I love Silent Hunter 3 but i havent play sh3. My computer is Vista (Home)sp1, silent hunter opening but disappears graphics i think Starforce Protection system is not working on vista i hate starforce Please fix this problem.

I love Silent Hunter 3 but i havent play sh3. My computer is Vista (Home)sp1, silent hunter opening but disappears graphics i think Starforce Protection system is not working on vista i hate starforce Please fix this problem.

DarkOmen13's Avatar Member
    Interesting, i have just had problems with my stupid windows Vista ultimate.......
    I had starforce problems but it does tell you so if that is it.

I also tried SH4 and that gave me the problem you seem to be describing.
    It loads and then the screen goes blank but you still have sound??

D.

@boeingmanonur & DarkOmen13

It is my understanding that for SHIII to work in Vista you need to go to the Starforce website and d/l the latest drivers for the Starforce protection system. As I don't play SHIII much anymore I have not tried this, but I have seen many posts of people who have and SHIII seems to run fine for them.

Yes i was fixed the problem in yesterday Yep i was updated starforce and changing my Anti-Aliasing settings. I wrote to this link:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1085392/m/7701090487

im playing silent hunter now Let's sink em' all

JRH3's Avatar Junior Member
    Starforce released an update to allow it to run on Vista; however, Starforce will not run on Windows 7. BTW, I have Vista service pack 2

1) Go to Starforce website. Select Technical Support. Download SF Helper.
    2) Install game
    3) Click Play -- DO NOT restart computer when prompted
    4) Run SF Helper program. It should find the problem with game and give you a link to download sfdrvup (Starforce Driver Update)
    5) Run sfdrvup. Restart computer when prompted.