Thread: AnnouncementIntroducing Shields | Forums

Ubi-Johan's Avatar Community Manager

Introducing Shields

Agents!

We are happy to introduce the newest feature to The Division with Update 1.8.2 - Shields! Found in the first tab of the Dossier, Shields are a group of unique commendations that reward both long term and new players for completing very specific challenges across The Division. The following four Shields will be the first available for you to earn with the launch of Update 1.8.2. Going forward, an additional Shield will become available every month for you to unlock.

• Shepherd - Unlock the Base of Operations
    • Avenger - Eliminate 10 Named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone, and 10 in West Side Piers
    • Deadeye - Complete all weekly High Value Targets
    • Hazard - Clear 25 landmarks in the Dark Zone

With every Shield unlocked, you will receive the following rewards:

• One Audio Log
    • One Patch with the relevant Shield Icon
    • One Shield Cache
      • One Exotic Weapon
      • Two Classified Gear Set pieces
      • 2,000 Phoenix Credits
      • 500 D-Tech
      • Three Cypher Keys
      • The Shields and the Patches are account wide, but the reward caches will be unlocked on the character completing the Shield itself.

The rewards do not stop in The Division, as unlocking Shields grants rewards in The Division 2! As Agents collect Shields, you will be placed in a tiered system. The more Shields earned in The Division, the higher the tier you reach, the more rewards you will receive in The Division 2. A higher tier grants players more rewards:

• Tier 1 - Weapon Skin
    • Tier 2 - Outfit and Patch
    • Tier 3 - Emote and Gear Dye
    • Tier 4 - Taunting Emote and Backpack Trophy

Shields will help you prepare for the next chapter in The Division and challenge yourself in new ways. Collect the Shields, listen to new Audio Logs, and sport new cosmetics in The Division 2!

/The Division Dev Team

I'm assuming these shields are base game only and not dlc specific. I don't want to miss out on these items just because i didn't pay another £30 for the season pass.

Especially with Division 2 right around the corner i see very little point for paying for extra modes at this point. I just hope i can complete all twelve Shields without having to pay for the ability to complete them.

Think a few of them from the reddit data mining thread said some survivor and underground based shields were involved but please do not hold me to that since it is data mining.

Ok thanks

m1crobra1n's Avatar Senior Member
    When will the July shield start ? Yesterday dossier showed 3 days to go and now it shows 8 days. Like what gives ?

Originally Posted by m1crobra1n Go to original post
    When will the July shield start ? Yesterday dossier showed 3 days to go and now it shows 8 days. Like what gives ?
    Noticed that too, curious to know what's doing.

Same her logged in last night to see the new shield and was not there I was sad

I just logged in & now there is no countdown to it, but it's still locked.

RushLoongHammer's Avatar Senior Member
    When is the shield open?
    I remember more than 2 weeks ago, it said 12 days and now there is no timer?