UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager

A Message to the Fans of Skull & Bones

Today we announced that Skull and Bones will release later than we initially anticipated. It’s never an easy decision to make and we wanted to give you more context behind it.

One year ago we proudly announced Skull and Bones at E3 2017. Since then, we’ve been hard at work developing Ubisoft Singapore’s vision of the pirate fantasy while looking very closely at the feedback we’ve received on our forums and social channels. That continued feedback is vital – we want to build a community that shares the same excitement we have for Skull and Bones.

Here in Singapore, this is our biggest game yet, and it is a project filled with immense passion. Many of us have been working on it for the last few years, and want to make this game right in order to achieve our ambition to deliver the ultimate pirate game set to thrill players at launch and for years to come.

Our goal remains as clear as ever: build a shared systemic open ocean that captures the essence of the pirate fantasy and is full of activities. We aspire to create a game where the act of attacking and robbing ships at sea -- and where every single decision you make -- requires you to carefully assess the risk versus reward.

We also are building a world rich in lore and stories, where you’ll come across memorable characters and have the canvas to create your own stories. Letting you set your own objectives and to take down your rivals on your own terms is key to the experience we want to create.

I’m excited and so proud of showing all of you at E3 2018 some of what the team has been hard at work on during the last twelve months. The opportunity to showcase more of our game and put it into your hands is one that both excites and humbles us. We can’t wait to hear what you think! Going forward we will continue sharing updates on our progress and taking your feedback into account. Meanwhile we encourage you to join the Keepers of the Code program or check out our Discord community where our devs are actively talking to players. We are looking forward to sailing with you all.

Thank you fellow Pirate Captains,
    Justin A. Farren
    Creative Director – Skull and Bones
     12 people found this helpful

Take the time you need to deliver a game that you're proud to share with pirates worldwide. I'll be looking forward to Ubisoft at E3 this year!

Cheers everyone!

~ Captain Jay
    The Crow's Nest
     6 people found this helpful

Honestly the game looks amazing.

The only thing that me and a lot of people want is the ability to explore islands on foot etc the same way you were able to do in ac4. Naval combat is great and all but I feel that if thats the only gameplay available then it might get boring quickly
     7 people found this helpful

Rather have a delayed launch than a bad one Keep up the good work guys!
     8 people found this helpful

Stainless001's Avatar Member
    Hey folks, I don't think any of us loyal Pirates are going anywhere

We're all excited to see what you guys have to show off at E3 and can't wait to see how the rest of the voyage of development unfolds!
     6 people found this helpful

Thank you for sharing the message. Looking forward to E3!

I’ll wait

I would rather wait and enjoy the game later than be disappointed now. Take your time and make it great!
     4 people found this helpful

Looking forward to what you are going to show at E3. Rushing to get out a product is never a good thing. Quality over quantity...
     3 people found this helpful

Waiting for E3 news and excited as I never been!!
    I'm happy about this announcement, better take your time and create a wonderful game than release it too soon and fail.
    I'm also a bit sad, I have to admit, cause I wanted really hard to play this game, but I'm sure that you will do a great game!
    Go ahead and have a good job!
     2 people found this helpful

Well crap. Hopefully we get some new features that wouldn't have been ready for the previous release date.