K1ngthepug's Avatar Member

Crew mechanics

Iíve been playing woodlands recently and one of the things I enjoy is having my NPC squad following me around.

Letís say in BGE2 we build up our crew on our ship, we could then be given the option to recruit 3 at a time to accompany us on a mission or even in free roam. Enabling similar squad commands as are seen in wildlands.

This could then mean if we meet up with other captains online a mission could be undertaken by 2 online players and 6 NPC crew members.

What does everyone else think?

bananenslip's Avatar Member
    In Mass Effect you can have friends in the singleplayer mode but in multiplayer you only can play alone without NPCs.

Its necessary to have the correct frinds with you in the singleplayer to solve some missions. that can make realy fun and its a good idea for BGE2.
    Only in multyplayer it can be too much if you walk around and fight and your NPCs shoot everything down for you. Only in motherships maybee is it ok, but only if you cant
    fly it alone.

SleekyGeeky's Avatar Junior Member
    Always love squad mechanics like Mass effect, dragon age, ect. they add a bit more life to the game specially if the NPCs have dialogue. So i would adore being able to have some of the crew members tag along when we go on if we so choose to have them. As for the multiplayer part, i could see the squad mechanic being an issue if you're teaming up with others. so maybe just a single player feature.

K1ngthepug's Avatar Member
    You guys make some good points about the multiplayer. Maybe similar to far cry 5 an online player could take up one of your crew spots?

Stavros979's Avatar Junior Member

I like the idea but they speak about finding you're owner crew members so it think there Will be alot of npc's you can choose from. So i think it would be very hard for the devs tot give each NPC it's own dialouge en maybe it's own skill set. It works in farcy 5 because you only have 3 NPC's tot choose from.

bananenslip's Avatar Member
    In Mass effect you can choose mostly between 7 NPCs and evry character have its own special skill if you got the trustof them.
    those are all characters from mass effect and some had to be found or persuadet.

https://magisterscorner.files.wordpr...-1600x9001.jpg

These are the Crew members that we can choose i think what we want. but i think the rest will be the NPCs that will be found in the futer of the game

https://bgegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/BGE2_Character-Lineup_01-940x480.jpg

It isnt impossible that will come some missions to give them special skills.
    All in one it can be a great story