Thread: New Update - X Games Norway Season! | Forums

Originally Posted by Stefan2499 Go to original post
    Make it work with a multiplier. Platinum 3x the points. Gold 2x Silver 1x and Bronze 0.5x. ALSO: After around 3 minutes make a 0.25x, 6min 0.125x and so on.
    Cool idea I think
    But not discrete values like medals, let multiplier changes every millisecond. AND current points, multiplier and result should be always on screen, not only final score as now.

This scoring would greatly reduce players stopping in the same place because they would need to get the best medal to win. On most tracks, it means player will need platinum to win. They will have to be strategic about how to fit in as many flips while still posting a strong time.

It is very simple and solves many problems with current system.

The good news is that I won't lose as many tickets this season.

In all seasons it was easy (and designed) to quickly run through tickets on a single race, sometimes spending 20 in a few mins on a difficult track.

Now that runs are 4-5 minutes each, there's no more "ticket splurging in the last five minutes" -- I don't think the devs realized that people could (and would) spend 4-5 minutes on a run.

Was trying to reply to @CagBall

Time should come before flips, as this would stop people stopping on tracks to do flips in the same place.

clarx1's Avatar Member
    Oh God. A month of this nonsense. Need the tracks and chips for other new tracks so gotta keep playing but don't feel good when I win. Skill should be key and with the current system it still requires some skill but it's more a matter of will. Will be glad when I'm in the legends so I can just do one track most of the time.

How to take the fun away of the only place that kept the game alive all this years.. Well done!

NOBBYHOBSON's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by RupanSansei77 Go to original post
    How to take the fun away of the only place that kept the game alive all this years.. Well done!
    My thoughts exactly.

Now it's a battle of who is willing to spend the most time on the track, I'm against someone who is determined to win and has spent 5 minutes on each of the three races. In fact it's turned into who can get the most bored at playing.

Coins

I’m glad they’ve listened to feedback and updated so quickly. However, because finishing the tracks takes longer, the prizes are usually based on the bronze level, therefore winning provides you with very few coins - is there any way to fix that too?

I am really happy to see that you guys are attempting to improve this. I have to say though, I feel you have missed the point. Reducing what things are worth, does not change anything but the total value at the end of the run. Also, flipping in one spot, already dropped value significantly per flip, so that doesn't change much either. What needs to be done is a penalty on time, or raise the time bonus way up so that the longer the run, the less they can possibly get. Almost every complaint I have seen, is about people spending several minutes racking up points, and it is no longer a race, but who has the most free time. Make the ridiculous long runs hurt, and it would be a simple change. That will help the fastest, smoothest run with the tricks mixed in to it as the winner.

CaptainStealie's Avatar Banned
    😊👍🏼