Thread: Mouse and keyboard is cheating on console | Forums

  1. #91
    .
    True, but for me it's simply not a huge issue any more. If I run into a mouse, which is not that often ttytt, then I bring a shotgun and wait for them to come out of their hole..then I blast them!

    Meh, i disagree. When you have a mouser thats crouch spamming, its no longer fun or even gunfight. You cant congratulate anyone anymore for winning a fair fight. Rainbow6 is becoming more of a disappointment than a fun experience.
    Share this post

  2. #92
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post

    If we shouldn't discuss it then it's probably best if you guys hit up Ubi-support and tell them. Otherwise it's gonna get discussed in here..and I personally don't see this being a reason to push Ubi up against the wall and start demanding..again. I could be wrong, but I think by the time the gen 5 consoles come out these developers are going to start integrating peripheral choices anyways, so why beat the idea up when it's going to be a part of the next system wars.
    Thatís whare ur wrong to be fair

    If Sony and microsoft exects were smart thay should be staying away from m/k as much as possible and I will give my reasons

    At the current price point in the U.K. for

    Xbox one x is £450

    And PS4 pro is siting at £350

    With the comeing down price 580 and a rizen first gen 5 pc specs for round the same as Xbox one x what keeps people like me on consoles is the fact I like my comfort I donít want to be sat at no desk with a small over priced monter heck you can get a 50 inch 4K good brand tv for the price off a acre predator 1080p monnter most older console gamers who work chose to be on console because thay like to sit back and relax while playing and not be at a disvange useing a controller because ever one should be useing that if thay start pushing M/K and mandatory to be competitive with thay priceing that force people away to pc as I can build a pc or by a pc for around the same price as thay consoles and its far more powerful than that consoles if I am force to sit at a desk with a mouse and keyboard any way to play may as well just convert over thay will lose a sed ton off people to pc forceing m/k ever one I play with is older has jobs like my self and we all sed the same only on console because we donít want to be siting at desks geting Carpole tunnel and some are even office workers who sit at a pc all day at a desk and when thay come home that just want to relax on the big chare and play and be competitive pushing mouse and keyboard to be mandatory to be competitive would drive those people away form gameing all to gether who whatís to be sat at a desk all day for work and thay come home at night to have to sit at a nuther desk and use a nuther mouse and keyboard
    Share this post

  3. #93
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    If we shouldn't discuss it then it's probably best if you guys hit up Ubi-support and tell them. Otherwise it's gonna get discussed in here..and I personally don't see this being a reason to push Ubi up against the wall and start demanding..again. I could be wrong, but I think by the time the gen 5 consoles come out these developers are going to start integrating peripheral choices anyways, so why beat the idea up when it's going to be a part of the next system wars.
    All in all I'm having the impression we're not on the same page due to what we experience.
    The thing is, I'm not exaggerating that at least 6 people are using a Mouse and Keyboard in every of my last 10 matches, a lot of them also crouch and peekspam and few have recoil macros. The fact you're stating that you simply grab a shotgun and wait in a corner gives me the impression you haven't based your opinion on ranked matches with platinum ranks or higher, that's what I'm playing and the meta is totally not worth it to play. Using a shotgun doesn't help against these players as they have an advantage in every regard and a shotgun is a niche weapon to say the least.

    Furthermore I think console FPS gaming has little future if MKb becomes the standard. You'll be forced to sit behind a desk and use hardware and software which is always clearly outdated compared to the PC. This will be my last console if nothing changes even though I think shooters are more immersive with a controller.

    The problem with Ubisoft is that they slow little of a long term vision whilst necessary steps are and can be taken to make this game a much better one on console.

    EDIT: On the future of consoles part I agree with Kenny above, saw his post afterwards.
    Share this post

  4. #94
    Originally Posted by Kenny324410 Go to original post
    That’s whare ur wrong to be fair

    If Sony and microsoft exects were smart thay should be staying away from m/k as much as possible and I will give my reasons

    At the current price point in the U.K. for

    Xbox one x is £450

    And PS4 pro is siting at £350

    With the comeing down price 580 and a rizen first gen 5 pc specs for round the same as Xbox one x what keeps people like me on consoles is the fact I like my comfort I don’t want to be sat at no desk with a small over priced monter heck you can get a 50 inch 4K good brand tv for the price off a acre predator 1080p monnter most older console gamers who work chose to be on console because thay like to sit back and relax while playing and not be at a disvange useing a controller because ever one should be useing that if thay start pushing M/K and mandatory to be competitive with thay priceing that force people away to pc as I can build a pc or by a pc for around the same price as thay consoles and its far more powerful than that consoles if I am force to sit at a desk with a mouse and keyboard any way to play may as well just convert over thay will lose a sed ton off people to pc forceing m/k ever one I play with is older has jobs like my self and we all sed the same only on console because we don’t want to be siting at desks geting Carpole tunnel and some are even office workers who sit at a pc all day at a desk and when thay come home that just want to relax on the big chare and play and be competitive pushing mouse and keyboard to be mandatory to be competitive would drive those people away form gameing all to gether who what’s to be sat at a desk all day for work and thay come home at night to have to sit at a nuther desk and use a nuther mouse and keyboard
    as a programmer who uses pc from 8am to 5pm, i agree with you.
    the only way they can fix this problem is:
    1-support mk (like fortnite)
    2-make the whole game cross-platform (like fortnite)
    3-make 2 different playlist, one contains players with mk and the other players with controller. (i'm going to say this again, like fortnite )
    4-force players to use the same input device the whole game, so you don't start the game in controller playlist and connect your mk after you're in game.(they can kick the players when they change the input device )

    in my opinion fortnite is the best example for cross-platforms game.it has everything you expect from a cross-platform game (except number 4 i mentioned.)
    Share this post

