting idea but why is he 5 energy cost? More expensive than Token who can take out several units? Hookhand who can take out one unit, then is still a strong unit but costs only 3? Or 3 energy BHK who makes everyone stronger and tougher? Imp has a random, one off ability, his move is slow and can be countered in time, then he’s weak even at level 3 and yet he costs 5 energy. Now that epics are great – as they should be – I think he was disappointing. Sorry about the complaint. I’m just wondering if you consider revising his costs?

But I’m looking forward to the new Craig. I doubt that I’ll have enough energy to use Tweek and Craig together but let’s see.

I can't wait to get Craig! Yay!

Please put coins in the reward packs for this event. It is horrible when the events only have pvp tickets and cash. Please put coins and cash or coins cash and pvp tickets in the solo and team rewards for the event

Originally Posted by buddyguy88 Go to original post
    Please put coins in the reward packs for this event. It is horrible when the events only have pvp tickets and cash. Please put coins and cash or coins cash and pvp tickets in the solo and team rewards for the event
    I prefer pvp tickets over coins because 2000 pvp tickets allows you to buy much more than 2000 coins in the Butters Shop and you can also buy epics with it. But offcourse both are nice to get. Out of coins,pvp tickets and cash, as I am currently a f2p player, I do like cash the most

The Shipping is Real

HOORAY! I'm so glad to see that Youth Pastor Craig is coming too! I love that you released them together (for the most part). It really makes the South Park fan in me happy. I was genuinely worried we wouldn't see Youth Pastor Craig for a good chunk of time. His ability seems really interesting. Seems like a powerful combo with all the strong epics and legendaries that usually get cleared by spells now. Actually that sounds like something scary and hard to deal with.... =S

We'll see! Either way I'm super happy to see him in the game finally! I've been waiting for him and am so excited.

DarthCh3f's Avatar Member
    You buy coins with pvp tickets einstein

Originally Posted by DaveyMcfly Go to original post
    So you have bounty hunter kyle who is a ******* 3 cost card who flies and has an insane ability and then you realease that sh it tweek card who is flying also but has a sh it ability and make it a 5 cost card?!??? How the hell do you people justify this? Running in the back room, chopping the head off a chicken to see on what number it lands? You people are a joke at what you do.
    Maybe you're just not using him properly.

With all these new cards added can deck sizes be increased?

You're right. I'm going to bet that they're eventually make him a 4 drop. His ability is interesting but unless he's really powerful at level 4 and I'm missing something his 5 cost is too prohibitive.