[UPDATED] STBC's Watson powered voice recognition feature to be deactivated

[UPDATE] IBM Watson voice recognition will remain accessible in Star Trek: Bridge Crew through 2018.

[Original message follows]:

In June of last year, we introduced a new beta feature that added IBM Watson powered voice recognition for issuing NPC crew commands to Star Trek: Bridge Crew. This unique experiment allowed us to add a new, simple and immersive way to interact with your crew in addition to our original menu based commands. After an enriching beta period, the feature will be discontinued on March 29, 2018.

Thanks to all of our players for joining us in this experiment and for giving us valuable feedback. This has been a remarkable learning experience both for our development team and for IBM’s Watson team. The original controls remain and your NPC crew members remain available and await your command.

Replacement

What will be used to replace this? When this feature was announced, it was a huge game changer. Also, are there going to be any updates or a sequel to the game?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by UbiGabe Go to original post
    In June of last year, we introduced a new beta feature that added IBM Watson powered voice recognition for issuing NPC crew commands to Star Trek: Bridge Crew. This unique experiment allowed us to add a new, simple and immersive way to interact with your crew in addition to our original menu based commands. After an enriching beta period, the feature will be discontinued for technical reasons on March 29, 2018.

Thanks to all of our players for joining us in this experiment and for giving us valuable feedback. This has been a remarkable learning experience both for our development team and for IBMs Watson team. The original controls remain and your NPC crew members remain available and await your command.

We should have more information about upcoming updates very soon!

Originally Posted by UbiGabe Go to original post
    We should have more information about upcoming updates very soon!
    By soon you mean what? And by 'update' you mean what? This game is a year old and the community has been holding this game on their shoulder without any new content what so ever. Now you remove one piece of it that, no offence, but was never advertise to be a 'beta'. Yah, I'm angry but it's bc I love this game and what you guys doing seems to just making us hold our breath for a year without anything.

It's your last chance. For me anyway.

To be honest, this wasn't a huge feature for me, though I understand many will be upset with losing this feature. I'm more interested in:

1. What's the reason behind this change? I know we'll never publicly know, but it'd be nice to understand what happened.
    2. ST:BC seems like it's been long done with content-related updates. That said, what's the future of the franchise, if any (especially on PSVR)?

This is disappointing to hear. It took months to get the voice commands back on after they went offline and to hear that they are being deactivated permanently. It really adds to the Bridge Crew experience and in many ways makes the game more playable. I look forward to new announcements but I hope Ubisoft reverses the decision to turn this off or at least looks to incorporate in future updates.
    Hopefully we will get more updates on the timeline of what is coming and when.

Did something change on this in the last few days? UploadVR is reporting that voice control will work at least through the end of the year...

https://uploadvr.com/star-trek-bridg...m-watson-2018/