Thread: Dude, Where’s My Knife? | Forums

Dude, Where’s My Knife?

All in all I am enjoying Far Cry 5, but I think the weapon selection is a little slim, mainly for melee weapons in particular.

For melee you have a shovel, pipes, knuckle duster and a boat paddle. Why aren’t there any bladed weapons like: knives, machetes, axes, scythes and pitchforks? I want to be able to throw a pitchfork the same way I can throw spears in Primal.

Come on Ubisoft, there are just as many variations of knives as there are guns in real life, if not more so. Give us different knife types: bowie, machete, ka-bar (combat knife) or a fricken ulu even though we’re not in Alaska. It’s only more items that we have to buy, which may help boost your micro transaction scheme, although I’m thankful we don’t have to rely on them to progress. That’s all I want for Christmas, maybe an added gore mode for more blood? That sounds tasty.
     9 people found this helpful

Yeah I agree. My biggest gripe with FC5 is the lack of a Knife. One of the highlights in previous FC games (3-Primal) was the stealth mechanics includeing machete kills.
    Perhaps a cop doesnt use a machete. But the lack of a hunting knife is weird. You can even skin animals. I think ubisoft should add blade weapons as well and perhaps have the same animation for all of them if that's necessary.
     4 people found this helpful

Ubi-KitKoumal's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey there guys!

Interesting feedback, will make sure to share with the team, thanks!
     8 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-KitKoumal Go to original post
    Hey there guys!

Interesting feedback, will make sure to share with the team, thanks!

Yes a well placed Rambo machete on the table for take downs and Skinning + Looting animations, score for the game would raise +10. You do want to create a blockbuster if Im not mistaken!
     2 people found this helpful

LaMOi's Avatar Senior Member
    I need a knife! More satisfying that punch to the face or bat...
     3 people found this helpful

I am for it as long as it is like other melee weapons and is optional, i like being able to put my firearm away and walk around Hope County.

I love to get more melee weapons

A hunting knife
    Hatchet
    Fire Axe

I agree.
    While I like the Throwing Knife, Id also like a Hunting or Combat Knife for Stealth Takedowns
     4 people found this helpful

I just walked by an NPC and he says, “When you run outta Ammo, you can always count on a good blade.”

Well maybe you can sonny, but I can’t seem to pick any up! 😢

Seriously, guys. Knives have been one of the most requested items in TWO major Ubisoft games, Wildlands and now FC5.

Give us a good looking hunting knife, a Ka-Bar, a Hatchet, and an Axe PLEASE!

Originally Posted by ErinMT556x45mm Go to original post
    I just walked by an NPC and he says, “When you run outta Ammo, you can always count on a good blade.”

Well maybe you can sonny, but I can’t seem to pick any up! 😢

Seriously, guys. Knives have been one of the most requested items in TWO major Ubisoft games, Wildlands and now FC5.

Give us a good looking hunting knife, a Ka-Bar, a Hatchet, and an Axe PLEASE!
    Bizarre isn’t it?

Everyone moans about no knife.....

Cmon Ubisoft. Sheesh