Ubi-Kay's Avatar Community Manager

Uplay Features 101

Are you new to Uplay? Don’t know where to start?
    It’s all good, we’ve got your back.

What is Uplay

Uplay is the 1-stop-shop for enjoying your Ubisoft games on PC. With it, you can manage your games, chat with your friends and quickly access to all kinds of cool stuff making life easier for you while you play. Below we’ll give you a quick run-down of some of the features we’ve got in our client that aim to make your time in Uplay as pleasant as can be.

Games

Games are the most important thing right? So let’s start there.

Library

Your library is probably the most important place in the client. I mean that’s why we’re all here, right? To play games? Well, this is where you’ll find them.

Here you can install your games, get an overview of what you own and keep up to date on the status of your upcoming games if you’ve pre-ordered them. If you’re the fussy kind and want a focused, ultra-clean library you can hide a game at any time by right clicking it and hiding it.

If you want more information on a game, you can click the tile and you’ll have a host of other info available to you.

Gamepage

This is where a lot of the magic happens, especially if you’re invested in your games and want to stay up to date with what’s going on around them. Here, you can also check your progress, grab yourself some cool goodies from the Ubisoft Club and there’s no doubt a bunch of other things here you can make use of.

• News - Game pages have their own news so you can keep up to date with what’s happening in that particular game.
    • Ubisoft Club - We have integrated the Ubisoft Club into the client so you can keep track of your Challenges and unlock cool content via the Rewards system.
    • Achievements - Most games will include achievements, so if you’re the achievement hunter type, you can track these here too.
    • Stats - Newer releases have begun implementing statistics for you to track your progress. Try not to obsess over that K/DR though, playing the objective is way more important.
    • Shop - If you need quick and easy access to more content for your favorite games you can quickly find this on your game page via the Shop tab.

Shop

Speaking of the shop, if you’re looking to pick up the latest and greatest games or even some old classics you can do that via accessing our broader embedded Shop which can be done via the Shop tab at the top of the client.

News

If you want to keep up to date on the latest happenings within Ubisoft games and other cool things making headlines around PC gaming, then our News page is the place to be. It’s updated regularly so make sure to check in every now and then to see what’s going on. It’s a good place to see if we have any deals in the Shop too.

Friends

Some games aren’t complete without friends to play them with, so we’ve made sure that you have easy access to each and every one of them. You can see who’s online and who’s in-game. Depending on the game they’re playing you can even see what they are doing, be it hitting the slopes in Steep or taking back New York in The Division.

If it turns out that you’re quite popular and your friend list gets a little out of hand you can also give your friends nicknames so you can remember who they are

Groups

If you play with a regular group of friends or you want to join together as a community you can get together via our Groups system. You can talk together and when you’re ready you can send out mass invites to your game. Disclaimer: We do not take responsibility for the team mates that join, and you having to carry them.

Overlay

Many of the above features are at your fingertips even when you’re in the middle of a game. Need some backup? Invite a friend. Sweet skin you just have to have? Grab it in the shop or unlock it via the Club. You can also access a web browser and show your FPS in-game via the overlay (This can be enabled via the settings menu).

Screenshots

Capture those breathtaking vistas or snap some of those oh so funny moments like character faces missing their skin textu… Nevermind. With Uplay you can take screenshots with the press of a button and you can even have them taken automatically anytime you earn an Achievement.

Well that just about covers it for the day to day features we have in the client today. We’re always working on new features for you, but if you have any ideas of your own that you want to share feel free to head on over to our forums and let us know.

Until then, we’ll see you in-game.

/The Uplay Team

Thanks for posting this !

It was only recent that I realized how cool Uplay is. I use to not like Uplay, I figured it was a heavy background running program that was totally pointless and annoying but I was wrong. Uplay is just as good as steam and way better then Origin for sure. I think at first glance the user interface kinda fools you. It's not like steam and sorta looks like Origin, so it's easy to dismiss this application. I'm glad i'm over that assumption now !

I have gotten into the habit of launching Uplay and launching my UBISOFT games through it exclusively however, since I have bought most of my UBISOFT games via steam I have to also launch steam in order to play. I'd like to say that from now on I will be buying my UBISOFT games only through Uplay to avoid this.

Keep up the good work Uplay team !!
     2 people found this helpful