Revisiting Character Voices

Good evening, Ubisoft and forums,

This may be me beating a dead horse, but I will try again nevertheless. I noticed most characters only have one voice over regardless if they are on the enemy team, or your team. However, a few characters received special treatment and have two voice overs for big team game modes. This brings me to my next point. I love pretty much all of the character's PRIMARY voice acting in For Honor; you all did a great job with that. However, there are a couple characters where their secondary voice over was not done well in my opinion. Particularly the Law Bringer. Holden Cross' version sounds epic, Evan Buliung did an excellent job with the primary voice acting of the Law Bringer. Please have Holden Cross be the Law Bringer's only voice sound profile, and PLEASE get rid of his goofy secondary voice profile. Or have whoever did the voice acting for the second audio profile of the Law Bringer redo the voice acting for the secondary. It makes sense why you would give the character's secondary voice profiles when they are on the enemy team, to tell them apart right (or it was a data glitch)? Unfortunately, you did not do that for all of the characters. Since that is the case, please just remove the secondary voice profiles. Most of the primary voice acting sounds too cool to replace anyways. The female Bezerker is the exception, Siv (played by Amber Goldfarb) is her secondary voice, and that chick did an awesome job voice acting her, that should be the primary voice for the female Bezerker. You could make this change and leave it out of the patch notes if you want. The game can look and play great, but it has to sound great too! Please make these requests a reality, I'm begging you here, and thank you!

Dire
     1 people found this helpful

Stop trying,. nobody cares.

UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Diresins_PSN Go to original post
    Good evening, Ubisoft and forums,

This may be me beating a dead horse, but I will try again nevertheless. I noticed most characters only have one voice over regardless if they are on the enemy team, or your team. However, a few characters received special treatment and have two voice overs for big team game modes. This brings me to my next point. I love pretty much all of the character's PRIMARY voice acting in For Honor; you all did a great job with that. However, there are a couple characters where their secondary voice over was not done well in my opinion. Particularly the Law Bringer. Holden Cross' version sounds epic, Evan Buliung did an excellent job with the primary voice acting of the Law Bringer. Please have Holden Cross be the Law Bringer's only voice sound profile, and PLEASE get rid of his goofy secondary voice profile. Or have whoever did the voice acting for the second audio profile of the Law Bringer redo the voice acting for the secondary. It makes sense why you would give the character's secondary voice profiles when they are on the enemy team, to tell them apart right (or it was a data glitch)? Unfortunately, you did not do that for all of the characters. Since that is the case, please just remove the secondary voice profiles. Most of the primary voice acting sounds too cool to replace anyways. The female Bezerker is the exception, Siv (played by Amber Goldfarb) is her secondary voice, and that chick did an awesome job voice acting her, that should be the primary voice for the female Bezerker. You could make this change and leave it out of the patch notes if you want. The game can look and play great, but it has to sound great too! Please make these requests a reality, I'm begging you here, and thank you!

Dire
    It's really awesome to see how much of an interest you have in the dialogue in-game. Coming with the Marching Fire update, we plan on implementing a speech realization system to inject more personality into the heroes. While we don't have any additional details on to share just yet on how the system will act or if it will fully rectify some of the issues you have with the current voice lines, we'll be looking to show off more as we get closer to the release of Marching Fire.

Originally Posted by MuscleTech12018 Go to original post
    Come on man...

Thank you so much for the reply Jurassic, that is great news! I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to video games. The little things are usually the make or break deals for me when it comes to game immersion, so I pay particularly close attention to those overlooked details . Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

ChampionRuby50g's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MuscleTech12018 Go to original post
    You must be fun at parties. I for one can say I care about it too, and am looking forward to the new speech coming in October.
     2 people found this helpful

cool just read this thread...
    sound for me is huge...huge. i love the effects in this game. it was one of my biggest draws. the weapon and combat sounds...and the unique ambient sound effects in the various executions. the sounds on wardens executions are amazing. And the lawbringers impale. And that voice update coming shows the devs agree.

Nice graphics are great, but it's sound design that really immerses you into the world. Ubisoft games generally have fantastic sound design imo so shout out to the sound team.