Thread: Did the ending completely ruin the game for everyone else? | Forums

Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker Go to original post
    I really hope UBI is taking notes on how NOT to end a game.
    Well, considering FC4 started in this direction and people complained, and now FC5 is even further in this direction, I am not holding my breath.

I have decided to vote with my wallet.....I will wait until after release and see what they produce. If it is another ending like FC5 and similar story elements, it will be a pass. If they get their act together, I will buy it after release.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by modmcsupersport Go to original post
    Well, considering FC4 started in this direction and people complained, and now FC5 is even further in this direction, I am not holding my breath.

I have decided to vote with my wallet.....I will wait until after release and see what they produce. If it is another ending like FC5 and similar story elements, it will be a pass. If they get their act together, I will buy it after release.
    I'm with you on that!

The only explanation I can imagine is that the guys who designed the ending of FC5 have erectile disfunction and wanted everyone to see how it feels. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone because of the ending. Actually, I wish I could get my money back. I bought the DLCs too and I don't plan to even try them. FC3 was great, FC4 was great, FC5 was ruined by the ending. FarCry 6, nope, not buying until someone puts the ending on YouTube. Sad that I will have to watch a spoiler to make sure I even want to buy a game.

My biggest gripe is they made Joseph right.....

I think it would have been a bigger statement if they had let the ending play out, with Joseph saying and the "Seventh seal is broken!!" He falls to his knees and waits....nothing....then Whitehorse steps up, slaps the cuffs on him and you drag him off to Jail. Then the rest of the ending is Whitehorse talking to the Deputy about all the work it is going to take, and wondering if the town of Falls End will survive, and asking the Deputy how they are going to handle things being back to normal after the war they waged and if he/she would be ok??? Roll credits...

But that is me, some people actually like it, but I think it sets a bad example and story narrative, that it is ok to be so freakin evil if you are doing stuff for people's "Own Good!!" Because you could make an argument from this point of view, that a certain German leader was doing all the horrible things for HIS people's own good and that is ok.........yeah, NOT!!! EVIL IS NEVER OK!!!!
    They did not make Joseph right. His "prophecy" about "doomsday" turned out to be right. Not his actions.

Originally Posted by rabe277 Go to original post
    They did not make Joseph right. His "prophecy" about "doomsday" turned out to be right. Not his actions.
    Yeah, they made him right...that is my whole point. He states your actions will lead to destruction of the world, and you aren't fighting for the "good" side....and by the story, if it isn't all a bliss dream, then he was right. The world ended just as he stated, he didn't die just as he stated, he wasn't taken just as he stated, so everything basically happened exactly has he stated, so he was right. If he was right in this statements, then he was the "Chosen of God"....or touched by God, or any number of other things, but as a total aside, from all that, by making him right, you leave open the door to the argument that his actions were correct and you were wrong. This to me is the most abhorrent thing, in that by making him right, there is a slight justification to what he did. He committed Evil in the extreme, and by making him right in this story context, it leaves a crack in the door to "It was for the greater good" argument and you can even see people here on the forums actually saying this. The kind of evil Joseph enacted has no justification and is never ok and Ubi kinda hinted that yeah, it was cause he was right.....

Yeah, they made him right...that is my whole point. He states your actions will lead to destruction of the world, and you aren't fighting for the "good" side....and by the story, if it isn't all a bliss dream, then he was right. The world ended just as he stated, he didn't die just as he stated, he wasn't taken just as he stated, so everything basically happened exactly has he stated, so he was right. If he was right in this statements, then he was the "Chosen of God"....or touched by God, or any number of other things, but as a total aside, from all that, by making him right, you leave open the door to the argument that his actions were correct and you were wrong. This to me is the most abhorrent thing, in that by making him right, there is a slight justification to what he did. He committed Evil in the extreme, and by making him right in this story context, it leaves a crack in the door to "It was for the greater good" argument and you can even see people here on the forums actually saying this. The kind of evil Joseph enacted has no justification and is never ok and Ubi kinda hinted that yeah, it was cause he was right.....
    I am not sure, if my english is good enough for this topic, but iI will try to answer.

I agree with you on this point: Yes, the story tends to justify Joseph and the cult.

But I do not think, that the fact, that his prophecy was right, definitely makes him "hte chosen one". It could also have been coincidence, or as Jacob seed says in his last scene - if I remember correctly -: "I do not know, if he is talking to God, but I think he is right " (the way he sees/analyses the world/situation).

Nevertheless, I like the ending, because the only two alternatives, i could imagine, are totally boring.

First one would be the typical Hollywood ending: Hero kills the evil boss. Message: Violence pays off, and it's 'for the greater good', all problems "can be handled with a gun" (Whitehorse). Satisfying for you? Maybe for Jean Claude van Damme or Silvester Stallone. (Speaking of movies, I like it very much, how Peggy outfits look like the Droogs and how the Jacob Seed capture scene refer to A Clockwork Orange.)

Second: Open ending, no option for me.

There are many ways to spin the ending and not have Joseph right. In fact they, to a point, justify the actions of the Cult with that ending. My post you quoted, to me gave a better ending....Joseph is arrested, and then you have to see the effects of all the violence and see how to deal with it. It is much more powerful to me, to see the effects of your violence than to believe you are somehow responsible for North Korea(I think that is who they drafted to blow up the US) launching a nuclear strike on the US. And since they did destroy the US, you really don't see the effect of YOUR violence on the county where you spent so much time and effort. It also annoys me they use the ending and much of the game preaching to you about violence......yet offered ZERO choice about that violence if you wanted to play the game. If they had offered a peaceful solution, or stealth solution for more missions and only preached when you took the easier path of shooting everything, then I would understand, BUT Ubi made ONE path through the story of the game......and then preached at you for taking the ONE path they created. To my mind this these two issues are why FarCry 3 has a more powerful ending, because you see the effects of giving into violence with Citra ending and if you leave and "win" your character leaves ruminating on how he will fit back into society after doing all he did.

As far as it being coincidence....really, he falls to his knees and BOOM, nuke goes off....coincidence?? Yeah, that may have been possible if they had done it when you were driving off the Church grounds, or something similar but to have it done in the way they did....no, planned to make him right.

The more I have thought of it though, and played the DLC Mars....it is all a Bliss dream and Ubi will just chug along into the next one.