Thread: Trial Rising....OMFG!!! | Forums

Devils_Demon's Avatar Member
    Yeah I got you into Just Cause. Those were the days.
    Yeah I saw Burnout remastered. I intentionally avoided it because I don't want to ruin good memories.
    I'm a Trials guy now. Have been for the past 4 years. If you look closely at the reveal you can see my ugly face in the behind the scenes footage that they showed.

Yeah I hear you. I bought the game and played the 100% completion thing to my Elite license, did a little freeburn stuff, but like you probably surmised, the community isn't the same. Everyone, and I mean everyone, seemed to so feverishly be compiling the freeburn challenges, I got bored after a week or so. Every time I created a room or went into a room, all everyone wanted to do was challenges. All for ONE stupid car that I never even drove once I got the 400 challenges way back when. I may boot up the game again to see if people are still playing and not so focused on that one little facet of the game.

What do you mean your face is in the reveal? Were you at E3?

I guess he means that he is one of the 20 Players that are involved into the development ;-)

Yeah.

It's a mad coincidence to see ChiroVette here. Literally spent about 7 years chatting to him on a different forum. I was even moderator with him on the forum for a while. Then I leave the site, 10 years later I see his name pop up on a Trials forum (not only is Trials a very niche game but the forum is very small and kind of hard to find.) Small world indeed.
    To be honest Chiro, I know your style of video games and that you love a challenge, the Trials franchise is absolutely perfect for you. Easy to pick up and play but very... very hard to master. Be sure to look up videos by University of Trials on YouTube. He's great at explaining the different techniques required to get good at Trials.

Add me back on PSN too, be nice to see your name in the leaderboards.

I thought you were on my PSN list already? I will have to check, but I think you are still there, unless you deleted me. What forum did we co mod together, by the way? I seem to remember it was GTA San Andreas or GTA Social? If you aren't on my list I will definitely add you, but you will be disappointed. I don't go in for the whole leaderboard thing, and the only trophies I ever get are the ones I accidentally stumble on while playing games.

Oh and not sure about the "challenge" thing. To be honest, of late, probably as I get older, hard games just make me angry and I get bored and quit. I will definitely try out Trials Fusion, but the moment I have to start running races or challenges more than a few times to beat them, I'm probably done lol.

Pretty sure we modded the PS3 forum together back in the day. Think it was you, Red9 and me. Maybe we modded the GTAIV forum too, can't really remember.

Trials is one of those games that seems very shallow on the surface but is actually extremely deep if you dig a little deeper. You'll hit a skill ceiling once you hit the Hard tracks but stick with it. Once you get over that hump the game becomes a lot more fun. Tracks that once seemed impossible become a lot easier when you start to learn the more advanced techniques.

Originally Posted by Devils_Demon Go to original post
    Pretty sure we modded the PS3 forum together back in the day. Think it was you, Red9 and me. Maybe we modded the GTAIV forum too, can't really remember.

Trials is one of those games that seems very shallow on the surface but is actually extremely deep if you dig a little deeper. You'll hit a skill ceiling once you hit the Hard tracks but stick with it. Once you get over that hump the game becomes a lot more fun. Tracks that once seemed impossible become a lot easier when you start to learn the more advanced techniques.
    I think you're right, it was the Genital PS3 Forum, and as you said, for a little while, GTA: Snore. lol

I will definitely give it a shot. As far as the whole "shallow" thing goes, that has never really bothered me in racing games. You have to expect inherent limiting gameplay when you are STUCK on or in a vehicle for an entire game. Even Paradise, for all its fun, was limited in this way as well. As was one of my favorite racers, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix. It is what it is. And hey, the game was free. If after a few hours, I hit a wall and get bored, I still get my money's worth. Not to mention I fully intend to use this forum as a resource and to angrily and furiously vent my frustrations and ask for help. Plus, I will take you up on your Youtube suggestion as well.

On a side note: Is there ANY POINT where this forum stops asking me to enter the Image Verification when posting? OMG it is so annoying! Plus the orientation, caps and LC letters mean half the time I enter the wrong damned string! I am hoping after a certain amount of posts this sh*t stops!

CagBall's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ChiroVette Go to original post
    On a side note: Is there ANY POINT where this forum stops asking me to enter the Image Verification when posting? OMG it is so annoying! Plus the orientation, caps and LC letters mean half the time I enter the wrong damned string! I am hoping after a certain amount of posts this sh*t stops!
    This forum is awful. I think the image verification stops at around 10 posts, if I remember right. When the old forums were migrated some long time users were perma-banned for posting more that 10 videos a day.

Smeghead89's Avatar Senior Member
    Super exited about this, dont think i will bother applying for the beta i think i will just wait to fully experience the whole game on release. Looks amazing visually although i did see something that surprised me tbh, on one level there is a swinging pirate ship ride that is clearly made out of the monster skull object from fusions editor. I had hoped to see a whole set of new objects to build with which there is but i didn't really expect to see objects copied and pasted from the previous game especially after 4 years working on it

Smeghead89's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok i take it back, i just found out that they have implemented objects from fusion, evo, hd and even Blood dragon so there are over 8000 objects to choose from.... that is pretty insane, im even more hyped about this now