I am interested in making a website.preferably for free any suggestion's

I am interested in making a website.preferably for free any suggestion's

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Start doing online tutorials with HTML...best to learn the basics first. Then you need to think about getting some web space...some options are free with add support...others are pay for options.

A good idea would be to learn XHTML 1.0 and CSS straight off the bat. XHTML separates content from formating and the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) determines the formatting. Its not easy so you may need to work your way up...HTML is really flexible and you can get away with allot of bad code to make something work.

I've only made a few sites using in MS Front Page, basic (X)HTML code, or Dreamweaver.

Writing code is free as far as needing software, but you need some guidance in the form of a book to help out and it can be a hassle if your not into coding. (I don't like writing code myself and screw up syntax regularly.)

I've seen some sites online that give you templates to create a website, but even then you need a webhost, a way to upload everything with some sort of FTP software (File Transfer Protocol), and to register a domain name such as www.M4Sherman4.com. I'm betting you can get a webhost to do all that for you for whatever fees they charge.

Google webhosting and website templates and graphics.

Someone else will have to come along and tell you how they've done it since the webhost I deal with is CBeyond which provides the company I work for, phone, internet, and of course webhosting. I've never done my own personal site even though I've thought about it.

Good luck!

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    click on my links....the forum free hosting is awesome...Geocities is what it is...YET, for free and a first time try to learn by, who can beat it or the easy supplied pagebuilder tools.

RedToo's Avatar Senior Member
    This software is free and good for website design:

http://www.kompozer.net/

RedToo.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
    click on my links....the forum free hosting is awesome...Geocities is what it is...YET, for free and a first time try to learn by, who can beat it or the easy supplied pagebuilder tools. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats where I got my start...

Click View/source on this web page and look how the html is arranged and what it does.

I use Freewebs.com: FreeWebs
    It's easy to use and FREE! You can look at my website to get an idea of how mine looks. There are templates already made. Just pick one and start loading up your pics and edit the pages. Go here to see my website: CzechTexan Website

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually too.....You may find simply opening up a "free forum" first due to the fact they have a portal page (1st page somewhat to link you everywhere else like ours here... http://pfv78thsentai.freeforums.org/portal.php ).....That instead of starting with a website the forum the best way to start.