IBM Watson voice recognition support to continue through 2018!

Thanks to feedback from the crew members of Federation Starships exploring the Trench and our partners at IBM, we are pleased to announce that IBM Watson voice recognition support will continue through 2018. Introduced as a beta technology update after the launch of the U.S.S. Aegis, IBM’s Watson powered voice recognition support has helped Captains interact with their crew in a clear and efficient manner and will continue to do so in upcoming content that is currently in development.

Stay tuned for further Star Trek: Bridge Crew news in the near future and safe voyages Captains!

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to hear what you guys have in the pipeline.

Selest2006's Avatar Junior Member
    This is brilliant news: I still play Bridge Crew, and use the voice commands all the time, including if there’s an AI crew member in multiplayer.

I am totally hyped about the upcoming content too. I love this game!

All I can say is that you / it / they had BETTER teach Ensign Rao to learn HEADINGS, and common directions! Having a helm officer that you can't ask to turn xxx degrees to port / starboard or "make your heading 045 mark 030" is just pathetic.
     1 people found this helpful

Post wording makes it sound like Watson is just temporary and will eventually be pulled if IBM changes their minds.