Thread: PS4 issue: recent DLC working but not recording progress | Forums

Thank you! Deleted game, immediately did rebuild. Game was already there, no dlc, played Don't Stop. Powered off and restarted. Did not save. Tests done. I will stand by for further instructions! Really want to play new Rolling Stones pack this week! Please help! If I have to start over, I accept that, but I won't play if progress isn't saved. Need to know how to reinstall, do I reset ps4?

Any other suggestions? Haven't played in weeks. On of the last posts said that my issue was being sent up the line. I know everyone is busy with the Holidays and all. I really miss playing RS! Want to the Stones pack and Chuck Berry! Please let me know what I should do. Thank you again.

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    @JOHN19731991 Just to clarify, have you tried restoring your licenses to see if that may help?

Yes. I can try again but I thought it was only if you bought RS online. I have a disk.

I started this thread and I never was able to remedy the situation.
    I gave up and started from zero after trying everything and more.
    Sorry to be a downer, but better to move on and leave the frustration behind.

@Brodirt what is the best way to start over and will it effect progress in other games? Really don't know much about game consoles except, turn on and jam out.

Same for me Brodirt.

JOHN19731991, It was just the "save game" for Rocksmith that I deleted. The game and the DLC aren't touched and it doesn't affect anything else on your PS4.

Here you go

PlayStation 4:

In the XrossMedia Bar, go to Settings.
    Choose "Application Saved Data Management".
    Select "Saved Data in System Storage."
    Choose "Delete".
    Select the saved data for the game you would like to delete and follow the on-screen prompts.

Or here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZnEdwIO0Q

Then when you restart Rocksmith, every song is back at 0% and you've got to start all over again. Shame, but I found no other way around it. It did start saving progress after this.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    This sounds like save data corruption. After trying all of the suggested troubleshooting, if the issue is persisting then deleting the game save sounds like the next logical step. Please note that you can backup PS4 save files to a USB if you'd like to hold onto that save file in case you find that the issue persists even after deleting the save from the machine.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234