  5. #95
    Originally Posted by Hope-Rises Go to original post
    as a programmer who uses pc from 8am to 5pm, i agree with you.
    the only way they can fix this problem is:
    1-support mk (like fortnite)
    2-make the whole game cross-platform (like fortnite)
    3-make 2 different playlist, one contains players with mk and the other players with controller. (i'm going to say this again, like fortnite )
    4-force players to use the same input device the whole game, so you don't start the game in controller playlist and connect your mk after you're in game.(they can kick the players when they change the input device )

    in my opinion fortnite is the best example for cross-platforms game.it has everything you expect from a cross-platform game (except number 4 i mentioned.)
    Number four. If You can detect m&k users than we donít have this discussion. Other thing is, ppl are using m&k to have advantage over controller users because they suck at the game. So if they have option to choose a lobby they still use controller lobby because in m&k lobby they would be beaten badly. We have to ask ourselves a question . Why we play on console and not on PC.
    I bought it to sit comfortably on my couch with controller in my hands.
    All this talking about - Iím playin on m&k because is more comfortably for me is just a poor excuse.

    It is all about advantage. It always was.
    Share this post

  6. #96
    The Ubi always say they cannot do nothing about it, but it's their game, should ban or create a system that recognize KBM.
    Share this post

  7. #97
    Originally Posted by Aenigmatista Go to original post
    All in all I'm having the impression we're not on the same page due to what we experience.
    The thing is, I'm not exaggerating that at least 6 people are using a Mouse and Keyboard in every of my last 10 matches, a lot of them also crouch and peekspam and few have recoil macros. The fact you're stating that you simply grab a shotgun and wait in a corner gives me the impression you haven't based your opinion on ranked matches with platinum ranks or higher, that's what I'm playing and the meta is totally not worth it to play. Using a shotgun doesn't help against these players as they have an advantage in every regard and a shotgun is a niche weapon to say the least.

    Furthermore I think console FPS gaming has little future if MKb becomes the standard. You'll be forced to sit behind a desk and use hardware and software which is always clearly outdated compared to the PC. This will be my last console if nothing changes even though I think shooters are more immersive with a controller.

    The problem with Ubisoft is that they slow little of a long term vision whilst necessary steps are and can be taken to make this game a much better one on console.

    EDIT: On the future of consoles part I agree with Kenny above, saw his post afterwards.
    He saying he still sees it as a problem but other glaring faults such netcode and bad hit reg affect him more as it does affect him and the wider player base more.

    As to the future thats already here. Microsoft already launched mkb support and wisely said its up to the game devs in whether they use it. So they stand to make all the money but catch none of the flak. Sony already had support for mkb.

    Its also not as clear cut as you make it. The manufacturer of xim stands to lose a lot of money if devs find a way to block it. So it'll end up turning into an arms race just like with hackers on pc just with much higher stakes.
    Share this post

  8. #98
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post

    Its also not as clear cut as you make it. The manufacturer of xim stands to lose a lot of money if devs find a way to block it. So it'll end up turning into an arms race just like with hackers on pc just with much higher stakes.
    Really??? There is a ton other games players can play with xim. Also let them play single player. In multiplayer it should be banned.
    Besides, xim manufacturer donít give a damn about rainbow players. Why should anyone care about them?
    Share this post

  9. #99
    Originally Posted by johnrambo_1980 Go to original post
    Really??? There is a ton other games players can play with xim. Also let them play single player. In multiplayer it should be banned.
    Besides, xim manufacturer donít give a damn about rainbow players. Why should anyone care about them?
    Because if one game stops them others would follow suit. Its a business to them so yes they will make sure their product works for anything. Especially one of the biggest "competitive" games on console. Look at the main games where its an issue fortnite, pubg, r6 at least on Xbox not sure about ps the I don't run into any really in BO4 or BF. So yes the manufacturer would stand to lose money.

    In not sure if you're implying I care if they lose money. I don't they could go rot in hell however I do know that they will not take a threat to their money lightly so they'll just double down and find another work around. Hence why I said it not a clear cut solution for any dev. Microsoft and Sony would have to step in which by their lack of response its obvious they don't care.
    Share this post

  10. #100
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    Because if one game stops them others would follow suit. Its a business to them so yes they will make sure their product works for anything. Especially one of the biggest "competitive" games on console. Look at the main games where its an issue fortnite, pubg, r6 at least on Xbox not sure about ps the I don't run into any really in BO4 or BF. So yes the manufacturer would stand to lose money.

    In not sure if you're implying I care if they lose money. I don't they could go rot in hell however I do know that they will not take a threat to their money lightly so they'll just double down and find another work around. Hence why I said it not a clear cut solution for any dev. Microsoft and Sony would have to step in which by their lack of response its obvious they don't care.
    I think MS and Sony will do something as, ultimately, the 'threat' is to them.
    Share this post